The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 4, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #17,911 of 18,652
Pure software? I think i missed the post somewhere...i have to backtrack. Or do you have a direct link, per chance?
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #17,912 of 18,652
  Pure software? I think i missed the post somewhere...i have to backtrack. Or do you have a direct link, per chance?
biggrin.gif

Pure sound, Someone recommended it to me a fair few pages back. It's on the front page under updates as well if I'm not mistaken. Opens up the soundstage slightly for me, makes everything sound more natural. 

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #17,913 of 18,652
  Pure sound, Someone recommended it to me a fair few pages back. It's on the front page under updates as well if I'm not mistaken. Opens up the soundstage slightly for me, makes everything sound more natural. 

If you don't really know it, why are you sending people on a wild goose chase? You even have claimed in one of your posts that you bricked the DX50 with SU 1.3.3, which is an impossible thing to do. The DX50 cannot be bricked with a firmware update at all.

The only custom firmware with "sound" in its title would be one of DOC's variations or SU.

Cheers.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #17,915 of 18,652
If you don't really know it, why are you sending people on a wild goose chase? You even have claimed in one of your posts that you bricked the DX50 with SU 1.3.3, which is an impossible thing to do. The DX50 cannot be bricked with a firmware update at all.

The only custom firmware with "sound" in its title would be one of DOC's variations or SU.

Cheers.
A custom firmware by the name of pure sound exists. A simple google search on the name I gave would provide you with multiple relavant hits. I replied him because no one else who might be more knowledgeable was, and this is a forum to help like minded enthusiasts, not shoot someone down for trying to be helpful. The dx50 is known to be glitchy with its software at best, and a simple refresh would solve any problems one had with downloading custom software. If you're not one to help him out when he posted his question, maybe you shouldn't be critiquing the person who does. Cheers.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #17,920 of 18,652
  Is there any different sound quality if I use Samsung S3 battery?

Some have reported a little difference in sound. I have had emails from some users that preferred the Japanese manufactured Samsung but it is very hard to find now.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 18, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #17,924 of 18,652
  The Samsung battery does sound differently, a little more impact

That was a good one.
biggrin.gif
It also depends on which day of the week you use the battery. On a monday it usually sounds a bit muffled and depressed,
but on a friday with the weekend in sight, man, this thing shines and the treble gets extended even further.

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #17,925 of 18,652
  The Samsung battery does sound differently, a little more impact

That was a good one.
biggrin.gif
It also depends on which day of the week you use the battery. On a monday it usually sounds a bit muffled and depressed,
but on a friday with the weekend in sight, man, this thing shines and the treble gets extended even further.

hahahaha that's never miss. Only in Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back