The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #15,978 of 18,652
  WeirdGKraziEarss please be careful  while using suex it's not stable, there is a problem with uninstalling this fw. if you have any you should use RKBatch tool.

I've installed and scanned library and let it run overnight.  I'm now at work and having no issues thus far. No freezing or background noise experienced, only a wider soundstage.  I'll keep the Batch tool in mind, but so far so good. Good work

Happy Listening

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #15,979 of 18,652
Yes SUEX is not stable at all ! I had to use RKBatch Tool and to proceed as for Rockbox installation to flash 1.5 fw with cmw recovery, then use cmw to flash official 1.5 fw and SU1.3.3 to finish installation. A long afternoon of fear, I allready bricked some Android phones but they were old without any value...

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #15,980 of 18,652
As much as I know (and Dmitry told me) then DX50 is quite hard to brick due to rockchip. You may have some problems switching between FW`s but nothing hard to overcome.

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #15,981 of 18,652
Well, I contacted iBasso about the headphone out buzzing problem, and even though it is out of warranty now, they said they would repair it free of cost long as I pay for shipping because of a possible faulty HO jack.  From what I can see it will cost close to $100 to send to China, is it just me or am I dumb to just rather by another one if I have to pay that to send it back and be without the player for probably around a month+?

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #15,982 of 18,652
Well, I contacted iBasso about the headphone out buzzing problem, and even though it is out of warranty now, they said they would repair it free of cost long as I pay for shipping because of a possible faulty HO jack.  From what I can see it will cost close to $100 to send to China, is it just me or am I dumb to just rather by another one if I have to pay that to send it back and be without the player for probably around a month+?

What is it doing? You mention buzzing but is it cutting out when you move the jack?

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #15,983 of 18,652
What is it doing? You mention buzzing but is it cutting out when you move the jack?

No, it's random buzzing.  Sometimes if I turn it off and back on it will fix the problem. The LO has zero noise in it.  I'm trying different firmwares so hoping that may alleviate the problem. If it's not constant I figure it's a software problem vs a hardware one.

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #15,984 of 18,652
  WeirdGKraziEarss please be careful  while using suex it's not stable, there is a problem with uninstalling this fw. if you have any you should use RKBatch tool.

Thanks Dmitry.  I haven't touched my DX50 in a while.  Can I still get away with copying the update.img file over to my DX50 and then choose the update option, or should I use the RKBatch Tool to perform the update?

Yes SUEX is not stable at all ! I had to use RKBatch Tool and to proceed as for Rockbox installation to flash 1.5 fw with cmw recovery, then use cmw to flash official 1.5 fw and SU1.3.3 to finish installation. A long afternoon of fear, I allready bricked some Android phones but they were old without any value...

What do you mean by SUEX is not stable at all?  What issues are you experiencing?  I haven't touched Rockbox yet, and I don't intend to mess with it, unless there are any benefits to doing so.  Am I missing anything by not using Rockbox?

BTW, I doubt you bricked your Android phones permanently.  Based on my experience, it's nearly impossible to brick an Android device.  If you did, it's because one of the hardware buttons on the device is broken.  I've used several different Android devices, and have yet to brick any of them.

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #15,985 of 18,652
  Thanks Dmitry.  I haven't touched my DX50 in a while.  Can I still get away with copying the update.img file over to my DX50 and then choose the update option, or should I use the RKBatch Tool to perform the update?

Yep, you can use standard installation process but the problem can appear if you try to uninstall fw.

What do you mean by SUEX is not stable at all?  What issues are you experiencing?  

It's not for "daily use" because it based on original 1.2.2 firmware and includes old firmware bugs. This fw is experimental and  you should use it only if you wanna check new SQ :)

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #15,986 of 18,652
  Yep, you can use standard installation process but the problem can appear if you try to uninstall fw.

It's not for "daily use" because it based on original 1.2.2 firmware and includes old firmware bugs. This fw is experimental and  you should use it only if you wanna check new SQ :)

Good to know.  I want to check out the SQ, but I also plan to use my DX50 a lot more this year.  I think I'll give SU 1.4.0 a try instead.  Any chance you'll be releasing a new stable version of SU in the next little while?

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #15,988 of 18,652
  Nope. I have no time and have a new toy(AP100) :)

How do you like that compared to the DX50?  I was taking a look at that last night, and noticed it got some really good reviews.

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #15,989 of 18,652
I was comparing the two, before I got the dx50, and it seems to be a bit more powerful but also as neautral from my understanding.  It's quite tempting but does come with a higher price tag.  I was so torn.  Still not a lot of fuss over it, so I wander how the two really compare in real time.

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #15,990 of 18,652
  I was comparing the two, before I got the dx50, and it seems to be a bit more powerful but also as neautral from my understanding.  It's quite tempting but does come with a higher price tag.  I was so torn.  Still not a lot of fuss over it, so I wander how the two really compare in real time.

If you're referring to the AP100, I noticed MP4Nation has it on sale right now for roughly the same price as the DX50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back