The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 10, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #18,587 of 18,652
Jan 10, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #18,589 of 18,652
Too bad this was the only daps on the market with a replacement battery, it sucks companies don't listen to us customers, I mean I understand all people with iPhones have no need for replaceable batteries,that's why apple started that trend in electronics all those years ago,but it is too bad for people like me, my wife got a dx50 and she loves it, we looked at the newer ibasso line up and realized that they don't have that option, I think we will buy another 1 or maybe 2 just for parts, thank God for all the amazingly good diy daps out now, at least I can change the batteries on my zishan all on my own,but it's not the same as my wifes ibasso, I have to solder it in, but she can simply drop in a charged one and keep moving, I wish they would have kept that feature, I was ready to buy a new ibasso but I guess I will stick to my cheaper diy stuff

I agree its really terrible. Your on the right path.
I still have my DX50 and also DX80. The "Audio" industry just like the "Tech" industry ask too much for their products for what they do.
I to look at the new line up and didn't see a reason to upgrade.
I do believe all "DAPS" at this stage should offer "bluetooth" and "Wifi", it should not be a big thing.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #18,590 of 18,652
It's too bad, honestly I was ready to spend a good $400-500 on a new dap towards the second half of this year, and after the dx50, I was thinking to stick to there daps, I like there style, sound is great, but I just can't see myself paying that much for something that the company had developed using planned obsolescence, this is why I refuse to by apple products, or most goods today, I see idiots walking around with new iPhones and huge powerbanks and I don't get it, why support a company that introduced planned obsolescence to the phone and portable player world. I understand, that's how marketing works and its good for them to sell us a phone or a player that only last 500 charge cycles. we need to demand more as customers, we need to boycott companies that employ these dirty and dishonest bussines tactics, not reward them....oh well, sheeple will always follow other sheeple, right to the slaughter house. I guess I will buy an extra dx50 for parts, and hope it last a few more years, but I am sure I will get a new dap too, whoever has changeable batteries wins my money

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #18,591 of 18,652
hi all,

I have my dx50 with dualboot and rockbox. whats the latest guide/steps to update rockbox? Its been sooooooo long that I have completely forgotten...

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #18,592 of 18,652
Feb 6, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #18,593 of 18,652
hello everyone again Still looking for information about the display: the backlight is working but there is no image. Support Ibasso does not respond at all (I'm in shock - very bad from the company). Can anyone tell what the problem is? Has anyone come across? It's just very strange that the device was used carefully and one morning - he had such a problem.
Immediately answer the questions: I was flashing with all the firmware.:relaxed:

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #18,594 of 18,652
hello everyone again Still looking for information about the display: the backlight is working but there is no image. Support Ibasso does not respond at all (I'm in shock - very bad from the company). Can anyone tell what the problem is? Has anyone come across? It's just very strange that the device was used carefully and one morning - he had such a problem.
Immediately answer the questions: I was flashing with all the firmware.:relaxed:
Do swipe memory and factory reset + newest FW install with RKBatchTool. I once had very strange issue with screen with some custom FW and only thing that fized it was RKBatchTool.
Also, are You sure You haven`t dropped Your DX50 which may have caused PCB display connector(s) to loosen up?

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #18,595 of 18,652
Also, are You sure You haven`t dropped Your DX50 which may have caused PCB display connector(s) to loosen up?
yep, inside all good(checked over +100500 ) :)
thanks, i will try factory reset.
In your case, even the boot screen was not displayed? I don't even have an image even when entering recovery mode.

upd: factory reset and restore + install new fmw in rkbatchtool did not help :frowning2:

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #18,596 of 18,652
yep, inside all good(checked over +100500 ) :)
thanks, i will try factory reset.
In your case, even the boot screen was not displayed? I don't even have an image even when entering recovery mode
with rkbatchtool you don`t need DX50 screen - that`s why RKbatch was only solution for me as I couldn`t see nothing from screen.

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #18,597 of 18,652
with rkbatchtool you don`t need DX50 screen - that`s why RKbatch was only solution for me as I couldn`t see nothing from screen.
i know about it, but factory reset and install new fmw did not help :frowning2:
still black screen and no image(and bootimage too)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #18,598 of 18,652
then I don`t know what to suggest... maybe get used/broken DX50 ?

Feb 6, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #18,599 of 18,652
then I don`t know what to suggest... maybe get used/broken DX50 ?
better to buy another new player .
i dont know why Ibasso support do not answer to my question.
do not care for users

Feb 6, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #18,600 of 18,652
it`s because they don`t have any replacement screens for DX90/DX50 anymore and dropped all the HW related support for it as far as I know.
Hopefully my modded DX50 will last long long... I love it so much in modded configuration that I would probably buy another used one and mod it again :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back