The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 12, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #17,956 of 18,652
  Old card is a sandisk and the new is Patriot 128gb class 10. Using wma files on both. Same albums of both. Both FAT32

I still have albums that are protected wma files that my DX50 wouldn't play which in turn,made it freeze up. Could it be that your wma files are protected? 

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #17,957 of 18,652
hi, I don't think the wma's are the problem as they play fine on my laptop. In the meantime I have deserted I am afraid - I have a Fiio X3 ii and using that sd card all plays perfectly. I looks like the DX50 is faulty somehow. Thanks for all help.

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #17,958 of 18,652
  SU 1.4.0 update

- based on original 1.6.0 FW
- was deleted/disabled a bunch of android services(as Lurker's DX90 FW and a little bit more)

Sound signature is very neutral if you are using "FLAC/Irr Off/default" mode. Highs are soft. 
This version would be suitable for old/classic music records.
Don't forget try different modes(use "Lock on" button while rebooting player).

Direct download - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked/raw/master/releases/dx50_sound_unlocked_1.4.0.7z

Hi, 
The link is broken and shows now an error 404 ! Please, someone can upload su 1.3.3 and su 1.4.0 ? i'm very sensitive with heights sounds in my right ear, and the Doc's firmware are a bit too bright ! and last official firmware too.

Except this one, that iam listenning now seems to me better in high sound, or maybe i'm gonna to be definitively deaf :wink: >>>
  :) :) :) DX50 Pure Sound V4 by DOC2008, here's the link: https://mega.nz/#!e8R1BAZA!LPlRWFd87mfkp5hlGb81sTNjzJL4DnwgIg29LbUp4AM
Now we can move on :) :) :)

Thanks for your help !

PS: sorry bad english inside....

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #17,959 of 18,652
So here we are EOL with that last firmware (I'm assuming) for the DX50. I'm still interested so if someone could answer a couple questions I'd be ecstatic! 

1. How is the DAC funtion? Does the EQ work when being used as a DAC?

2. I'd be coming from an X3 Gen.2 (i.e. X3K, X3ii, etc) and have heard that the DX50 has better mids and sound stage but that the highs aren't as good. Is this the case? I find that odd considering the X3 has weak highs, in my opinion, to begin with. How good is the EQ on the DX50 with making this better? Seriously disappointed about the X3...found the X1 to be better honestly!

3. I've read that reviews claim the UI is horrible. Has this improved any after the multiple firmware updates?

That's all really, thanks!

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #17,960 of 18,652
  I still have albums that are protected wma files that my DX50 wouldn't play which in turn,made it freeze up. Could it be that your wma files are protected? 

Can you send us one of the files that will not play on WeTransfer please? It is a free service. The file can be sent to service@ibasso.com .

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 14, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #17,961 of 18,652
  So here we are EOL with that last firmware (I'm assuming) for the DX50. I'm still interested so if someone could answer a couple questions I'd be ecstatic! 

2.  How good is the EQ on the DX50 with making this better? Seriously disappointed about the X3...

3. I've read that reviews claim the UI is horrible. Has this improved any after the multiple firmware updates?

That's all really, thanks!

2. EQ on the DX50 is something useless for me and i don't need to keep it open. Sound doesn't get better when EQ is opened. On the contrary, it gets worse,imho. I haven't listened X3 yet

3. I think UI problems are solved and it works flawlessly. I haven't experienced any problems regarding UI so far.

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #17,962 of 18,652
I reported a few days ago that my DX50 was freezing every time I hit "play". Paul at iBasso suggested I reinstall the latest firmware, I had just received the DX50 back from iBasso after they had done that for me though so this was the last thing I tried. Anyway, I have now had chance to reinstall the firmware. I am back in business :) The DX50 seems to be working as normal. I had also formatted the sd cards to FAT32 in preparation for the new Fiio X3 ii I had just ordered. These cards are working fine in the DX50. I have been able to compare the DX50 with the X3 ii. There is no comparison - the DX50's resolution is vastly superior. In comparison the X3 ii is gritty and unfocused. The X3 ii does have a warmth however and a better depth to the sound stage. I think I will return the X3 ii :frowning2: . Presumably the DX80 is fabulous!

Jan 16, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #17,963 of 18,652
Tried contacting iBasso for a repair on my busted headphone socket and never got a reply. Pretty disappointed as my warranty is about to expire if it hasn't already.

At the same time I'm still extremely disappointed that the gapless issue isn't fixed.

I'm conflicted on how I want to move forward.

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #17,964 of 18,652
Tried contacting iBasso for a repair on my busted headphone socket and never got a reply. Pretty disappointed as my warranty is about to expire if it hasn't already.

At the same time I'm still extremely disappointed that the gapless issue isn't fixed.

I'm conflicted on how I want to move forward.

Please send another email to service@ibasso.com and put in the subject line "DX50 Repair needed Second request".

Then in the body of the email describe what you need.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 17, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #17,965 of 18,652

The DAC function is OK, with the latest firmware and the latest driver I tried it on two PCs - it worked flawlessly.

The EQ of the DX50 doesn't work when being used as a DAC. But foobar's EQ does work in this situation.

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #17,966 of 18,652

The DAC function is OK, with the latest firmware and the latest driver I tried it on two PCs - it worked flawlessly.

The EQ of the DX50 doesn't work when being used as a DAC. But foobar's EQ does work in this situation.

In this case, EQ in foobar is way better IMO.

The DAC delay problem was yet to be fixed or I just set it up wrongly?

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #17,967 of 18,652
Use ASIO/KSP or WASAPI, set to 44.1KHz sample rate and increade buffer size if needed - no delay problems. Though, all apps don`t support required settings/plugins/audio drivers to get rid of delay. But setting 44.1KHz sample rate should resolve delay problems in most cases.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #17,970 of 18,652
Use ASIO/KSP or WASAPI, set to 44.1KHz sample rate and increade buffer size if needed - no delay problems. Though, all apps don`t support required settings/plugins/audio drivers to get rid of delay. But setting 44.1KHz sample rate should resolve delay problems in most cases.

but I still can't put this in such way I used to used as a all time DAC... Like the FiiO E7, no driver and delay whatsoever. but I'll try your setting. Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back