The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 17, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #10,336 of 18,652
I think the current SDXC class 10 spec supports up to 2 TB capacity. But at the moment we only have 64GB for mSD and 128GB for SD (256 exists I know but price is still on out of reach territory).

This is correct. SDXC, including microSDXC has a specified capacity of 2TB. Today's cards are limited by physical size.

All SDXC cards are supposed to be "Class 10" -- that is, read and write performance that is at least 10MB/s. SDXC cards are rated with UHS speed ratings, currently U1 and U3, with the number being a multiple of 10MB/s.

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #10,338 of 18,652
  No but there is much subjective difference in perception of the different firmwares. This is wisely not included in the chart. You have to peruse the thread and decide what you believe. Really at the end of the day, you have to listen yourself.

Sure, sure, I do fully understand that most things are subjective in this hobby, thanks, but there has been a relatively consistent consensus on sound signatures in the early FW releases and what I was hoping for was some input in that regard. At this time, I'm unfortunately unable to mess around with all the various FWs as I am at a very demanding point in my education that will make or break me.

no, because:
...but we did include links to the posts where discussion about each firmware starts. Knock yourself out.

Yes, I found that addition to be very useful actually! Thanks. I gave up digging after about 15 pages though
frown.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #10,339 of 18,652
Jan 17, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #10,340 of 18,652
Jan 17, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #10,341 of 18,652

Looks huge. Nice share mate but I can't imagine how it looks on top of my dx50. I'll still go with meenova

so why don't you guys simply swap sd cards ? the black cable looks a lot better. doable for me if i wanted extra storage without swapping.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #10,342 of 18,652
did any of you guys had to pay import taxes?
what price does ibasso declare the retail price?

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #10,344 of 18,652
Jan 17, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #10,345 of 18,652
Sure, sure, I do fully understand that most things are subjective in this hobby, thanks, but there has been a relatively consistent consensus on sound signatures in the early FW releases and what I was hoping for was some input in that regard. At this time, I'm unfortunately unable to mess around with all the various FWs as I am at a very demanding point in my education that will make or break me.

I figure everyone who's done even minimal comparison would agree that any released firmware in the 1.2.x series sounds better than anything with a fruit logo and a name that starts with a lower case "i". There may be some changes along the way from v1.2.2 through 1.2.7. These changes are at most about 1.0 dB in the low end. An adult human being with average hearing probably won't notice the difference through casual listening assuming these differences actually exist. I put them all side by side as best as I could and I believe that I noticed the bass increase but that could simply be my own confirmation bias. Several Head-Fi'ers have posted frequency response graphs showing very flat response with v1.2.7 which supports my suspicions of confirmation bias.

My recommendation: install v1.2.7 if you haven't already, enjoy the music, and don't worry about sound signatures.

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #10,346 of 18,652

I wish they would either build (cheap) DAPs with build in memory (yes, like the Ipod Classic HDD 160GB ones but without moving parts!!...) or make DAPs with SD Memory Card slots or make higher capacity Micro SD cards.

Life is a bitch.

what you could do is buy a ipod classic. and put a ssd in it.
there are tons of mods for the ipod classic like the red wine iMod.

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #10,348 of 18,652
^ To add to what cooperpwc said use the PM function for this kind of info for Pete's sake. Your big brothers might be watching and could make you pay in the future.

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #10,349 of 18,652
  so why don't you guys simply swap sd cards ? the black cable looks a lot better. doable for me if i wanted extra storage without swapping.

It's cumbersome to swap microSD cards while you are nn a train, on a walk about or jogging right? Also if you have unsteady hands you might fumble and a microSD card is small enough to fall into tiny cracks and crevices. In short, it's easy to lose one.

Jan 17, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #10,350 of 18,652
I don't find it hard at all. I guess it depends upon your age and coordination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back