The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 27, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #17,626 of 18,652
Hi guys, the headphone port on my dx50 seems to have come a little loose and therefore the sound seems to be cutting out every now and then. Is there something I can do? I've had the player 1 day over the year as luck would have it
frown.gif
so warranty repair would be out of the question.

HI there

I have replaced the heaphone socket on my DX-50. It is a pretty straightforward soldering job with the PCB removed. You can ask Ibasso to send you replacement Headphone socket, they are pretty cool regarding customer service in my experience.

If you  are not confident doing it youtrself (and don't know anyone who would do it confidently) then you will probably have to send it back to Ibasso

Send them an email explaining the situation and the fact it is only a day over warranty. They might well still honour the warranty.

Good luck with it.

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #17,627 of 18,652
Hi all,

Thinking of joining the dx50 train

I did originally get one of the first batch but became fed up of being a tester. Had numerous issues with card hangs and freezes etc. Special characters and what not

Despite tidying up my files in mp3 tag i still had issues

Have these issues been fixed and is gapless playback all ok?

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #17,628 of 18,652
  I'm going to suggest the same thing that was suggested to me only a few posts up. Restore factory defaults in the advanced settings. I took out my memory card before doing this to be safe and then resynced the card after the fact. cleared up my problems in under 5 mins. 

Yaksha25,

Thank you! 
Did you have any music stored on the DX50 internal memory? Has the reset affected it?

Will post my impressions afterwards :)

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #17,629 of 18,652
Hi guys, the headphone port on my dx50 seems to have come a little loose and therefore the sound seems to be cutting out every now and then. Is there something I can do? I've had the player 1 day over the year as luck would have it :frowning2: so warranty repair would be out of the question.

I'm on my third dx50 all with this issue. My current one has it and I'm using the line out. Just contact ibasso, they will help you out, they repaired my previous one for free even though it was out of warranty.

Once the line out breaks, ill be doing that. Imo the ports are pretty poor quality had never happened with any other dap I've had.

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #17,630 of 18,652
It`s the cold smd soldering that is the problem not bad socket quality. Imo it is quite easy fix, just screw open back cover and resolder socket pins. You don`t even have to remove PCB or warranty sticker for that. And getting replacement socket is also easy: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gold-Plated-3-5mm-Stereo-Socket-Jack-Right-Angle-Plug-Audio-Connector-Panel-PCB-/321123346521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ac4716859

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #17,631 of 18,652
Dear all,

I am still having problem with gapless playback, even after reset and rescanning.
Any other method to overcome this problem?

DX50 V1.9.2

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #17,632 of 18,652
Just to be sure - did You do scan SD card or rescan library? These are different functions and usually factory reset + deleting img file and previously created folders in internal memory and SD card + rescan library helps.

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #17,633 of 18,652
It`s the cold smd soldering that is the problem not bad socket quality. Imo it is quite easy fix, just screw open back cover and resolder socket pins. You don`t even have to remove PCB or warranty sticker for that. And getting replacement socket is also easy: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gold-Plated-3-5mm-Stereo-Socket-Jack-Right-Angle-Plug-Audio-Connector-Panel-PCB-/321123346521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ac4716859

Thanks, might open it up this weekend and have a look. If only I knew where I put the soldering iron, haven't used that thing in years.

Jul 28, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #17,635 of 18,652

I purchased an iBasso DX50 back in November 2013 from iBasso, all has been fine with until August 2014 where I found the phone out socket was loose so my headphones would come out easily. This was sent to iBasso and they fixed the problem.  

Recently I have noticed the phone out socket feels loose from the board so when I am listening to music while the player is in my pocket and I am walking, the sound keeps cutting out, however if the player is left idle then it the sound does not cut out. Occasionally I have to move the head

Do you know if this can be repaired or replaced? I don’t mind sending this back to iBasso and paying for shipping costs but not too keen on paying for repairs as this should not happen on a device which is less than two years old.

