The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #12,212 of 18,652
Guys, I'm getting the dreaded volume goes to the max for no reason bug. Plays fine for hours, then all of a sudden, without any handling on my part, the player's volume shoots to max. I barely have time to yank the earphones out of my ears.

Is there a solution for this, or is it a physical problem with the device?
I'm using the latest firmware.
thanks.

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #12,214 of 18,652
X
Guys, I'm getting the dreaded volume goes to the max for no reason bug. Plays fine for hours, then all of a sudden, without any handling on my part, the player's volume shoots to max. I barely have time to yank the earphones out of my ears.

thanks.

You could Rock Box it! Yeah that Max volume is enough to give ya a heart attack. Mine is always LO now, so no worries.

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #12,215 of 18,652

thanks.

welcome to the happy club of surprises! 
Use an amp, good solution too….

since i amped it it works perfectly

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #12,216 of 18,652
I think its important for me to state that my unit works flawlessly and is absolutely amazing. If you are having problems that a firmware change and microSD card change does not take care of, you should send the unit back for exchange or repair. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #12,219 of 18,652
^^ I agree. This is the best dap that I've used by far. It would be very difficult spending more money on the dx90 given the price/performance of the dx50. 

Mar 14, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #12,220 of 18,652
  ^^ I agree. This is the best dap that I've used by far. It would be very difficult spending more money on the dx90 given the price/performance of the dx50. 

Even with the occasional freeze and minor issues this is still by far my favorite DAP. I would by another in a heart beat.

for mobile use it is an overkilling DAP, detailed and powerfull, also plays everithing i throw to it.
i would reserve the Sabre dac for my home stereo

Mar 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #12,221 of 18,652
  I think its important for me to state that my unit works flawlessly and is absolutely amazing. If you are having problems that a firmware change and microSD card change does not take care of, you should send the unit back for exchange or repair. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Mine worked fine for the first few months, even with the early firmware. I've sent a message to Ibrasso, waiting to see what they say. Except for  the unexpected Max volume issue, I've been very happy with it.

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #12,222 of 18,652
Hi guys I need your help I am trying to get and amp and a dac or combo of both for my DX 50, I want to build my own personal ultimate portable sound gig, but I am not sure which amp or dac to buy. if possible I would like a combo but also I want it to utilize its own components to give me the best sound possible also I am planning to get the HD 650 sometime so I need something that can power up 300 impedance at least. thanks 

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #12,224 of 18,652
  Hi guys I need your help I am trying to get and amp and a dac or combo of both for my DX 50, I want to build my own personal ultimate portable sound gig, but I am not sure which amp or dac to buy. if possible I would like a combo but also I want it to utilize its own components to give me the best sound possible also I am planning to get the HD 650 sometime so I need something that can power up 300 impedance at least. thanks 

i personally feel like the DAC section of the DX50 is quite nice and very clean and very neutral. One of my favorite parts of the DX50. You'll definite need something for an amp though.

Ive personally only gotten a chance to try heir audio Rendition 1 and algorhythm duet with HD650s. The duet would get a huge thumbs up from me as the pairing with the 650 is quite nice. The Rendition 1 n the other hand doesnt work too well with the 650s imo.

I know there are probably a lot of other suggestions people can give though! I know soren's been promoting the ibasso PB2 quite a lot and ive seen quite a few people using apex glacier and all that jazz.

Just a little 2 cent from my limited time with an HD650 though 
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #12,225 of 18,652
Search Woo Audio for great amps and also a DAC/amp combo (Fireflies) if your reasonably stationary. Otherwise, I have a Headstage Arrow amp that is the size of a business card and thin that has excellent qualities and mates with my DX50 beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back