The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #15,317 of 18,652
Yep. And btw - I just got ASIO4ALL working! 
tongue.gif
 No BSOD anymore. The thing I had to do - launch ASIO4ALL with using Aune T1 and under ASIO4ALL control panel WDM Device list I had to disable iBasso input. Don`t know why it sets input ON by default. After that disable Aune T1 and use iBasso. It works now.

Also, setting iBasso @ 16/44 lost the lag between video and audio. Haven`t tried yet with HD DVD audio but movies seem ok. And KSP (Kernel Streaming Plugin) also works.

Edit:
Did some comparing between Aune T1 and iBasso as DAC while song playing and switching between devices at ASIO4ALL control panel using Fidelio X1. Actually I´m disappointed using iBasso as USB-DAC with cans. Aune T1 sound is by far better imho. With iBasso USB-DAC soundstage is much narrower, pushed fowards and more V-shaped. Also clarity, transparency and separation much better with T1. But this is with HO and I must test other Sound Unlocked settings also but I think it won`t help much. LO through speakers is good though. Same song, same quality (EAC FLAC copy, 16bit/44kHz, ~925kbps FLAC, Steven Wilson - Puncture Wound) but using iBasso as DAP sounds much better and very close to T1 through HO with Fidelio X1. Can someone comment why it`s so? SU eliminates all unneeded software processing and that`s why it sounds much better than iBasso as USB-DAC? Seems so.

So, in summary (at least with my Windows 7 x64 system):
1) Do not install USB-DAC driver with using iBasso provided installer or result might be immediate BSOD.
    Drivers need to be installed through device manager manually.
2) iBasso USB-DAC setup might be problematic with ASIO but once sorted out works ok. Soundwise, nothing special imho,     good sound but that`s it. Don`t bother to compare with onboard audio atm so can`t comment on that.
    KSP also works. 
3) For synchronized sound between audio and video You must set iBasso @ 16/44. Anything higher will cause very noticeable lag. Can be synchronized with playing software but I really don`t bother messing with that.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #15,319 of 18,652
I personally don`t bother to try because I know now what after first install to do with ASIO4ALL to get iBasso USB-DAC working - disable iBasso input while it is disabled. After that doesn`t need anymore to be set again and works ok.
It might help somebody else though. Thanks!

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #15,320 of 18,652
Hello guys! Im back with some bad news.

Recently I've been poisoned by local audiophile store's budget portable amp hype.

So for a little bit of a gamble, i pick up a fiio andes e07k to pair as amp to pair with dx50.

For my love sake, after some critical listening i noticed that the soudstage is considerably shrinked with almost equal level of separation and transparency. I feel so disappointed with my amp's performance and im planning to sell my e07k back(though the dac function is too damn good for the price).

I never realised how good internal amp inside dx50 until now.. But i've spent in some budget for m2m cable so im planning to invest on another budget amp..

Which budget amp you guys recommend that would at least better than dx50's internal amp? Thanks!

I've tried C5D as amp to pair with dx50 and ts fricking good.. But its out of budget.. Maybe an amp with similiar transparancy and soundstage without DAC function l?

Edit: wow these typos.. Its hard to type on phone

Edit2: tl dr bought e07k as amp for dx50, soundstage smaller than DX50 HO. Bought m2m still doesnt sounds good. Want to switch to other budget amp..

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #15,321 of 18,652
I've tried C5D as amp to pair with dx50 and ts fricking good.. But its out of budget.. Maybe an amp with similiar transparancy and soundstage without DAC function l?

Some suggestions from good to best (I own them all): JDS Labs CMoy (with LM4562 or JRC4556), Topping NX1, C&C BH, Trasam HA1 (with alternative op amp like OPA2111).
Trasam HA1 with LME49860 is highly commendable imo...

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #15,322 of 18,652
Trasam HA1 with LME49860 is highly commendable imo...

Where could I buy this (EU preferred) and what`s the difference with normal version? At this price made me interested!
400mW output @ 32Ohm seems very suitable for my Fidelio X1 also. How do You comment on soundstage? I wish large airy soundstage with decent depth towards front.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #15,323 of 18,652
Please help my find my perfect DAP! Let me sum up my requirments:
1) Neutral, Natural balanced sound for classical music, To use with my ATH-M40X.
2) Gapless-No gap between tracks.
3) Supports 64GB/128GB sd with formatting or without-Preferably without track number limit.
4) Max price is 350$-Preferably less. Expensive only if it really makes a difference.

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #15,324 of 18,652
  Where could I buy this (EU preferred) and what`s the difference with normal version? At this price made me interested!
400mW output @ 32Ohm seems very suitable for my Fidelio X1 also. How do You comment on soundstage? I wish large airy soundstage with decent depth towards front.

It depends (partly) on the op amp you choose... The LME49860 comes from my own stock, but the OPA2111 given with this amp is already a very good contender!
I bought mine on Aliexpress: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Performance-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Mini-Headhpone-AMP-Mobile-Phone-Music-Speaker-Headset-amplifier/2048482460.html

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #15,325 of 18,652
Will the DX50 support 128GB sd/microsd? is it neutral sounding for classical music? And does it support 24bit loseless files? Someone complain really bothers me: "while playing gapless... the tracks kinda overlaps a bit... which bothers be a bit while playing a single classical piece that was chopped in few tracks... any ways i can fix it??" Is really a way to fix it?

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #15,328 of 18,652
Will this card be good too? it is 30mb/s http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SanDisk-128GB-Ultra-Micro-SDXC-UHS-1-Class-10-MicroSD-Memory-Card-w-SD-Adap-/221590567974?pt=US_Cellphone_Memory_Cards&hash=item3397d3bc26

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #15,329 of 18,652
That looks like its gonna work for the iBasso. Please note, there are a awful lot of fake micro sd-cards. I've bought mine directly from a Scandisk distributor, and it was about 4 times the price of the one in your eBay link. I think it's best you check with Scandisk if the site (or seller) your are buying is selling the actual 128GB model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back