The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 2, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #15,991 of 18,652
  Well, I contacted iBasso about the headphone out buzzing problem, and even though it is out of warranty now, they said they would repair it free of cost long as I pay for shipping because of a possible faulty HO jack.  From what I can see it will cost close to $100 to send to China, is it just me or am I dumb to just rather by another one if I have to pay that to send it back and be without the player for probably around a month+?

Where are you located? Cheapest option to have it sent through USPS is 12ish dollars. Took like 3 weeks to get there though.

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #15,992 of 18,652
  Where are you located? Cheapest option to have it sent through USPS is 12ish dollars. Took like 3 weeks to get there though.

Yea, that would really suck.  I will have a few more conversations with them, really dont want it taking a month there and back and no telling how long they will have it.  I only have a clip+ to fall back on and once you've heard the dx50, you can't just go back.

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #15,993 of 18,652
Jan 2, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #15,994 of 18,652
Just picked up a DX50. I noticed that while playing an album, after three or four songs, the playback stops. I have to pick up the unit and hit play again. It's happened with each album I've played so far.

Any reason why this is happening?

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #15,997 of 18,652
Did You do scan SD card AND rescan library after adding music? Also be sure You do safely remove from PC before disconnecting DX50.
And what SD card are You using? Are Your music files correctly tagged?

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #15,999 of 18,652

Yea, that would really suck.  I will have a few more conversations with them, really dont want it taking a month there and back and no telling how long they will have it.  I only have a clip+ to fall back on and once you've heard the dx50, you can't just go back.

Where did you buy it from? I got mine from their site before they went retail so I had to send it back to China. If you got it here in the states like from Amazon, you send it back here in the US office they have and they take care of it from there.

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #16,000 of 18,652
Hmm, have an Ibasso DX50.  Updated the firmware to 1.60 about a month back.  I now notice that tracks that are on it can 'skip' a bit in certain sections.  Oddly, the flac originals on the desktop don't do this and the flacs have been copied over to the Ibasso.  They also don't skip always at the same spot for the same track (well, outside of just trying over and over on the same track in which case it will).

So, best advice is to....downgrade to 1.50?  I love the player, I just wish these issues hadn't cropped up.

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #16,001 of 18,652
I doubt downgrade to 1.5 helps, some users have same problem with it too. I don`t know what is wrong with Your players but I have not experienced such issues for once.
Only one flac didn`t play but it was fault in tag metadata, needed reripping or retagging. I`m still thinking it is related somehow to SD card. So far most users having this problem have Sandisk cards and there are some reports this issue gone after getting different card.

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #16,002 of 18,652
will the dx 50 pick its own playing format or do you select it manually???
i mean if its a flac it will play to the best setting,no????  24/96  etc..
also what do you think of the grado 80s with the ibasso 50?????
I am on a budget and dont want any in ear plugs..
thanks

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #16,003 of 18,652
  I doubt downgrade to 1.5 helps, some users have same problem with it too. I don`t know what is wrong with Your players but I have not experienced such issues for once.
Only one flac didn`t play but it was fault in tag metadata, needed reripping or retagging. I`m still thinking it is related somehow to SD card. So far most users having this problem have Sandisk cards and there are some reports this issue gone after getting different card.

Well it is indeed a Sandisk card; a class 10 so as good as I can get (from them).  Maybe try a Samsung next.  Its not a problem.....most of the time.  I had never noticed before though pre 'upgrading' to the 1.60 firmware.

I also notice that 'gapless' if more 'very small gap' depending on the track/time of day.  A track that is supposed to blend seamlessly on cd can do it on the player but occasionally it will have just enough of a gap to really ruin the blend.  Now if you go back to the previous track and do it again, the problem goes away but by then its too late.

It surprises me in this day and age that playing a flac file on an sd card can be so tempermental vs say your old Discman cd which would do all this stuff flawlessly.

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #16,004 of 18,652
After upgrading, did You delete .album_img folder and update.img file from internal memory along with everything else in internal memory? You should totally wipe internal memory and do factory reset after it (with SD card removed). Plus, did You delete .audio_data folder (before doing rescan) from SD card after facotry reset and rescan it + rescan library? 

So far I have always done those steps after updating FW and never had any issues. 

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #16,005 of 18,652
  After upgrading, did You delete .album_img folder and update.img file from internal memory along with everything else in internal memory? You should totally wipe internal memory and do factory reset after it (with SD card removed). Plus, did You delete .audio_data folder (before doing rescan) from SD card after facotry reset and rescan it + rescan library? 

So far I have always done those steps after updating FW and never had any issues. 

Hey Coil, do you know where I can get the official rkbatchtool from iBasso? The link in the Rockbox thread doesn't work anymore and I can't find it on their website. I'm having trouble switching from medmitry's Rockbox to SU 1.4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back