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #17,636 of 18,652
I'm on my third dx50 all with this issue. My current one has it and I'm using the line out. Just contact ibasso, they will help you out, they repaired my previous one for free even though it was out of warranty.

Once the line out breaks, ill be doing that. Imo the ports are pretty poor quality had never happened with any other dap I've had.

How quick was the turn around on the repair? My player just came down with this issue over the weekend :/

Line out is a nice temporary fix (thanks for the tip!) but I think I need to charge up my little Fiio e06 to make up the difference :/

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #17,637 of 18,652
  Just to be sure - did You do scan SD card or rescan library? These are different functions and usually factory reset + deleting img file and previously created folders in internal memory and SD card + rescan library helps.

CoiL,

Yes, I have done so. 
I have deleted all the folders on both SD card and internal memory, then I made a factory reset, then I chose rescan library. No effect.

What I have noticed is that there is a problem with the previous track cut-off when pausing track and choosing another one only (!) if the "Gapless" is on. When I turn this function off I don't experience the latter problem.

Edit: I have contacted iBasso regarding problems with gapless playback I was advised to upgrade to V1.9.3

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have recently bought a DX50 from UK Amazon.
Overall, I am very happy with the product, but there is some problem that bothers me - problem with gapless playback. 
When listening to continuous music, like opera, I experience 3-4 seconds of delay between tracks in Gapless setting set to both On and Off.

I have a V1.9.2 firmware and was advised to reset settings and rescan the library by Head Fi community. However this did not solve my problem.

Another minor problem happens when I pause Track 1 and start playing Track 2 from another album (Gapless is set to On) - in this case I hear a tiny bit of Track 1 ending BEFORE Track 2 starts to play. It does not occur when Gapless is set to Off however.

Could you please tell me if there is any method to utilize the gapless playback and get rid of annoying "post-playing"?

Kind regards
  Hi,
Thank you for your email.
Please update your firmware to V1.9.3.  The gapless problem is addressed on V1.9.3

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Do V1.9.2 and V1.9.3 differ sonically?
I am sorry to ask a question that might has already been asked, but I feel a bit terrified to look for the answer through the hundreds of pages..

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #17,638 of 18,652
  Dear all,

I am still having problem with gapless playback, even after reset and rescanning.
Any other method to overcome this problem?

DX50 V1.9.2

Please try the latest FW.

Thanks guys - i'm not too confident with opening things up and soldering and such so i've contacted iBasso - i'll see what they say.  

We can get this repaired and right back to you.

I purchased an iBasso DX50 back in November 2013 from iBasso, all has been fine with until August 2014 where I found the phone out socket was loose so my headphones would come out easily. This was sent to iBasso and they fixed the problem.  

Recently I have noticed the phone out socket feels loose from the board so when I am listening to music while the player is in my pocket and I am walking, the sound keeps cutting out, however if the player is left idle then it the sound does not cut out. Occasionally I have to move the head

Do you know if this can be repaired or replaced? I don’t mind sending this back to iBasso and paying for shipping costs but not too keen on paying for repairs as this should not happen on a device which is less than two years old.

We will repair this and get it right back to you. There won't be any repair costs other than shipping.
How quick was the turn around on the repair? My player just came down with this issue over the weekend :/

Line out is a nice temporary fix (thanks for the tip!) but I think I need to charge up my little Fiio e06 to make up the difference :/

Our turn around is very fast. Please put in the subject line socket repair needed and email servcie@ibasso.com for the address to send it to.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 28, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #17,639 of 18,652

The thing with the headphone out and the line out is that they chose a socket with three pins on one side and another pin on the other side. I had a similar experience with a line out loose socket and guess which pin was loose, the one that is alone. If you use the DX50 frequently it's a matter of time that it will get loose. Fortunately, as they already said, it's very easy to fix if that is the case. You only have to resolder the pin that is loose. No need to remove the PCB but be careful because there's not much space and it's easy to burn the plastic case.

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #17,640 of 18,652

I'm in Australia and it was about 2 weeks turnaround from memory. Really great service.

You are summing up the problem I've been getting word for word. Glad I'm not the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back