The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #15,166 of 18,652
I think that you must of being trying the coaxial out jack, which is located that the top of the DX50.  The line out simply bypasses the headphone opamps.  It should not sound distorted since it would be the line feed to an external amp, which would then have distortion.  I have been using mine that way for over 2 months and have not experienced any distortion.  There is a DX50 mod tread that encouraged me to try it since it is only bypassing the headphone amplification.  Like all things suggested, YMMV.   

Tried again with something cheap like Apple EarPod, it sounded like the TV that have a bad antenna, very grainy and I can't really hear what the singer is singing.

The LO has high output impedance and can only supply up to 1.5Vrms.

Especially for low impedance headphones, LO will affect the Frequency Response of your phone. (e.g Bass too thin)

You may like how it sounds but it's not how the headphones are designed to sound like when plugged in to LO. it was meant to be connected to an external amp.

Thanks for clearing up the thoughts, leant something new today :)

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #15,168 of 18,652
Hi...

I'm new at this forum. Just wanted to share my impressions on my brand new Ibasso DX50.
So far I am pleased with the sound of this device. Right now I'm using firmware 1.5.0.

Just in case the Ibasso guys are reading this forum I'd like to mention some bugs that I found regarding the UI.

- I would like to see -like many others- the track number of the song I'm listening to.
- Shuffle mode seems to work right but if I click the previous song button I expect it to remember the last song played and not a new random song. I think this is the way it works in other DAPs.
- I get some glitches when skipping between songs and sometimes the songs do not start at the beginning. It seems to jump forward a few seconds.
- When you skip between songs it takes too long. The response time is really slow.
- The DAC function doesn't seem to work properly.

I'm looking forward to trying a new firmware and getting rid of these disturbing issues.

-Bluemoth

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #15,169 of 18,652

- I get some glitches when skipping between songs and sometimes the songs do not start at the beginning. It seems to jump forward a few seconds.

Try changing your gapless setting to "on". Or "off" if it is already.

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #15,172 of 18,652
Does gapless work 100% in Mango for anyone? Most of the time its seamless but sometimes i hear the tiniest click or pop, and other times when it's transitioning with a beat it very very slightly gets off beat and throws me out of the groove.

Yet my Sansa E200 from '06 with rockbox does gapless 100% of the time with zero faults. I don't understand how this is an issue in today's DAP market.

Oct 15, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #15,174 of 18,652
Hi all,

I know that probably this question has already been posted but.. there's any chance, mod or whatelse to use  the DX50 as a portable DAC for an Android device?

Not if iBasso or anyone else write a driver/app for Android. Which is a longshot. The existing driver for Windows is spotty at best.

Oct 15, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #15,175 of 18,652
Does gapless work 100% in Mango for anyone? Most of the time its seamless but sometimes i hear the tiniest click or pop, and other times when it's transitioning with a beat it very very slightly gets off beat and throws me out of the groove.

Yet my Sansa E200 from '06 with rockbox does gapless 100% of the time with zero faults. I don't understand how this is an issue in today's DAP market.

No gapless never worked 100% since day 1. Rockbox is the only option.

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #15,177 of 18,652
This is the DX50 thread.  Perhaps you should ask that in the DX90 thread.  
wink_face.gif

If you mistyped and MEANT the DX50, then yes, there is a click, but I wouldn't call it loud.  Also, I always turn on my player before plugging in my iems.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #15,179 of 18,652
I think that's very common for some Amp, which happen to my Hippo CriCri+ as well, whenever I turn on the Amp, the connected IEM/Headphone will hear a click sound, so I think it's normal. But if you're afraid your IEM/Headphone's may spoil due to the frequent loud click, then you connect only after the unit has been fully turned on (at the Library scans menu).

Oct 16, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #15,180 of 18,652
Hi Old dude.  Thanks for your reply.  Yeah I was asking about DX90 but should also apply to DX50 methinks!

I have both DX50 and 90. The pop in DX50 is loud, but not in DX90. I can barely hear the pop. Only if I want to hear it. But most of the time I don't notice the pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back