The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 1, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #11,056 of 18,652
  Yeah, possibly, but it is dying at a slightly faster rate! Like, I used to charge my DX50 once a week, now it's like twice a week...Unless..I'm actually using it more lol

I might grab a Samsung battery as some of you say good things about it, but has anyone tried the long-life Mugen Power batteries?

Interesting, I was never able to go by with one weekly charge so congrats for it lasting that long. I used to sweat the small stuff before but realized that I don't have that many electronic items that last as long, my iPhone is a joke I charge it daily else it'll go flat. One thing is for sure, I prefer having an external battery instead of internal, at least this way you can exchange it with whatever you want (options).

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #11,058 of 18,652

Interesting, I was never able to go by with one weekly charge so congrats for it lasting that long. I used to sweat the small stuff before but realized that I don't have that many electronic items that last as long, my iPhone is a joke I charge it daily else it'll go flat. One thing is for sure, I prefer having an external battery instead of internal, at least this way you can exchange it with whatever you want (options).

Yeah, that is true. My Nexus 4's battery life is an absolute joke as well. Before the day even ends, it already requires a charge, so I suppose that I should be at least happy that my DX lasts a bit longer. I suppose an external battery pack is something I should look into.

Quote:
The high capacity battery packs won't fit. They're thicker than the standard capacity batteries.

Thanks for notifying and confirming:)

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #11,059 of 18,652
i just noticed something , when i don't use gapless mode i hear clicks between songs.
if i do i don't weird.

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #11,061 of 18,652
+1

Would like to have a sensitive L/R channel balance slider. Micro adjustment of channel balances for my unbalanced ears :D

And of course, crossfade option would be nice.

On a further note, playlist doesnt seem to work for me anymore ln 1.2.8. Sounded pretty much the same as 1.2.6, with perhaps a tiny tiny tiny bit stronger low freq bass.

Agree, a poll would be good. It worked for Fiio

Aside from the request, aside from the already mentioned, please add L/R balance control :wink:

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #11,063 of 18,652
  just updated to 1.2.8 and found my bass totally gone. Am I missing something here? Pls advise. Thank you.

I didn't notice it at first, but that was my finding as well when I A/Bed it with 1.2.5. Non-EQed, it didn't seem to go very low at all.

Feb 1, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #11,064 of 18,652
  I got a question for all of you out there with the FW 1.2.8.

Did you have this problem: A song just finished, another started and the volume, all out of the blue, increased at a good pace to what seems to be max but when looking at the volume level indicator, it is no where close to max.
Fortunately I had my HD600 on so the volume got loud but not to the point of going deaf, I took them out nonetheless. I am not too happy about that. 
mad.gif

Unfortunately I can't reproduce it all the time, it seems random. Not sure what to do at this point, maybe going back to 1.2.7 and definitively leave a message to iBasso.

edit: kept 1.2.8 and going through the LO/amp route again.

That´s happend to me with different FWs, even with 1.2.7 while using an USB memory with an OTG cable.

Quote:
This has happened to me on every firmware I have tried! Until ibasso isolates the problem it will continue to appear.

Please do something about it iBasso!!!
Interesting because this only happens to me when I put the player in shuffle mode. But the increase in volume could make you deaf. So this could be potentially a very serious problem.

I like this amazing player but I´m afraid this is a serious problem.!!!

If my memory serves me well, it might have happened one time with an older firmware but they were aware of it and fixed it. It never happened again.
I have already reloaded the firmware twice but like you said, I am going to do it again, take no chances.

+1

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #11,065 of 18,652
If you guys find the edges of the DX50 too sharp, I can't recommend enough the iBasso $8 rubber case. It's super smooth and fits snug.
And unlike the firmware updates, it does not change the sound :wink:

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #11,066 of 18,652
  If you guys find the edges of the DX50 too sharp, I can't recommend enough the iBasso $8 rubber case. It's super smooth and fits snug.
And unlike the firmware updates, it does not change the sound :wink:

I found my silicone case to give my DX50 a more pronounced treble and a more resilient bass response. 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #11,068 of 18,652
how long will the fw update take? i do it for the first time and when i hit "yes" to update, all that happens is i get the "see you soon" screen and thats all. it stays on with this screen. is that the usual behavior? 

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #11,069 of 18,652
  how long will the fw update take? i do it for the first time and when i hit "yes" to update, all that happens is i get the "see you soon" screen and thats all. it stays on with this screen. is that the usual behavior? 

For me, it usually shuts off (as you said), and then it boots up again in a black background, with yellow text, and it runs/shows its progress, and once its done, the player will reboot back to the usual load-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back