The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 18, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #17,926 of 18,652

That was a good one.
biggrin.gif
It also depends on which day of the week you use the battery. On a monday it usually sounds a bit muffled and depressed,
but on a friday with the weekend in sight, man, this thing shines and the treble gets extended even further.

hahahaha that's never miss. Only in Head-Fi.

There's actually multiple reports of different batteries affecting the sound of iBasso DX50 / DX90. Strange right? 

You can read about here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-9-3-july-2-2015/17010#post_11622889

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #17,927 of 18,652

There's actually multiple reports of different batteries affecting the sound of iBasso DX50 / DX90. Strange right? 

You can read about here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-9-3-july-2-2015/17010#post_11622889

Not strange at all.  People hear differences with everything.  derGabe's comment about days of the week is not far off base, sadly.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #17,928 of 18,652

Not strange at all: this is called "placebo". It's the dark side of audiophile lobby. Your justification by numbers only proves that in this forum there is a lot of people who like convince themselves that all elements of their environment can change the sound of their devices. Head-Fi is well knowned for that, even on non-English speaking forums.

There is also multiple reports of conspiracy theories about the reptilian nature of our governors. Strange right?

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #17,929 of 18,652

Not strange at all: this is called "placebo". It's the dark side of audiophile lobby. Your justification by numbers only proves that in this forum there is a lot of people who like convince themselves that all elements of their environment can change the sound of their devices. Head-Fi is well knowned for that, even on non-English speaking forums.

There is also multiple reports of conspiracy theories about the reptilian nature of our governors. Strange right?

Oh yes, placebo, I should have thought.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #17,931 of 18,652

That's nothing, you will think about it next time.

Did I tell that this imaginative and platinium-ears people are often the same who take offense when reasonnable people refute and tease them? :)

Oh, I'm not offended by what you said, but I do become bored of such conversations easily because they go nowhere, I've seen it, watched them time and time again, I know from experience its completely pointless so won't participate.

Good day to you Fingerling. 

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #17,932 of 18,652
For what it's worth, I've also noticed a difference; with the stock battery the soundstage is lit broadly with 3200K gelled fresnels, whereas with the Samsung the soundstage lighting is more dramatic with color spots up front and led borderlights across most of the back. But then again, I'm doing this listening test on a Friday, so things might be different when I listen in a few days.

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #17,933 of 18,652
A battery is a capacitor. It is part of the power supply for what ever it is being used for. In audio, you want capacitors with certain characteristics based upon the application. In a power supply you want a low ESR as well as other factors for good transient response etc. The capacitors after the battery can only do so much and if they do not receive a quality DC current the sound will be affected. Most manufactures go to great lengths in picking out the capacitors they use, if they care about sound. That also means that there are cost restraints and where pennies count, they don't always use the best but still work to get the best out of what they are using unless there is no cost restraint. Sometimes as we know, they succeed and sometimes they don't. 

When it comes to a battery how do you think it would not, as a capacitor, affect the sound? The musical AC signal is carried on DC. Start with a good or excellent foundation and the better the end result. So yes, IMO, the battery can absolutely affect the sound. I found that the Samsung Japanese batteries sounded the best. That would also have to do with the manufacturing process of the battery and chemical makeup. Even if they are all the same "type", chemical purities vary and quality of construction matters. If you can't hear it that is fine and if you can fine also. But remember, capacitors are extremely important in the sound you are hearing and a battery is a capacitor and has a part to play and even if it wasn't a capacitor, it is part of the DC stream. Chord has stated this also, and went to great lengths to get the battery right for the Hugo and then for the Mojo, and it wasn't based just on longevity. 

So you can joke about what people may or may not hear but if you are going to do that, then take it to all capacitors in the chain and just buy the cheapest ones for your next audio project or ask a manufacture to use "the cheap stuff" because it doesn't matter. 

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #17,935 of 18,652
After two weeks, i have decided to send back the Audio Technica m50x. I don't like how they sound with ibasso, no matter how i tried to optimize it via equalizer. Too thin, bass are bloated and not incisive and above all voices are narrow and metallic. My earphones DUNU 1000 are way better, fuller and powerful. I can't find a full headphone that satisfy me, and some interesting models have impedance too high (300 ohm), not good with a portable dac. I don't know... :frowning2: Any suggestion for a good combo with ibasso dx50, with a warmer sound and precise bass, budget max 250/300 dollars? Thanks.

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #17,936 of 18,652
  After two weeks, i have decided to send back the Audio Technica m50x. I don't like how they sound with ibasso, no matter how i tried to optimize it via equalizer. Too thin, bass are bloated and not incisive and above all voices are narrow and metallic. My earphones DUNU 1000 are way better, fuller and powerful. I can't find a full headphone that satisfy me, and some interesting models have impedance too high (300 ohm), not good with a portable dac. I don't know... :frowning2: Any suggestion for a good combo with ibasso dx50, with a warmer sound and precise bass, budget max 250/300 dollars? Thanks.

try out m100 ..

also denon d600, but treble is a bit harsh for me

X2, but its an open back headphone,

he400s, never tried it but its an open back and got lots of praise too.

but they work fine with portable daps specially m100 and d600 .. i suggest you try before you buy too !

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #17,938 of 18,652
i would, they are a brilliant set of cans and pair well with the dx50 in my opinion

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #17,939 of 18,652

Philips X2 or Fostex X00

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #17,940 of 18,652

Philips L2 or Sennheiser Amperior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back