The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 6, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #15,151 of 18,652
Just noticed my songs are starting a few seconds late...like the beginning is getting cut off. Any ideas?

SU 1.3.3 running at FLAC only, IRR bandwidth on, CPU at 312.
Gapless off, Digital Filter off

Oct 7, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #15,154 of 18,652
Oct 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #15,155 of 18,652
First time updating the firmware, previously the old owner installed 1.5.0 on it, and now I wanna try the 1.3.3. Follow the steps according to user manual? It says factory reset and the firmware version still shows 1.5.0 after in insalled the "stable" firmware of the 1.3.3. I did something wrong?

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #15,156 of 18,652
  First time updating the firmware, previously the old owner installed 1.5.0 on it, and now I wanna try the 1.3.3. Follow the steps according to user manual? It says factory reset and the firmware version still shows 1.5.0 after in insalled the "stable" firmware of the 1.3.3. I did something wrong?

If i'm not mistaken, 1.3.3 is based on original 1.5.0

Easy way to check is to power off, turn the lock button on, then power on.  If you're on 1.3.3, you should get the "hidden menu" screen. To boot back from that hidden menu screen, just turn off the lock button again from that screen.

EDIT: Hidden menu should look like this

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #15,157 of 18,652
  If i'm not mistaken, 1.3.3 is based on original 1.5.0

Easy way to check is to power off, turn the lock button on, then power on.  If you're on 1.3.3, you should get the "hidden menu" screen. To boot back from that hidden menu screen, just turn off the lock button again from that screen.

EDIT: Hidden menu should look like this

Yup, the hidden menu is there. I think I did it right then. Thanks for the confirmation. The few minutes of listening definitely showed that this FW is much more musical.

The DX50 give the hiss which is quite annoying and for a prolonged listening period on the SE535LTD, it gave me a small headache which can really cuts me off from listening it that often. Maybe the 535 is just too sensitive, need a portable amp for this or is it just my unit is not so good..haha

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #15,160 of 18,652
  Yes, unfortunately, the DX50 can hiss with some sensitive headphones.  I have the same problem using fitear 334s.

Try using the line out jack (next to the headphone jack).  Less gain, so less hiss but higher volume setting.  Works for me.  
gs1000.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #15,161 of 18,652
It is not recommended to run your HP's from the line out. I forget exactly why, but its been discussed in this thread before and the consensus was you should not do this.

If you have hiss in high sensitivity phones, you need an amp or less sensitive headphones. Running headphones from the line out is not a recommended solution. Maybe someone else can explain exactly why.

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #15,162 of 18,652
Try using the line out jack (next to the headphone jack).  Less gain, so less hiss but higher volume setting.  Works for me.  :gs1000smile:

I've tried with something cheap like the Earpod and piston, the sound is highly distorted, lots of weird noise and I plugged it off immediately. Not sure why mind didn't work.

It is not recommended to run your HP's from the line out. I forget exactly why, but its been discussed in this thread before and the consensus was you should not do this.

If you have hiss in high sensitivity phones, you need an amp or less sensitive headphones. Running headphones from the line out is not a recommended solution. Maybe someone else can explain exactly why.

I've read somewhere in the forum that earphones/headphones can't be used directly from the line out just like what you said and I'm not sure about the reason too. :|
I think my 535 will stay and I'll be looking for an amp for it. Interested on the shadow but it's kinda pricey..

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #15,163 of 18,652
I've tried with something cheap like the Earpod and piston, the sound is highly distorted, lots of weird noise and I plugged it off immediately. Not sure why mind didn't work.
I've read somewhere in the forum that earphones/headphones can't be used directly from the line out just like what you said and I'm not sure about the reason too. :|
I think my 535 will stay and I'll be looking for an amp for it. Interested on the shadow but it's kinda pricey..

I think that you must of being trying the coaxial out jack, which is located that the top of the DX50.  The line out simply bypasses the headphone opamps.  It should not sound distorted since it would be the line feed to an external amp, which would then have distortion.  I have been using mine that way for over 2 months and have not experienced any distortion.  There is a DX50 mod tread that encouraged me to try it since it is only bypassing the headphone amplification.  Like all things suggested, YMMV.   

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #15,164 of 18,652
The LO has high output impedance and can only supply up to 1.5Vrms.

Especially for low impedance headphones, LO will affect the Frequency Response of your phone. (e.g Bass too thin)

You may like how it sounds but it's not how the headphones are designed to sound like when plugged in to LO. it was meant to be connected to an external amp.

Oct 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #15,165 of 18,652
The LO has high output impedance and can only supply up to 1.5Vrms.

Especially for low impedance headphones, LO will affect the Frequency Response of your phone. (e.g Bass too thin)

You may like how it sounds but it's not how the headphones are designed to sound like when plugged in to LO. it was meant to be connected to an external amp.

As you noted in you message, I like the way it sounds.  
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back