The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 27, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #15,271 of 18,652
Tried rockbox also and soundwise I found SU 1.3.3 better :wink: Don`t care about gapless.

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #15,272 of 18,652
  My DX50 Rockboxed sounds absolutely phenomenal. And the gapless sounds completely perfect!

Tried rockbox also and soundwise I found SU 1.3.3 better :wink: Don`t care about gapless.

Good for both of you 
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #15,273 of 18,652

yup you right what i found on 1.5.0 was alot of peaky it make my ear hurt

how about sound explosion 3rd generation to you i think it was good just like 1.3.3 but less peaky

raw audio recorded from line out of dx50 Black Gate capasitor mod
https://soundcloud.com/prawira-budiman/audio-recording-2014-10-01-02

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #15,274 of 18,652
I downloaded & installed the new DX50/DX90 USB-DAC Driver Ver1.0 driver, connected my DX50, and got an error saying the Mango USB Interface was not successfully installed.  I'm using a Windows 7, 64 bit computer and the DX50 shows up as "Ibasso HIFI Audio Device" as a Sound driver as well as a Mango USB Interface thought its Mango properties states that it is "Not digitally signed". 

Has anyone gotten this to work on W7 computer or have a workaround? TIA

EDIT: I added screen captures of the error message and my device manager

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #15,276 of 18,652
  My DX50 Rockboxed sounds absolutely phenomenal. And the gapless sounds completely perfect!

I'm really pleased it works well for you, I'm just too nervous to try it after the last time. Just let me know how you find your music, what steps you take to find it in the Rockbox menu. If I had been able to find it easily I would have probably kept it.

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #15,277 of 18,652

I'm really pleased it works well for you, I'm just too nervous to try it after the last time. Just let me know how you find your music, what steps you take to find it in the Rockbox menu. If I had been able to find it easily I would have probably kept it.

If you want to set it up as a database so you can filter by artist, album, etc. then you click and hold 'database'. Then click 'Select directories to scan'. Scroll down and look for 'mnt' click that and it will open its subfolders. Then click 'external_sd' a couple of times unil it shows a yellow(? it looks yellow, I'm colorblind) play button shape next to it. Press your power button, and it should ask you to initialize the scan. Once that is done when you click database and you will have 'artist', 'album' etc. If you are still having trouble I can make a video tutorial for you!

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #15,279 of 18,652
I downloaded & installed the new DX50/DX90 USB-DAC Driver Ver1.0 driver, connected my DX50, and got an error saying the Mango USB Interface was not successfully installed.  I'm using a Windows 7, 64 bit computer and the DX50 shows up as "Ibasso HIFI Audio Device" as a Sound driver as well as a Mango USB Interface thought its Mango properties states that it is "Not digitally signed". 

Has anyone gotten this to work on W7 computer or have a workaround? TIA

EDIT: I added screen captures of the error message and my device manager

It's simple, the drivers are not signed and you must follow unofficial routes to get them working.. Some pages before you can find a post with a guide. It worked for me.

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #15,280 of 18,652
I have this problem playing mostly ALAC and AAC. Sometimes a song starts off several seconds into the song.  It doesn't happen very often.  When I first switched to 1.50, I and others reported some random skipping.  Funny,  it hasn't happened in some time but I've also rescanned the library several items as I've added music. I was just thinking the other day how long it's been since I've had a skip.  Might have something to do with the library scanning but who knows.  
No one has problems of short sound interruptions during some flacs reproduction? After being updated to 1.5 my DX50 has started to shows this problem. Especially when a new song starts I have this problem of short interruptions of music. After this initial phase it works normally. This is a bit annoying somethimes.. I've also tried to make a clean install of the firmware but the issue is still there..

No skip for me but this sound interruptions... Let's see with the new firmware!

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #15,281 of 18,652
No one has problems of short sound interruptions during some flacs reproduction? After being updated to 1.5 my DX50 has started to shows this problem. Especially when a new song starts I have this problem of short interruptions of music. After this initial phase it works normally. This is a bit annoying somethimes.. I've also tried to make a clean install of the firmware but the issue is still there..

I'm using FW 1.5 and having similar problems. I don't think 'annoying' is the right word to define what I felt when I noticed all these issues. How can one describe this device with words such as 'audiophile', 'bit-perfect', etc when I hear glitches, popping sounds, interruptions and so on. Don't get me wrong, I would like to love my DX50 but I can't. Will the guys at Ibasso ever be able to offer a decent firmware with no bugs?? This is not a computer's Operating system. it's a just a DAP. I've seen 20€ DAPs with much better user interfaces and less bugs.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #15,282 of 18,652

I'm using FW 1.5 and having similar problems. I don't think 'annoying' is the right word to define what I felt when I noticed all these issues. How can one describe this device with words such as 'audiophile', 'bit-perfect', etc when I hear glitches, popping sounds, interruptions and so on. Don't get me wrong, I would like to love my DX50 but I can't. Will the guys at Ibasso ever be able to offer a decent firmware with no bugs?? This is not a computer's Operating system. it's a just a DAP. I've seen 20€ DAPs with much better user interfaces and less bugs.

Well I couldn't agree more with you.. I'm really disappointed about iBasso support. The next DAP will be FiiO x5 I guess.. Anyway I love my buggy dx50

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #15,283 of 18,652
Using DX50 @ SU 1.3.3 and no buggies! I`m happy! :wink:

But yeah, iBasso - What is wrong with Your software development? Hire a new team for software and let those "dummies" loose. This is for Your own good.
Such great piece of hardware (price/perf wise) ruined with continuous software issues.

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #15,284 of 18,652
Using DX50 with SU v1.3.3, the DAP itself is not buggie but the Windows DAC drivers is.
Whenever I try to trigger any Internet connectivity, it would just crash the PC, not sure why, but when I plug into my 1 and only USB2 port (pretty slim laptop), pretty fine for few while, only a few pause whenever there's interrupt (plug-in new mouse).
It seems the driver still not cope well with my laptop's USB3 chip, hopefully they can come out with better driver on next release.
One word of the driver is now it fully support 24-192 without any hiccup, only like around up to a second of buffer slow down through the WASAPI, so I expect this is yet another driver incompatibility.

Summary:
1. Works with only USB2 through onboard Intel chipset, other 3rd party chipset such as USB3 may not work well (crash like nobody business).
2. Fully support 24/192, tested with Foobar with WASAPI (Push) 24-bit.
3. Slight buffer delay, almost like when I first experience old version of WASAPI where you wait around a second between play/pause/seek. 

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #15,285 of 18,652
Neither on my laptop nor on my desktop I have problems with the new DAC drivers
The new DAC iBasso drivers are fine.
They are signed, or they are installed without error. With foobar2000 for example, they work without problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back