The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 24, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #16,891 of 18,652
Is it possible to add replaygain functionality to mango?

+1 to this.

I can't believe I have to take out my DX50 from my pocket or slip my finger through the tight pants/bag just to reduce the volume because it's too loud when playing EDM :frowning2:
that moment when you have to do so much hassle because you have eric clapton's unplugged deluxe edition and monstercat on the same playlist :frowning2:

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #16,893 of 18,652

Is it possible to add replaygain functionality to mango?

+1 to this.

I can't believe I have to take out my DX50 from my pocket or slip my finger through the tight pants/bag just to reduce the volume because it's too loud when playing EDM :frowning2:
that moment when you have to do so much hassle because you have eric clapton's unplugged deluxe edition and monstercat on the same playlist :frowning2:

Have you tried Rockbox? The only thing that keeps me from using Mango is lack of replaygain and that choppy album art. I can't even tell what the album art is with some albums.

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #16,894 of 18,652
  guys, just want to ask how long is the DX50 playtime on flac files?? i can't seem to find a definite answer to this. i hope you can help me.. TIA. :)

most(80%) of my files are flac (the rest are a mix of wav, mp3) and i am getting 10~11 hours with volume at 150 on low gain.
bear in mind that this is from a dx50 charged weekly for 1 year and 8 months.

can't remember what was it like in the beginning. ~12hr?

Apr 25, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #16,895 of 18,652
~14h as new unit (new battery). I did tests some time ago (search this thread) and got ~14h30m with aftermarket battery @ mid gain, vol ~186 if I remember correctly. FLAC files only and screen brightness 50 (most of the time I wasn`t using touchscreen..

Apr 25, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #16,896 of 18,652
I don't time mine really but I can tell you the jump to DX90 is quite noticeable with less battery life. The higher model iBasso unit eats up a lot of power. DX50 is quite decent in comparison.

Apr 25, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #16,897 of 18,652

most(80%) of my files are flac (the rest are a mix of wav, mp3) and i am getting 10~11 hours with volume at 150 on low gain.
bear in mind that this is from a dx50 charged weekly for 1 year and 8 months.

can't remember what was it like in the beginning. ~12hr?

agreed with illusioned,

besides you can always get a spare battery for DX50/DX90, since it uses Sams*ng S3 battery which is quite easy to find.

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #16,898 of 18,652
Hi guys... I tried to read to all this but I didn't found any "clear solution" about it. 
Internal storage is working but my SD isn't working well: files didn't appear, it's lagging.
I tried fat32, scanned the library few times but w/o success, 
Did I forgot to try something else?

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #16,901 of 18,652
Wait, did the problem occurred with otg adapter only or also when You inserted it in DX50 mSD slot? 

I have same problem with 2 different OTG adapters with my 64GB mSD card but when using in DX50 mSD card slot, works fine.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #16,903 of 18,652
No. I didn`t do anything to my files. 1st card is 64GB exFAT and second card 64GB FAT32. Both work without problems with DX50 mSD slot but don`t work with OTG adapters.

Files show up when I use both cards via OTG adapter and I can even start playing a song but as soon as I start to change song or change artist/album, everything disappears.
Haven`t figured out yet what is causing the problem. Any ideas anyone? Rescan library doesn`t help.

Apr 26, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #16,904 of 18,652
  Both arn't working.
How did you format the card?Fat32?
Do you do something special with your files? 

Have you done a factory reset under the advanced settings menu?
  No. I didn`t do anything to my files. 1st card is 64GB exFAT and second card 64GB FAT32. Both work without problems with DX50 mSD slot but don`t work with OTG adapters.

Files show up when I use both cards via OTG adapter and I can even start playing a song but as soon as I start to change song or change artist/album, everything disappears.
Haven`t figured out yet what is causing the problem. Any ideas anyone? Rescan library doesn`t help.

What OTG adapter are you using? I have read of the Meenova working correctly. I tried it and it does work but have not tried others.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 26, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #16,905 of 18,652
Question to iBasso: Is there a plan to add any file management features in future firmware releases?
Use case: I copy a few new folders of MP3 or FLAC files. I listen to them and wish to delete the folders or individual files within folders. What would be nice is a sub-menu or an "x" next to the folder name that would delete the file or folder. Copying and moving would be nice as well, but delete is the feature I need most. If there's no plan to put this in the stock firmware, is there support for file management in any of the modded versions? 

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back