The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #9,151 of 18,652
Awwww, missing gapless on 1.2.6. What a shame! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #9,153 of 18,652
  They b0rked the gapless on 1.2.6, if you install the 1.2.5 firmware you'll get proper gapless. 

Long time, no see by the way 
smile.gif

Might try that or wait and see if a future release fixes it again since they obviously do know how to make it right.

And yes, since the debacle at the Danish site I have sort of withdrawn from the hobby and just concentrate on listening to and buying music with my existing rigs but at the price of the DX50 I just had to give it a try.

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #9,154 of 18,652

Might try that or wait and see if a future release fixes it again since they obviously do know how to make it right.

And yes, since the debacle at the Danish site I have sort of withdrawn from the hobby and just concentrate on listening to and buying music with my existing rigs but at the price of the DX50 I just had to give it a try.

Tempers fly high sometimes. I find the "block" button to be a useful tool for managing Forum Rage.

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #9,155 of 18,652
  Have had my DX50 since Friday and am generally impressed. The look and feel and buils quality is very good and much batter than the price would indicate. It works well at high gain with my Tzar350 and much better line out to my SR71-B with balanced JH13. My main problem, actually a very big one, is the "gapless" implementation. It is nothing like gapless, rather it seems to be a 5 ot 10 second crossfade. As I listen to a lot of classical music gapless is essential so I really hope they get that fixed in an upcoming firmware release. The other "problem" is that the line out is not very strong so I need to run the SR71-B at medium gain and 3/4 of the volume to get the same percieved sound as I do with an iPod Classic and the SR71-B at low gain and 1/2 on the volume so I think it will be difficault to use this with my HE-500.

You may have done this but the engineer in me makes me ask...

Did you use the volume control to adjust the line out to max? 

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #9,156 of 18,652
With family, champagne, traditional turkey lunch, walk with dog in bracing wind.

Relax on bed with DX50 to Leckerton UHA 6S MK 11 to Sennheiser 600 HD listening to :

YES - Tales from Topographic Oceans : Ritual and Rachmaninoff - All Night Vigil : both HD tracks

It's been a good day .......

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #9,157 of 18,652

Absolutely. I don't use the database. I browse by "Directory" which is a folder and file view. When you get into a folder with songs, it will play them from where you select to the end of the folder.

I'm using a 1.2.6 DX50 (arrived with latest firmware installed) and when I playback using folder/directory view, the DX50  is still playing by artist instead of by filename (filename format is tracknumber-title-artist.flac) The tracknumbers are all 3 digit sequence, i.e. 001 to 999. 

Any advice please?

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #9,159 of 18,652
You may have done this but the engineer in me makes me ask...

Did you use the volume control to adjust the line out to max? 

I have now but at the time of writing I hadn't realized that it worked that way with the volume implemented in the digital domain. Much better now. Thanks for mentioning it though :)

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #9,160 of 18,652
changing now. Bear in mind the track numbers are part of the filename, not actually tags. I manually went and renamed copies of my tracks according to the sequence in my favourite playlists when I found out that the DX50 didn't support custom M3U/M3U8 etc playlists very well (as in compared to rockbox).     

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #9,161 of 18,652
With family, champagne, traditional turkey lunch, walk with dog in bracing wind.

Relax on bed with DX50 to Leckerton UHA 6S MK 11 to Sennheiser 600 HD listening to :

YES - Tales from Topographic Oceans : Ritual and Rachmaninoff - All Night Vigil : both HD tracks

It's been a good day .......

Perhaps time for Fragile and Close To The Edge now? :wink:

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #9,162 of 18,652
Listening now to Alan Parson Project's album Turn Of A Friendly Card... yum yum.... :D

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #9,164 of 18,652
  changing now. Bear in mind the track numbers are part of the filename, not actually tags. I manually went and renamed copies of my tracks according to the sequence in my favourite playlists when I found out that the DX50 didn't support custom M3U/M3U8 etc playlists very well (as in compared to rockbox).     

Didn't work. I looked a bit closer and it's actually playing by the Album tag rather than filename, even when browsing by directory. The fileformat is now for example:
01-Title-Artist.FLAC
02-Title-Artist.FLAC

EDIT:
Also tried fileformat like:
01 - Title-Artist.FLAC

.....still plays by album not filename.

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #9,165 of 18,652
Merry Christmas all Head Fi'ers

Does anyone no if Mp4nation is having any delays or on any sort of vacation?

I think this might answer your question:
Merry Xmas everyone !!

iam waiting for the dx50 to ship, because of mp4nation now i hate the word "processing", i asked them beginning of the week when is it going to ship, they said this week, at nearly end of the week and still processing, now i read on their forums they are on vacation from the 25th to 2nd of jan, i hope they are still going to ship this week :xf_mad:

Comoooooooooon mp4nation !!

i have "frequent checking order state" disorder and its getting on my nerve :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back