The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 14, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #17,807 of 18,652
I installed it on my DX50 this morning, quite a serious bug in it. When I play a track then try to skip to another, the DX50 restarts itself and goes back to the song that was playing just before I did the firmware install. Anyone else having this issue ? I've re-install 1.9.3

I have encounteered it to. But since the font doesn't display my song name correctly so I don't bother finding a fix. But for every error tried factory reset first :)

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #17,808 of 18,652
I have encounteered it to. But since the font doesn't display my song name correctly so I don't bother finding a fix. But for every error tried factory reset first
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for that. To be honest I didn't try a factory reset, I was in work and wanted something to listen to 
beyersmile.png
 I'll try installing it again this evening at home and try to do a factory reset to see if it makes any difference.

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #17,810 of 18,652
Yes, loving the sound of the new DOC firmware but after one track, the device is rebooting... Let's hope for a revision! For people that is working well do it play gapless?

I am on True Sound V1 and with Gapless turned on, there are indeed issues with rebooting. Never use DX50 with Gapless turned on usually but something needs fixing here. With Gapless turned off it works fine.

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #17,811 of 18,652
I am playing with Gapless turn off. I am back on the 1.9.3 right now to test on the Playlist issue so cannot test on the gapless on.

currently cannot play playlist with structured folders, for example if I put files into something like music/album 1/, music/album 2 and create a playlist on the root folder pointing to the files, DX50 cannot load the playlist, anyone having same issue? Tried with Doc2008 V2 and 1.9.3, both do not work.

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #17,812 of 18,652
I cannot uninstall Doc Mega Sound Explosion. HELP!! I tried factory reset through advance setting and wipe/factory reset through cwm option
Whatever and whenever i try to install a new fw it always loop to the cwm recovery below. Appreciate your help and advise guys

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #17,813 of 18,652
Use RKBatchTool.

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #17,814 of 18,652
Revert CWM to stock recovery
  • download stock recovery
  • copy the zip file to the root of the internal drive of your DX50 (or where you usually put cwm-zips)
  • Reboot to cwm: Power off the device, then power it on with holding vol+
  • Flash stock recovery in cwm:
    install zip from sdcard / choose zip from sdcard.
After reboot just install FW like you normally do.

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #17,816 of 18,652
ph0n6 it's alive!! Thanks a lot bro, very much appreciated. Now it's istalled with 1.9.3 but have not tried to listen to it yet. Does DOC's FWs always do that? I am wanting to try DOC2008 eventually.Thanks aga8n :D

Not every single one. Those with cwm are for people who want to dual boot his fw with rockbox. If you go to his topic most of his FW which doesn't play all format will have a FW embedded with rockbox launcher, and even so most of them don't use cwm anymore I think (at least in the main rockbox thread they don't).
Tl;dr: Most recent FW don't use cwm anymore.

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #17,817 of 18,652
  Thanks for that. To be honest I didn't try a factory reset, I was in work and wanted something to listen to 
beyersmile.png
 I'll try installing it again this evening at home and try to do a factory reset to see if it makes any difference.

I re=installed the new DOC firmware last night, turning off gapless playback fixed the re-boot issue. Not sure If I prefer it over 1.9.3. it does seem warmer, but to me, there's a wooliness to the overall presentation, think I'll go back to the stock FW.

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #17,818 of 18,652
If I have Rockbox installed on my DX50, does the USB OTG work with a USB Dac? Or is it just for storage/charing?

Thanks!

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #17,819 of 18,652
I know that (apparently, given that it's all anyone talks about in this thread) that I should just pop a 3rd party firmware, but I've been holding out for a few simple "fixes" to the otherwise-pretty-good stock FW. The main glaring issue is that the scrolling ballistics are beyond terrible. My old Android 1.6 (!) Archos 5 had better scroll feel than the DX50 by a long shot, and that's saying something. Is this ever going to get fixed?

I don't want to have to monkey around with the software to get scrolling lists that don't make me embarrassed when someone else uses my DAP. I was going to write that is would be okay for, say, a bottom-of-the-barrel $30 mp3 player--but honestly it would STILL be unacceptably bad. It's that much worse that we're talking about a $200+ device. If the cheapest, crappiest modern cell phone can effortlessly manage smoothly-decelerating scrolling, so should the DX50.

Paul?

(P.S. In the "3 wishes" thread, there was talk of a UI tweak that would allow for a track number, e.g. 2/12 for the second track in a 12-track album. Any word on this?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back