The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 20, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #2,251 of 18,652
Yup. One of my headphones doesn't produce the hiss. Most likely a sensitive IEM thing. But I can't quite figure out how some with JH16 gets the hiss and some doesn't. Assuming CIEM doesn't vary as much as build consistency or hearing ability, I'm inclined to believe the hiss actually exists in all devices and an exchange will not help eliminate the hiss.

I think the same too (especially now that I already have mine :D )

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #2,252 of 18,652
Yup. One of my headphones doesn't produce the hiss. Most likely a sensitive IEM thing. But I can't quite figure out how some with JH16 gets the hiss and some doesn't. Assuming CIEM doesn't vary as much as build consistency or hearing ability, I'm inclined to believe the hiss actually exists in all devices and an exchange will not help eliminate the hiss.

I can't explain it myself but the input impedance has a play into it, the lower you go the higher the hiss, when I plug my amp to it the hiss is gone (amp has a rough input impedance in the komhs). Note also that the hiss is reversely proportional to the gain, the higher the gain, the lower the hiss. And you are right lots of members have found it to be the case so an exchange is unlikely to fix that.

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #2,253 of 18,652
I can't explain it myself but the input impedance has a play into it, the lower you go the higher the hiss, when I plug my amp to it the hiss is gone (amp has a rough input impedance in the komhs). Note also that the hiss is reversely proportional to the gain, the higher the gain, the lower the hiss. And you are right lots of members have found it to be the case so an exchange is unlikely to fix that.

I'm quite an OCD but for me it's not annoying or in any ways taking from the experience (well, at least yet)

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #2,254 of 18,652
Ok so I finally got it working by updating the firmware. It sounds great, altho an adjustment to hear a bright wolfson. Theres definitely a brittleness to the treble which renders cymbals and snares to sound unnatural.

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #2,259 of 18,652
My player freezes on the startup screen and then sometimes goes black and just hangs. Anyone know how to fix this?

She's not fully stable yet dryvadeum, just reboot it and she'll go. :wink:

Might want to take some time to read the bug thread and become familiar with your new player, because really we're all learning together, although rest assured iBasso will do their best to make the player stable.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680472/dx50-bug-list-wish-list-fix

It will go a lot more though than not for now. :)

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #2,260 of 18,652
anyone found out that when you play 24/192 flac music, some random clicking sound will be generated? There is no such problem on 24/192 wav.

anyone notice the clicking noise when playing 24/192 flac ?

Yes, I am getting it on the free tracks I downloaded from 2L. This is the first time I have been able to play the 24/193 flac tracks.

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #2,262 of 18,652

Thanks - that is exactly what I will do!

Just for the info - what would you consider as alternative/second best?

I quite liked the fun TF-10 but the mids were too recessed. 
Other people thought that the DBA-02 MKII/Brainwavz B2/Rockit Sounds R50 (All TWFK driver IEMs) were good, but I didn;t really like them. They were full of detail but too sibilant. The DBA-02 MKII wasn't that bad though. 

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #2,263 of 18,652
Check out vsonic gr07 if you need lots of bass, else hifiman re400 if you are more into classical types. My 2c

Thank you! I will buy the GR07 and the RE400 will be on my list for second more analytical IEM!

Any suggestions regarding the gain level to use on the DX50? Right now I only have Creative EP830 and they seem best at low or mid gain. Definitely too harsh on the treble at hi gain and some light hiss.

Cheers!

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #2,265 of 18,652
  lin0003 Thanks again! 

What are your suggestions on the gain level and the EQ to use on DX50?

Have a great day!
Y.K.

Hi, I use low gain at around 165-170 and I listen pretty loud. 
I personally dislike EQ so I don't use it at all on higher end stuff. Sometimes on my phone I do though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back