The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 30, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #15,333 of 18,652

If you read the specifications for the DX50, you will see that it supports a micro-sd only. How on earth would a normal size SD card fit?

Before the new 128 gb microsd cards were released, some owners used a ribbon adapter/cable to expand memory using sd cards with higher capacity.

I remember seeing that too. It should work fine, but I would stick with a 128GB microSD if you can!

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #15,335 of 18,652
  Yep. And btw - I just got ASIO4ALL working! 
tongue.gif
 No BSOD anymore. The thing I had to do - launch ASIO4ALL with using Aune T1 and under ASIO4ALL control panel WDM Device list I had to disable iBasso input. Don`t know why it sets input ON by default. After that disable Aune T1 and use iBasso. It works now.

Also, setting iBasso @ 16/44 lost the lag between video and audio. Haven`t tried yet with HD DVD audio but movies seem ok. And KSP (Kernel Streaming Plugin) also works.

Edit:
Did some comparing between Aune T1 and iBasso as DAC while song playing and switching between devices at ASIO4ALL control panel using Fidelio X1. Actually I´m disappointed using iBasso as USB-DAC with cans. Aune T1 sound is by far better imho. With iBasso USB-DAC soundstage is much narrower, pushed fowards and more V-shaped. Also clarity, transparency and separation much better with T1. But this is with HO and I must test other Sound Unlocked settings also but I think it won`t help much. LO through speakers is good though. Same song, same quality (EAC FLAC copy, 16bit/44kHz, ~925kbps FLAC, Steven Wilson - Puncture Wound) but using iBasso as DAP sounds much better and very close to T1 through HO with Fidelio X1. Can someone comment why it`s so? SU eliminates all unneeded software processing and that`s why it sounds much better than iBasso as USB-DAC? Seems so.

So, in summary (at least with my Windows 7 x64 system):
1) Do not install USB-DAC driver with using iBasso provided installer or result might be immediate BSOD.
    Drivers need to be installed through device manager manually.
2) iBasso USB-DAC setup might be problematic with ASIO but once sorted out works ok. Soundwise, nothing special imho,     good sound but that`s it. Don`t bother to compare with onboard audio atm so can`t comment on that.
    KSP also works. 
3) For synchronized sound between audio and video You must set iBasso @ 16/44. Anything higher will cause very noticeable lag. Can be synchronized with playing software but I really don`t bother messing with that.

I have problems installing asio4all. it seemingly installs but after a minute there is this windows message that tells me it wasn't installed correctly... happened before too...

Oct 31, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #15,339 of 18,652
  I have problems installing asio4all. it seemingly installs but after a minute there is this windows message that tells me it wasn't installed correctly... happened before too...

Windows 7 x64 ? ASIO4ALL working fine on my system and installed without problems. Maybe it`s just windows "going crazy", test and try using ASIO4ALL anyway despite that message and see if it works.

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #15,342 of 18,652

Windows 7 x64 ? ASIO4ALL working fine on my system and installed without problems. Maybe it`s just windows "going crazy", test and try using ASIO4ALL anyway despite that message and see if it works.

thing is there is no ASIO4ALL when I try to find the program, only some instructions manual...

It starts only when it is selected with/from program output plugins. There is offline setting also but I don`t remember how to launch it. Never needed it. I use it with Cubase, Winamp, VLC and some other programs. Example screen:
http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/35/35c8322c_AuneT1_ASIOWAOPsettings.jpeg
  Does ASIO4ALL make the the DAC work without delay on the PC?

It can reduce delay depending on buffer length. Larger buffer can reduce delay and glitches when used only for playback. But in case of DX50 USB-DAC it didn`t reduce lag when song is started for example (~1sec start delay after click). With Aune T1 there is NO lag with nothing using ASIO4ALL. I guess it`s about iBasso software/drivers.

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #15,343 of 18,652
  What about this one? It isn't microSD http://www.dx.com/p/sandisk-128gb-ultra-200x-sdxc-flash-memory-card-30mb-s-852289257#.VFGBBPmsUVc

Currently using a 256 GB SD card on mine right now with the same SD to microSD ribbon. Still waiting for the silicone case to arrive and hide the ugly mess but no issues on stock or rockbox. About the track count limit, I'm not sure since I haven't really filled the 256gb. I just bought it because it was cheaper during a sale.

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #15,345 of 18,652
Dear all,

I'm looking for a good portable amplifier for my DX50. My setup is composed by DX 50 + Westone UM Pro 30 + Hifiman HE400 + Senn HD598. I've got a Matrix M-stage V2 as desktop amp with opa 627 and it sounds damn good (especially as clarity). 

Now to be honest I just want to buy some new stuff since it's a long time since my last upgrade and I'm seeking for something new but not expensive.

I was undecided between a new dap (like X1 - but I wasn't sure about it as my dx 50 it's perfect for my needs) and a portable amp (I'm more interested in this as I don't have any portable amp).

Now my concern is.. which one could be an improvement over the dx50 internal amp? I was thinking to buy an iBasso's portable amp from their site or from Mp4 nation or maybe a FiiO which can be bought also in my country (Italy) trough Amazon. 

Any suggestion? there's any dedicated thread?

Thank you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back