The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 12, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #14,941 of 18,652
I have Topping NX1, SMSL sAp-5 and C&C BH and imo BH (out1/noFX) is still DX50's best friend: more air, more space, more dynamics, more resolution...

What firmware did You use to compare?

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #14,943 of 18,652
You should try Sound Unlocked
wink.gif
Sorry for the hype, but it just is so good!
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #14,944 of 18,652
Yes, of course I should do that... but no version with CWM at the moment and I prefer Rockbox for my everyday use. :wink:

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #14,945 of 18,652

1. Install SU 1.3.3 FW like any other FW without any cables connected and mSD card removed.
2. Delete update.img after install is done.
3. Do factory reset.
4. Turn OFF Your DX50.
5. Switch LOCK button to ON position.
6. Turn ON Your DX50. Settings screen will appear. Select what You want.
7. Slide LOCK button to OFF and it will resume to UI.

If it doesn`t work then You are just doing something wrong or understood something wrong. I think You will be then first person to have such problem.

YEP. all is good now. i mixed the stages
thanks for help and happy listening.

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #14,948 of 18,652

1. Install SU 1.3.3 FW like any other FW without any cables connected and mSD card removed.
3. Do factory reset.
4. Turn OFF Your DX50.

If it doesn`t work then You are just doing something wrong or understood something wrong. I think You will be then first person to have such problem.

He is not the first person. I gave up on Sound Unlocked long ago. For some strange reason I can't get DOC 2008 Sound Explosion off my player no matter what I do. I have several peoples instruction and it will not work for Sound Unlocked.

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #14,949 of 18,652
The DOC, I believe, used the DX90 firmware and that makes it harder to remove.  You might want to use the RKBatchtool and totally restore your system.  That should let you start over fresh.

And I, too, am a big believer in SU 1.3.3.  It's the first non-stock FW I heartily recommend.  And was in love with 1.5.0.

My only issue is that I ripped my albums with no pre-gap, and while gapless on 1.5.0 worked well with those files, I find that SU sometimes cuts slightly into the first few notes of each song.  And the idea of re-ripping does not appeal to me.  But everything I am currently adding I am leaving with a pre-gap.  Sort of a minor thing, it's just a bit annoying at times.  

Sep 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #14,950 of 18,652
The DOC, I believe, used the DX90 firmware and that makes it harder to remove.  You might want to use the RKBatchtool and totally restore your system.  That should let you start over fresh.

And I, too, am a big believer in SU 1.3.3.  It's the first non-stock FW I heartily recommend.  And was in love with 1.5.0.

My only issue is that I ripped my albums with no pre-gap, and while gapless on 1.5.0 worked well with those files, I find that SU sometimes cuts slightly into the first few notes of each song.  And the idea of re-ripping does not appeal to me.  But everything I am currently adding I am leaving with a pre-gap.  Sort of a minor thing, it's just a bit annoying at times.  

What software do you use for ripping? I use dbpoweramp and there is an option to remove silence from the beginning and end of tracks. Is that what you mean by pre-gap?

Sep 13, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #14,951 of 18,652

3. Do factory reset.
4. Turn OFF Your DX50.

He is not the first person. I gave up on Sound Unlocked long ago. For some strange reason I can't get DOC 2008 Sound Explosion off my player no matter what I do. I have several peoples instruction and it will not work for Sound Unlocked.

As You saw, that user did just one simple wrong move and now everything is ok for him.
Use RKBatchtool to get rid of DOC SE and follow instructions I gave. Should work without problems.
If not, then You must be doing something wrong or that DOC`s FW is messing things up. Or who knows, maybe You have older batch DX50 that is somehow different. 
Anyway, pitty You can`t try SU FW. I hope You solve this mystery finally :wink:

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #14,952 of 18,652
What software do you use for ripping? I use dbpoweramp and there is an option to remove silence from the beginning and end of tracks. Is that what you mean by pre-gap?

Mac, so XLD, which has options for regular pre-gap or no pre-gap.  No pre-gap just doesn't seem to play nice all the time (not always) with SU.

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #14,953 of 18,652
Pair with TDK BA200 (iem),DT770 250ohm , my DX50 back to 1.2.8 again, for me is more live..yes it is subjective opinion..:)
I will monitor and try every SU update.

~ron~

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #14,954 of 18,652
Did You try different settings with SU 1.3.3 ? Imho 1.2.8 doesn`t get even close to SU 1.3.3 :wink: Subjective opinion ofc.

Sep 15, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #14,955 of 18,652
only the neutral and abit same characteritic betwen v1.2.8 and v1.3.3
but v1.3.3 more sparkle i think, soundstage and micro detail increased abit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back