The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 29, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #15,918 of 18,652
Thanks for the tagging suggestions. I think I know what it is now...I connected an external HD with those artists on there, but disconnected it and relied on internal storage only. The player thought they were still available... I rescanned the library and everything is good now.

Thanks for your help...I will check out those tagging programs as I need to standardize everything anyway.

Cheers!

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #15,921 of 18,652
Hey Guys, New to the Head-Fi forums, first post here. So my 30GB iPod crapper out on me after milking her out for about 8 years. So I went looking for an alternate and settled on a DX50 for now, until I get my head around all the info on this website. Can be a little overwhelming! Good price range for me right now. Any ways.....my question is, can you move freely back and forth amongst the firmware releases? I'm currently at 1.5.0. Can I go backwards if I want to say 1.2.2 and then come back to 1.5.0 or up to 1.6.0? or try out some of the MOD'd firmwares? Thanks!

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #15,922 of 18,652
Hey Guys, New to the Head-Fi forums, first post here. So my 30GB iPod crapper out on me after milking her out for about 8 years. So I went looking for an alternate and settled on a DX50 for now, until I get my head around all the info on this website. Can be a little overwhelming! Good price range for me right now. Any ways.....my question is, can you move freely back and forth amongst the firmware releases? I'm currently at 1.5.0. Can I go backwards if I want to say 1.2.2 and then come back to 1.5.0 or up to 1.6.0? or try out some of the MOD'd firmwares? Thanks!

Yes you can simply flash the firmware with ease.

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #15,924 of 18,652
What format source files are You mainly using? Do You care about gapless? Neutral sound signature lover?

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #15,925 of 18,652
I'm using FLAC on my DX50. I've just recently started obtaining HD tracks. Most of my collection is MP3's in iTunes. I don't need gapless playback. I really don't know what sound signature I prefer. I know what I like! My ear leans toward picking out the drum beats and thumping bass drum. (X-drummer) And bass guitar. But I don't like wobbly fluttery bass like in rap music. Big John Bonham Led Zeppelin fan. Love me some good Blues! I really don't know what you'd call that, this is all so new to me. Thanks!

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #15,926 of 18,652
Then try Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 @ FLAC-only mode/ iir off/ cpu default -> https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked/blob/master/releases/dx50_sound_unlocked_1.3.3.7z?raw=true
  Sound Unlocked has "Hidden" bootup menu. To access it You must:

1) Turn OFF DX50 
2) Slide HOLD button to ON/LOCKED position
3) Turn ON DX50 while hold button is still ON/LOCKED position
4) You will lauch into bootup menu where You can select different settings. Choose what You prefer.
    I recommend to start with FLAC/irr off/cpu default (for large airy soundstage) or FLAC/irr on/cpu 312 (for more intimate/foward soundstage)
5) Slide hold button to OFF position and player will return into UI using settings You selected. They will stay regardless restart/turn on-off until You change them.

Or New DOC`s favourite firmware final: http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=139417&page=103&p=1521785&viewfull=1#post1521785

If You need more kick out of percussion and bass, then Sound Unlocked 1.2.2 "experimental" is probably way to go.
If this is still not enough then next step would be upgrading HO capacitors or getting external portable amp.

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #15,927 of 18,652
Thanks for the help & direction CoiL. I'll be looking into all of that. It's nice to know you can try out different firmware and still return to stock. I assume it's the same with Rockbox? Taking it for a test run and returning to stock I mean.

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #15,928 of 18,652
Thanks for the help & direction CoiL. I'll be looking into all of that. It's nice to know you can try out different firmware and still return to stock. I assume it's the same with Rockbox? Taking it for a test run and returning to stock I mean.

Rockbox isn't quite as simple, but it isn't too difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back