The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 29, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #17,641 of 18,652
  We will repair this and get it right back to you. There won't be any repair costs other than shipping.

Hi Paul, thanks for this, just to confirm do I have to pay for shipping once it has been repaired i.e. from China to UK (where I am based)?

The thing with the headphone out and the line out is that they chose a socket with three pins on one side and another pin on the other side. I had a similar experience with a line out loose socket and guess which pin was loose, the one that is alone. If you use the DX50 frequently it's a matter of time that it will get loose. Fortunately, as they already said, it's very easy to fix if that is the case. You only have to resolder the pin that is loose. No need to remove the PCB but be careful because there's not much space and it's easy to burn the plastic case.

Thanks! I am not too good with soldering so I'd rather send it back.

You are summing up the problem I've been getting word for word. Glad I'm not the only one.

I thought I was alone! If I have to keep fixing this every year I may have to look at buying another player.

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #17,643 of 18,652
Read through a good portion of the thread now, gapless playback seems fine and resooved. Any issues regarding special characters still?

Hopefully gapless is resolved. Just updated to 1.9.3 but did not have time to try it out. Will try it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #17,644 of 18,652
Read through a good portion of the thread now, gapless playback seems fine and resooved. Any issues regarding special characters still?

I know there is at least one remember having issues with playlists if that is what you are referring to.

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #17,645 of 18,652
My first issue dx50 had problems with symbols like....

@ & ! " '

If they were in the title or artist. Spent forever cleansing tags and gave up in the end

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #17,646 of 18,652

Well, on the first ten tracks of a gapless album (AVB ASOT 2015), it ate the ending of four tracks.  It's happening within the last two seconds.  It just skips into the next track.  This was with ALAC with embedded album art (500x500).

Will put the same album in FLAC without embedded art (Folder.jpg).  I'll see what happens.

Media scan was done as well as gapless being checked.  Album on internal storage.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #17,647 of 18,652
Thanks for the feedback

I assume the album (a state of trance?) Is natively produced as a gapless dj mix album? If so this is very useful as 95% of my music are gapless dj mix's

Thanks again

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #17,648 of 18,652
Thanks for the feedback

I assume the album (a state of trance?) Is natively produced as a gapless dj mix album? If so this is very useful as 95% of my music are gapless dj mix's

Thanks again

Indeed.  I am a big house & trance fan (AVB, Markus Schulz, James Holden, Danny Tenaglia, Tiesto, Ferry, Seaman, Cosmic Gate, Andy Moor, John '00' Fleming etc.).  I also listen to other genres as well and have many gapless CD rips.

Well, with FLAC (no embedded album art) the DX50 got hungry as well and ate the last two seconds of five tracks on the album while skipping onto the following track.

So, I will revert the DX50 back to single tracks on shuffle.

I see from your sig that you own the X1.  I also own the X1 and it does gapless flawless no matter what I throw at it.  Just like my iDevices and Sansas (rockboxed or stock).

I really like the DX50 though.  I love the sexy and engaging sound and flexibility (line out and coax out) and its amp section is good with my full size cans.

Cheers!!!

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #17,649 of 18,652

Indeed.  I am a big house & trance fan (AVB, Markus Schulz, James Holden, Danny Tenaglia, Tiesto, Ferry, Seaman, Cosmic Gate, Andy Moor, John '00' Fleming etc.).  I also listen to other genres as well and have many gapless CD rips.

Well, with FLAC (no embedded album art) the DX50 got hungry as well and ate the last two seconds of five tracks on the album while skipping onto the following track.

So, I will revert the DX50 back to single tracks on shuffle.

Cheers!!!

Well if you are truly dying for gapless then Rockox might do the tricks :)

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #17,650 of 18,652

LOL!!! 
beerchug.gif
  I hear ya ph0n6.  But c'mon now.  If we pay $200+ beans for a DAP that even included a gapless setting, why should we have to rockbox it to get gapless playback where many stock players do it natively.

I have collected many DAPs through the years and have various ones rockboxed.  I did not RB them to get gapless playback.  They did gapless flawless in stock configuration.  I RB'ed for the other features.

I love the DX50 and think it's a great DAP for its sound and versatility but the gapless issue is ongoing with all these firmware updates and never fixed.  Many people listen to live albums as well which also gapless is a must.  I guess priorities are on DSD on the DX50.

This is all said with love, coz I'm an iBasso fan and the DX50 is not my only iBasso device and am about to pull the trigger on the D14.

Cheers!!!

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #17,651 of 18,652
@heatfan12...

Thanks again for the info and testing, shame it doesn't seem to work correctly as I'm tempted to give a dx50 a second go. However with my music collection as is i can't help but feel the gapless limitation will somewhat dampen the listening experience

Need to update my signature, the x1 has long gone

Jul 30, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #17,652 of 18,652
  Dear all,

I am still having problem with gapless playback, even after reset and rescanning.
Any other method to overcome this problem?

DX50 V1.9.2

Please try the latest FW.

Paul - iBasso,

I have upgraded to V1.9.3, but the problem remains the same.

The tracks are in MP3, on a SD card. Tracks are converted using Fubar from a CUE sheet. 
Maybe I should try using an original CUE sheet? Should it give different results? 

Has anyone had the same issue?

Jul 30, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #17,653 of 18,652
Haven`t tried original cue sheet with mp3 files but with flac it works if using single file rip. With separated tracks haven`t tried newest firmware yet (I`m using SU 1.3.3 FW).

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #17,654 of 18,652

LOL!!!  :beerchug:   I hear ya ph0n6.  But c'mon now.  If we pay $200+ beans for a DAP that even included a gapless setting, why should we have to rockbox it to get gapless playback where many stock players do it natively.

I have collected many DAPs through the years and have various ones rockboxed.  I did not RB them to get gapless playback.  They did gapless flawless in stock configuration.  I RB'ed for the other features.

I love the DX50 and think it's a great DAP for its sound and versatility but the gapless issue is ongoing with all these firmware updates and never fixed.  Many people listen to live albums as well which also gapless is a must.  I guess priorities are on DSD on the DX50.

This is all said with love, coz I'm an iBasso fan and the DX50 is not my only iBasso device and am about to pull the trigger on the D14.

Cheers!!!

I too was about to get myself a D14, but the fact that gapless STILL doesn't work is a dealbreaker.

Rockbox isn't the answer, as I want to be able to play my HD files on the move.

Frankly, I wish I'd just got myself an iPod Touch - this will work perfectly with the D14 and give actual gapless replay (and play HD FLAC files with a suitable app).

The forbidden fruit beckons (once again)...

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #17,655 of 18,652
As I said before, if Shinrico can get gapless to work perfectly, why is this beyond iBasso?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back