The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 25, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #18,076 of 18,652
 I'm not able to select "DAC (Linux/Mac)" in the dx50 so i'm not able to try it as a DAC, even with xubuntu. When I press "DAC (Linux/Mac)" the option is highlighted but there's no way to select it, the flag always goes back to the top to "Storage". Is anyone having the same issue? Am I doing something wrong?

1. Same here, I tried everything, reinstall, back to factory etc. I want to hook my Dx50 up to my Android sony z3 via USB OTG. It might work if I can select the mac/linux dac as I have read somewhere.

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #18,077 of 18,652
I love my DX50:D
I would like to try another DAP that does not have FW issues.
I was reading a thread on the A&K 240 and it has issues. Really at the price they charge?
Anybody knows about a DAP with no FW issues?

Because portable audio is a niche market which for most parts holds a shorter life span than mainstream products (Apple for example) the levels of stability and dedicated time involved stabilising a product 100% are less. Many of these companies aren't huge, far from it. I'm sure if iBasso or AK wanted to it can be done, just a matter of time, then everyone will be whining because the next new shiny DAP isn't out. Imagine it isn't easy. What these products do offer though is much better SQ, features, than a lot of mainstream MP3 players.

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #18,078 of 18,652
Because portable audio is a niche market which for most parts holds a shorter life span than mainstream products (Apple for example) the levels of stability and dedicated time involved stabilising a product 100% are less. Many of these companies aren't huge, far from it. I'm sure if iBasso or AK wanted to it can be done, just a matter of time, then everyone will be whining because the next new shiny DAP isn't out. Imagine it isn't easy. What these products do offer though is much better SQ, features, than a lot of mainstream MP3 players.

I agree with some of what you said but seriously they should hire some programmers to help with their FW issues.
I can't honestly recommend the DX50 to a person who's not Tech savvy. Folks would rather download from iTunes ect.
I wish Apple had bought Sennheiser and AK we might have something. Nope they probley would mess things up.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #18,079 of 18,652
I think what's happened to me over spending a long time on these forums and watching products is a certain level of acceptance, or higher tolerance level to bugs. I'm not saying it's correct way of thinking either, just what's happened. Almost to a point when you see someone nagging away you think, "oh gosh, just shut up mate, it's not that bad!"

Haha. :D

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #18,080 of 18,652
Software without bugs does not exist. Period. Get over it. It's just a fact of life. If you have a small company you cannot pour in the same amount of resources as Apple or any of the big guns.

Speaking of, you have to show me an Apple player with a SQ matching iBasso, FiiO or alike.

Not sure if I ever would buy a Sennheiser xyz designed by Apple.....

Cheers.

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #18,081 of 18,652
  Software without bugs does not exist. Period. Get over it. It's just a fact of life. If you have a small company you cannot pour in the same amount of resources as Apple or any of the big guns.

Speaking of, you have to show me an Apple player with a SQ matching iBasso, FiiO or alike.

Not sure if I ever would buy a Sennheiser xyz designed by Apple.....

Cheers.

Sure you would its still Sennheiser.
Seriously, their plenty of software that's not buggy.
I know iBasso a small company but like they say you have to spend money to make money.
I'm just saying I thought it would be a little better buy now also forums are for opinions.
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #18,082 of 18,652
Hi everyone. My dx50 is on the latest firmware, which is 1.9.4. However the Left/Right Balance doesn't work. Have anyone suffered this before or could suggest me how to fix it. I need this function to adjust my earphones. Thk you guys

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #18,083 of 18,652
  Hi everyone. My dx50 is on the latest firmware, which is 1.9.4. However the Left/Right Balance doesn't work. Have anyone suffered this before or could suggest me how to fix it. I need this function to adjust my earphones. Thk you guys

Are your headphones plugged into the headphone out jack, not the line out?

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #18,084 of 18,652

AFAIK, this is a confirmed bug in 1.9.4. iBasso promised somewhere to make a fix in the next version, but it's still not released.

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #18,085 of 18,652
I just got my DX50 last night, got it on Amazon for $180. I am using a PNY 128GB sdxc card formatted in exfat, all my music is in 16/44.1 .m4a alac (and plays fine on itunes with bitperfect). I updated the player to the 1.9.4 firmware and did a factory reset twice after that. Everything is working well except for one thing... every single track stutters every 20-30 secs, it is driving me mad. I've tried rescanning the library as well but I still cannot listen to a single track without it stuttering multiple times. Has anyone else experienced this? What was the fix? 

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #18,087 of 18,652
Maybe you should try format card in fat32. I am not sure if that will help, but it may.

I can't because fat32 only supports volumes up to 32GB, I am using a 128GB SD card. Supposedly this thing supports SD cards up to 2TB (when they exist) which would require full exfat support, so that should not be an issue... and if it is then ibasso has lied through their teeth about SD card support...

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #18,088 of 18,652
I just got my DX50 last night, got it on Amazon for $180. I am using a PNY 128GB sdxc card formatted in exfat, all my music is in 16/44.1 .m4a alac (and plays fine on itunes with bitperfect). I updated the player to the 1.9.4 firmware and did a factory reset twice after that. Everything is working well except for one thing... every single track stutters every 20-30 secs, it is driving me mad. I've tried rescanning the library as well but I still cannot listen to a single track without it stuttering multiple times. Has anyone else experienced this? What was the fix? 

No expert by any means, have you tried playing those files from the card through your PC to see if the stutter continues? Maybe a bad card if so. I've not tried any m4a format files, all of my files are flac with a few mp3's.

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #18,089 of 18,652
No expert by any means, have you tried playing those files from the card through your PC to see if the stutter continues? Maybe a bad card if so. I've not tried any m4a format files, all of my files are flac with a few mp3's.

Do you mean with the dx50 set up as an external DAC? No I haven't tried that yet. But the exact same files played through itunes using bitperfect on my Macbook Air to the exact same set of B&W P3 headphones does not result in any stuttering whatsoever, plays smooth as butter. It only happens when playing them with the dx50. Also just as a side note, I have tried it with and without the EQ enabled and it stutters regardless.

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #18,090 of 18,652
I can't because fat32 only supports volumes up to 32GB, I am using a 128GB SD card. Supposedly this thing supports SD cards up to 2TB (when they exist) which would require full exfat support, so that should not be an issue... and if it is then ibasso has lied through their teeth about SD card support...

You can format 128gb into fat32 by using GUI Format - fat32 drive formatter or MiniTool Partition Wizard.
I had similar problem with dx50 rockboxed and in my case it helped, I formated my 128gb card into fat32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back