The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 21, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #17,941 of 18,652
Philips X2 or Fostex X00

Tried the MSR7? Tried an amp with the 300 ohm?
My commute phones were the a900x with C&C BHT plus DX50 love it.
MSR7 and DX50 not a bad synergy.
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #17,942 of 18,652

Philips X2 or Fostex X00

Tried the MSR7? Tried an amp with the 300 ohm?
My commute phones were the a900x with C&C BHT plus DX50 love it.
MSR7 and DX50 not a bad synergy.
biggrin.gif

I haven't heard the MSR7. I've always wanted to audition them, but I haven't had an oppurtunity...

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #17,943 of 18,652
Hi. have just received my DX50 back from Ibasso. It was jittering during playback. I could not manage to format it myself so they did it for me. All I have now is a Brick! I can scan sd card, find ablbums, find track but as soon as I attempt to Play - it freezes. All I can do is try to power off but it restarts itself every time, still frozen.. Is it time to leave the DX50! or does anyone have anything helpful to suggest. Ibasso said this latest problem is a firmware issue, how can that be when they just did that for me?? Thanks

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #17,945 of 18,652
  Hi. have just received my DX50 back from Ibasso. It was jittering during playback. I could not manage to format it myself so they did it for me. All I have now is a Brick! I can scan sd card, find ablbums, find track but as soon as I attempt to Play - it freezes. All I can do is try to power off but it restarts itself every time, still frozen.. Is it time to leave the DX50! or does anyone have anything helpful to suggest. Ibasso said this latest problem is a firmware issue, how can that be when they just did that for me?? Thanks

This does not sound right to me.

Maybe Paul reads this....

Cheers.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #17,946 of 18,652
I am doing the same as I have since getting the DX50 about 3 years ago. Rip cd in Windows Media Player WMA highest quality. These are saved straight to a WD home cloud storage. I then copy and paste those files to the micro sd card. Micro sd card into DX50. This has worked fine for me up until recently. I tried the SU firmware but tried to go back to Ibasso fw resulting in horrible jittering on playback. Ibasso reinstalled the latest fw for me. I can't play anything placed on the internal memory or new Patriot 128gb xc class 10.. Only my previous 64gb sandisk sd card works.
Thanks

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #17,947 of 18,652

I am sorry for the troubles you are having. Did you try a factory reset and then a rescan? Is there another card you can try?

From your email it appears that it was the card and that another card is working fine in the DX50. You could reformat the card in FAT32 and see if that works for the card in question.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #17,949 of 18,652
  Hi Paul
I have tried all these things, The DX 50 will only work with the old sd card but freezes with music on the internal memory and the new sd card. No idea what to try next. :frowning2:

What type of new card are you using and what is the old card? The new card was formatted to FAT32? Are the albums on the new card different from the old card?

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #17,953 of 18,652
  OK,I tried adding adding a couple of albums to the internal memory and these freeze too so maybe it is a circuitryy issue. Thanks for the comments

These are the same albums that work on the Sandisk card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back