The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 29, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #15,616 of 18,652
Re. Cowon - I find the touch screen fine and scrolling through lists no problem at all. I had a Cowon J3 and X7 with the same sound signature and Jeteffects as the Z2 - The DX50 is a more natural, less processed sound. I adored Cowon at the time, but the DX50 beats it for sound. It also has dedicated line and headphone outs with different gain levels. Other than the Plenue which is 5x the price of the DX50 I don't see Cowon keeping up. The DX50 is easy to use. The three gain switch helps ensure you can drive any headphones. It sounds so good with firmware 1.6 that the sound battle is over for me, at sound this good anything else is just tinkering and unnecessary. Now it is time to just focus on enjoying the music.

Nov 29, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #15,617 of 18,652
  Hi.

I finished of install the DAC driver 1.0 and I connect the DX50 in DAC mode.

However, it doesn't work, there is an exclamation in Mango device: Windows couldn't check the digital signature of the device driver.

I am using Windows 8,1.

How can I resolve the problem?

Thanks.

Are you absolutely sure you removed and uninstalled the old drivers and installed 1.0 drivers? The 1.0 drivers should not give back a signature error. At least not in windows 7. Windows 8 may be different but i'm not entirely sure.

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #15,618 of 18,652
  1. Clean Install:
Simply uninstall what you have installed, by right clicking and uninstall;
Then, go to iBasso website and get the USB -DAC Ver1.0;
Unzip the file, you will see x64, x32 and Setup.
click Setup and after finishing the installation, open Device Manager.

2. If Device Manager shows iBasso Mango Hifi Audio Device under Sound,Video and game controllers , good.

Then check if there is a field (like Sound,Video and Game Controllers) called Mango Device, right under Keyboards for my case;
if there isnt, go back to the extracted folder, and open either x64 or x32 depending on your OS;
then click the Setup WITHIN the x64 or x32.

This SHOULD work, as it is what I did. 
You know it works if you see Mango Device and if you click on Mango Device you see Mango USB Interface.

3. Plug in the DX50 in 1.6.0 FW in DAC mode, i used usb 3.0 and usb 2.0 ports, both work so that doesn't seem to be the issue.
Cheers!

repost so i can find this when i need it

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #15,619 of 18,652
I'd suggest a clean install,
there shouldnt be a signature problem because the ver1.0 is signed by Microsoft and doesnt require the step to skip verification.
my advice is to uninstall everything and reboot and start from scratch. I did it 3 to 4 times before succeeding

Hi.

I finished of install the DAC driver 1.0 and I connect the DX50 in DAC mode.

However, it doesn't work, there is an exclamation in Mango device: Windows couldn't check the digital signature of the device driver.

I am using Windows 8,1.

How can I resolve the problem?

Thanks.

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #15,620 of 18,652
Re. Cowon - I find the touch screen fine and scrolling through lists no problem at all. I had a Cowon J3 and X7 with the same sound signature and Jeteffects as the Z2 - The DX50 is a more natural, less processed sound. I adored Cowon at the time, but the DX50 beats it for sound. It also has dedicated line and headphone outs with different gain levels. Other than the Plenue which is 5x the price of the DX50 I don't see Cowon keeping up. The DX50 is easy to use. The three gain switch helps ensure you can drive any headphones. It sounds so good with firmware 1.6 that the sound battle is over for me, at sound this good anything else is just tinkering and unnecessary. Now it is time to just focus on enjoying the music.

What HP`s are You using and have You tried Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 or NDFFFinal? 
I still find latter ones superior to 1.6 in terms of SQ. They have less processed sound than official FW (unneeded software processing removed).

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #15,622 of 18,652
In response to the question, I'm using 1.6. I tried others of which I liked SU 1.3.3 best. Sound is a consideration of individual perception so no one version will suit everyone. I would always rather be on an official version if I can. The key thing for me is to get on with listening to the music at her than changing firmware.

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #15,623 of 18,652
I have had all of those players.  The X1 is far better in sound than the Fuze but has problems that caused me to send it back and get the DX50.  I had the Cowon J3 and later X7 (which I left on a plane, Doh!) and the DX50 is a natural step for you.  The sound is similar though more natural and less processed on the DX50.

The key is to upgrade to the 1.6 firmware which has wonderful sound quality.   This is available on the iBasso website.   As always take time to play with the settings and get used to the player.  It's fairly straight forward and easy to use.  The three position gain switch is wonderful and gets the best from your earphones to give them the boost necessary.

You will initially be tempted to have your sound with no EQ as this has a big gain boost.  However I find that too full a sound for long (though good on the line out) and got used to not being tempted into always having the EQ off.

Having had all those players if there is anything you want to check or ask 'how can I do that here' - feel free to ask and I'll be glad to help, as will others here.

Thank you. Now I definitely can't wait to get the DX50. :)

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #15,624 of 18,652
  ive been enjoying dm1try's new sound unlocked based off 1.6 a lot.i recommend giving it a try.

thanks for the update on the update, downloading now

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #15,626 of 18,652
tongue.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/720776/ibasso-dx50-mods/45#post_11087953

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #15,628 of 18,652
Nov 30, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #15,630 of 18,652
Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 and New DOC`s favourite firmware final

Edit: and did You do factory reset after deleting update.img from DX50 internal memory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back