The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #736 of 18,652
Well if it's any consolation, I find the DX50 sounding better than the iPod 6th gen which initially I thought were going to be relatively similar being bright because of the Cirrus Dac but not quite, the dx50 seems to be brighter, it's actually clearer, the iPod sound felt slightly muddled in comparison. I paired the DX50 with the intruder and really like the results, somehow it has softened the brightness.

Some experts comment that iPod 5th Gen. (stock) sounds better than DX50.
May be someone can do a critical listening to compare these two players.

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #737 of 18,652
Well if it's any consolation, I find the DX50 sounding better than the iPod 6th gen which initially I thought were going to be relatively similar being bright because of the Cirrus Dac but not quite, the dx50 seems to be brighter, it's actually clearer, the iPod sound felt slightly muddled in comparison. I paired the DX50 with the intruder and really like the results, somehow it has softened the brightness.

Some experts comment that iPod 5th Gen. (stock) sounds better than DX50.
May be someone can do a critical listening to compare these two players.

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #738 of 18,652
Oi...if anyone plans on using the this player through their aux port in their car, good luck -_-.
For some reason the DX50 works with the aux port sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Trying to figure out what the problem is.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #741 of 18,652
Everyone has in the opinion often right them, doesn't mean they're right for everyone.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #743 of 18,652
Could you give a little more detail as to why you like it more than the Studio V 3rd Anniversary ? What are the differences in signature ? Is the background quieter than the Studio ?

Thanks very much if you reply...

Sure not a problem. I'll try to do a little comparison between the 2 when I get back from work later in the night.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #744 of 18,652
  has anyone of you guys used the equaliser? does it sound good & alter, bloat other frequencies?

All I did was take down the last 3 bands a notch to tame the brightness a bit, especially on female vocals. No need to touch anything else for the time being. I was surprised, as I was using slightly dark headphones for the test listening (AD2000x). I can't imagine something like the HD800 or an AKG or a TWFK IEM, heh.

I REALLY wish they would replace that 4khz band with a 2.5khz band. 4khz is when the harshness starts to set in, the only thing I'm going to do to it is turn it down a bit. 2-2.5khz still has a ton of useful audio information in it, especially for female vocals.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #745 of 18,652
  Oi...if anyone plans on using the this player through their aux port in their car, good luck -_-.
For some reason the DX50 works with the aux port sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Trying to figure out what the problem is.

blink.gif

And I was all set for a lovely commute tomorrow morning.

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #747 of 18,652

As alternative is it possible to bypass the internal DAC of DX50 with digital out?

Use DX50 solely as transport and then pair with iBasso PB2 (amp) + DB2 (Dual WM8740 DAC).

I know Fiio X3 allows to bypass its internal DAC by coaxial digital out. 

Yep, you can do that, but not sure how to though. 

And does anyone know how to make a playlist? I left it on for 7 hours and it still has 3/4 bars... Great battery life!

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #750 of 18,652

Just in time for my questions also... Yes I was very interested in using the player in the same fashion as you have tried.. Please let me know what you find..

and what brand,etc of line out cable did you use to connect to aux port of car

and... how did you mount it in the car.. any bracket brand or model # would be helpful too..

and.. and..how did it sound when it worked??

Thanks and awaiting any other news on this issue.. especially since I have already ordered one ..lol

Don J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back