The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #7,921 of 18,652
  Just a thought - currently I have an ipod 5th gen in a Marantz cradle which is hooked up to my speaker amp for non-headphone listening. Works very well actually, but now that I have the DX50 on order, I guess I should retire the iPod. Is there a cradle available for the DX50 that I could hook up to the amp? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Does your amp have a coax socket? If so your DX50 will arrive with a coax cable, and I find it produces great sound from this source to my amp and speakers.

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #7,922 of 18,652
Hmm my dx50 seems to turn off on itself if i dont used it for a period of time. Is that normal?

Battery is full juice

Edit: nevermind! Nice auto shutoff feature

The upcoming firmware release will also have a sleep timer in addition to the auto shutoff.

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #7,923 of 18,652
The upcoming firmware release will also have a sleep timer in addition to the auto shutoff.

Like if youre not playing anything, the device turns off automatically? That will be a great feature. Thats one of the over used feature on my roxboxed sansa clip+ lol

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #7,924 of 18,652
Like if youre not playing anything, the device turns off automatically? That will be a great feature. Thats one of the over used feature on my roxboxed sansa clip+ lol

It does that already, i think what it meant was that if you use the Sleep function, the DAP will turn-off automatically, regardless if you're using it or not. Pretty handy for those of us that use it while we sleep.

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #7,925 of 18,652
  Hello every one

Is there anybody from Vancouver (or anywhere in Canada) that already has dx50? :D

I want to know that how much does dx50 cost to you (including all taxes, shipping and Customs cost)?

thanks

Yup, I'm in Vancouver.
I bought mine from MP4Nation back in the 8th batch, with the free R3 headphones. Cost $250 CAN to my door.
I thought I got off with no fees, but I got a letter in the mail from FedEx.. Have to pay taxes on the declared value, which is $20, from MP4Nation. I also have to pay a $10 Advancement fee. Total of about $13. Not too bad, considering I also had the R3 headphones. Apparently I may be able to get them to waive the advancement fee, if I sign up for an account, or something of the like.
Either way, final cost of around $265 CAN. Pretty amazing price IMO.

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #7,928 of 18,652
It does that already, i think what it meant was that if you use the Sleep function, the DAP will turn-off automatically, regardless if you're using it or not. Pretty handy for those of us that use it while we sleep.

Really? I thought the "auto power off" turns off the dap even if youre using it. Trying it now

EDIT: wow it does lol

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #7,929 of 18,652

Haha no, actually - I meant the declared value is $20. Taxes on that is a little over $2 in BC, Canada. Plus the $10 advancement fee, and some other fee that FedEx adds. Total is just on the plus side of $13.

Strange that they would ding taxes on $20 declared value. Either way, that's not bad.

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #7,931 of 18,652
APO should turn it off only if you're not using it.
Sleep Timer should turn it off after a user specified time period.

Yah I tried it. I love this feature lol. Thanks!!

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #7,932 of 18,652
  I'm just happy to help and give something back to the community that has been such a great source of ways to empty my wallet. 
beerchug.gif

+1 Ever since I found out about head-fi all it did is bleed me money. But I have a big smile afterwards. 
L3000.gif

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #7,935 of 18,652
I got mine today too. The angles plug seems a little wonky too as the connection isnt always working. Not rly a but deal as it works. Just otta b careful. It has warantee tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back