The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 31, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #14,491 of 18,652
Then it would be easier probably to add HO and LO vol "buttons" to the side of that volume ring screen that appears when You push vol button. And I think it would be easier to implement it also.

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #14,492 of 18,652

I am having the exact same problem. I really want to try this sound unlocked, but can't figure this out.

I've had same problem and it was just a simple mistake. I left old image file on ibasso root directory and never flashed it with the corect version.

Connect your ibasso to computer, delete all image files (if you might have any) copy new Sound Unlock image file and reflash it. After you have done reflashing check the version, reset to defaults and try to access the hidden settins by powerin off, putting hold button to lock and then hold power again for a few seconds.

It should work.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #14,493 of 18,652
Hey!

I would like to ask if the 64bit driver works now and how do you get it work? (I haven't really dealt with this problem, butwhen they came out I was said the 64bit driver didn't work properly and now I'm switching to 64bit OS)

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #14,494 of 18,652
No. Well, it somehow works but has lot of compability problems with WASAPI, KSP, ASIO and needs to be manually signed with DSEO. It`s still in BETA status though.

Personally I really don`t care anymore about that DAC driver because with Sound Unlocked FW and large mSD card & OTG USB/HDD support I don`t even need to turn on PC anymore, just put it on stand, plug in headphones or line-out to external amp&speakers and enjoy sound bliss ;P

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #14,495 of 18,652
  Hey!

I would like to ask if the 64bit driver works now and how do you get it work? (I haven't really dealt with this problem, butwhen they came out I was said the 64bit driver didn't work properly and now I'm switching to 64bit OS)

Yeh the 64bit driver works ok. You have to boot into windows with driver enforcement disabled and then install the ibasso driver. I have had one instance where it did not install automatically so i had to go into device manager and manually install the driver.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #14,498 of 18,652
Guys is there anyone pairing this with sennheiser ie800? And also I'd be appreciated with a short comparison between dx50 and iphone 5s sound qualities. If there is no day and night difference I probably consider to go on with iphone.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #14,499 of 18,652
Anybody here using SU 1.3.3 with Dx50 with headphone out only. Want to know if it's good enough. I have the dunu1k and wondering what others think about the quality of the HO with SU 1.3.3?

I am using it solely with the headphone out. I have to say that the DX50 with SU has excellent sonic characteristics using the headphone out and mid gain, this is valid for any phones I have tried it with.

Cheers!

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #14,501 of 18,652
Guys is there anyone pairing this with sennheiser ie800? And also I'd be appreciated with a short comparison between dx50 and iphone 5s sound qualities. If there is no day and night difference I probably consider to go on with iphone.

Thanks in advance.

With the mid-fi cans i currently have, the Focal Spirit Pro, NAD HP50, Ultrasone Pro 550 and Yamaha MT220 there is a difference but i wouldnt call it a day and night. However when i plug in my Earsonics SM64 iem's the differences are much more noticeable with the iphone sounding a bit thin and harsh in the mids and highs and the bass having less impact. If i use my cheaper Martin Logan Mikros 70s then again the differences becomes less obvious. With the sennheiser ie800s being a fairly high end iem you are definitely going to be able to get more out of them with a dedicated player like the dx50.

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #14,502 of 18,652
There is definite a bright day and midnight difference.

With the mid-fi cans i currently have, the Focal Spirit Pro, NAD HP50, Ultrasone Pro 550 and Yamaha MT220 there is a difference but i wouldnt call it a day and night. However when i plug in my Earsonics SM64 iem's the differences are much more noticeable with the iphone sounding a bit thin and harsh in the mids and highs and the bass having less impact. If i use my cheaper Martin Logan Mikros 70s then again the differences becomes less obvious. With the sennheiser ie800s being a fairly high end iem you are definitely going to be able to get more out of them with a dedicated player like the dx50.

Thanks a lot. I will give a chance to dx50 then. Hope it will be a great combo.

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #14,503 of 18,652
And don`t forget to try with Sound Unlocked FW too :wink: Give us feedback when You marry those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back