The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #12,286 of 18,652
So I know this is late, but I finally got my 128 gig sandisk cards and loaded one up with music, did NOT reformat it to fat32 left it as exFAT and it scanned fine in 1.2.8 and RB.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #12,288 of 18,652
I'd say it is only within the last 10% of the charge that you might notice it

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #12,289 of 18,652
Hi there,

I still have a problem on restoring DX50 org. firmware after I have done to wipe and reset default in recovery mode.

P.S.: I have installed the Rockbox firmware into my DX50.

In the recovery, I can only be selected the /cache directory and I can use adb to push the update.zip into /cache, but, it seem it cannot recognize it.
Thus, I unzip the update.zip into update.img and push it again, but, it prompt out the directory being full, thus, can anyone advise how to recover my DX50....
confused_face_2.gif

Now, I can only boot in Rockbox mode, and I cannot switch back to Mango system.

Can anyone HELP on it...!!!!???

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #12,290 of 18,652
u need to reflash 1.2.8 press power + up vol key... then select update from sd card... copy the firmware to sdcard to flash. U can toggle between rockbox and mango... need to press and release certain key pls search at rockbox thread

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #12,291 of 18,652
  u need to reflash 1.2.8 press power + up vol key... then select update from sd card... copy the firmware to sdcard to flash. U can toggle between rockbox and mango... need to press and release certain key pls search at rockbox thread

Below what I have done, still cannot get to flash the firmware:

1. Copy the update.img onto the microSD card as well as DX50 internal storage. I start the recovery mode, DX50 can only get from /cache directory for the update image, and I cannot change to another directory to get the update.img file.

2. I try to toggle between Rockbox to mango, but, it always boot back to rockbox

I believe I have done the wipe/factory default option in recovery mode before toggling back to mango. Now, I cannot perform any update/fallback to other firmware.

On the other hand, I try to use "adb push" the update.img to the directory of /cache, but, it I got the directory full during the mid. of file transfer....

I despair on it, and I am afraid that I need to bring back to repair...!!!!

HELP!!!

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #12,293 of 18,652
Below what I have done, still cannot get to flash the firmware:

1. Copy the update.img onto the microSD card as well as DX50 internal storage. I start the recovery mode, DX50 can only get from /cache directory for the update image, and I cannot change to another directory to get the update.img file.

2. I try to toggle between Rockbox to mango, but, it always boot back to rockbox

I believe I have done the wipe/factory default option in recovery mode before toggling back to mango. Now, I cannot perform any update/fallback to other firmware.

On the other hand, I try to use "adb push" the update.img to the directory of /cache, but, it I got the directory full during the mid. of file transfer....

I despair on it, and I am afraid that I need to bring back to repair...!!!!

HELP!!!

Have you successfully switched from Rockbox to Mango before? If you have not, you may not be pressing the buttons correctly. Press volume down and then the power button and *release both*. Then wait for it to boot back to Mango.

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #12,294 of 18,652
Have you successfully switched from Rockbox to Mango before? If you have not, you may not be pressing the buttons correctly. Press volume down and then the power button and *release both*. Then wait for it to boot back to Mango.

I have tried it before. I believe my problem that I have selected the "wipe/factory default" option in recovery menu (still in Rockbox mode), and it cannot toggle back to mango.

I have tried to press "power" + "vol down" buttons, and DX50 can be reboot, but, it can only start up as Rockbox again....
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #12,296 of 18,652
It's from 7DayShop. The reviews were good as was the price. Maybe I should have gone for an official samsung one.

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-compatible-samsung-eb-l1g6llu-mobile-phone-battery-2300mah?backUrl=L2NhdGFsb2dzZWFyY2gvcmVzdWx0Lz9xPXNhbXN1bmcrczM=&backUrl=L2NhdGFsb2dzZWFyY2gvcmVzdWx0Lz9xPXNhbXN1bmcrczM=

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #12,297 of 18,652
Mar 20, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #12,298 of 18,652
A deficiency, a known deficiency, one that iBasso considers to be within acceptable operating parameters.

I imagine this deficiency is more present when using high powered headphones as I can't say I honestly ever noticed a degradation of sound when the battery is low and I often run the battery down to a single bar over the duration of a day of use.  That or I just seriously don't notice these things.  lol

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #12,300 of 18,652
I imagine this deficiency is more present when using high powered headphones as I can't say I honestly ever noticed a degradation of sound when the battery is low and I often run the battery down to a single bar over the duration of a day of use.  That or I just seriously don't notice these things.  lol

I have not experienced it but could imagine it might be more on HO than LO. I have certainly experienced it on most of my amps when battery gets low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back