The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 21, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #12,301 of 18,652
I have tried it before. I believe my problem that I have the "wipe/factory default" option in recovery menu (still in Rockbox mode), and it cannot toggle back to mango.

I have tried to press "power" + "vol down" buttons, and DX50 can be reboot, but, it can only start up as Rockbox again....:confused_face_2:

Finally, thx for all of the suggestions. I can restore the firmware thru recovery mode. The trick is the
microsd being formatted as fat or fat32.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #12,302 of 18,652
Has anyone noticed a degrading in the play buttons? My Next button has slowly been gradually feeling less tactile and much more mushy. I don't particularly use the player alot(under 100 hours total?) but I can't actually tell if I pressed the button or not at times.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #12,303 of 18,652
  Has anyone noticed a degrading in the play buttons? My Next button has slowly been gradually feeling less tactile and much more mushy. I don't particularly use the player alot(under 100 hours total?) but I can't actually tell if I pressed the button or not at times.

check your finger tips...the longer you play with it, the thicker gets the skin...
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #12,305 of 18,652
I've tried with my left hand(I'm right-handed) and it still feels dramatically more mushy than when I first got it. Not sure if I should contact ibasso about this.

More like a faulty button

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #12,306 of 18,652

Same problem, the next button is dead. They want me to send it back to them in china (I'm in France…)

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #12,307 of 18,652
I've tried with my left hand(I'm right-handed) and it still feels dramatically more mushy than when I first got it. Not sure if I should contact ibasso about this.

Same problem, the next button is dead. They want me to send it back to them in china (I'm in France…)

Which batch of dx50 are you using?

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #12,309 of 18,652
The last one, ordered it from mp4nation in late january, deliverered in late february.
I re flashed the firmware as MP4nation asked me to, and nothing changed. 

I heard they cover some of the expenses of the shipping to them, ask for that, because I'm guessing it will be the way to have it fully functional again.
Did the button simply died? Or had some period of malfunctioning?
:-\

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #12,310 of 18,652
I heard they cover some of the expenses of the shipping to them, ask for that, because I'm guessing it will be the way to have it fully functional again.
Did the button simply died? Or had some period of malfunctioning?
:-\

iBasso asked me to send it back to them, no news from MP4nation right now. iBasso don't cover the shipping expenses.
The button simply died, missed a few clicks the previous time and then dead.

Mar 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #12,311 of 18,652
iBasso asked me to send it back to them, no news from MP4nation right now. iBasso don't cover the shipping expenses.
The button simply died, missed a few clicks the previous time and then dead.

just to jump in on this issue. I went through the whole RMA process with mp4nation. at first I contacted ibasso, but they ask me to claim warranty from where I purchased the dx50 which is mp4nation. the physical play button died on my device and I rarely used it (came with 1.2.5 not sure which batch) start a ticket,. they provided an address for me to ship it back. they will cover 20 dollars shipping cost if it is within 30 days from purchase. you send with order number ticket number and address in it on a piece paper.

I used snail shipping so it took 4 weeks from vancouver to hon kong. when they have he device and confirms the problem, they will ask for the most recent address and will send you a replacement.

the replacement I got is the latest batch with 1.2.8 and silicon case.

now that rock box came out... I'm very worry about my button breaking again. ..

Also they ship the replacement with fedex priority which is 2day guarantee delivery.

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #12,312 of 18,652
just to jump in on this issue. I went through the whole RMA process with mp4nation. at first I contacted ibasso, but they ask me to claim warranty from where I purchased the dx50 which is mp4nation. the physical play button died on my device and I rarely used it (came with 1.2.5 not sure which batch) start a ticket,. they provided an address for me to ship it back. they will cover 20 dollars shipping cost if it is within 30 days from purchase. you send with order number ticket number and address in it on a piece paper.

I used snail shipping so it took 4 weeks from vancouver to hon kong. when they have he device and confirms the problem, they will ask for the most recent address and will send you a replacement.

the replacement I got is the latest batch with 1.2.8 and silicon case.

now that rock box came out... I'm very worry about my button breaking again. ..

Also they ship the replacement with fedex priority which is 2day guarantee delivery.

What a rock box? and also may I know which batch your Dx 50 belongs to?

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #12,314 of 18,652
  What a rock box? and also may I know which batch your Dx 50 belongs to?

Start here:
http://www.rockbox.org/

If you are interested you can get the details for DX50 here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here-latest-update-2014-03-15

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #12,315 of 18,652
My buttons have been gradually getting less responsive since I got it. It now takes upwards of 10 clicks for the Play / Pause button to do anything. Quite embarrassing when you stop for a chat with someone and are desperately trying to stop the player. "What's that?" they ask.. " looks.. erm . good.. "

I guess I'll have to send it in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back