The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 3, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #9,826 of 18,652
  <late comer

I'm on 1.22 (went back from 1.27), scanning time is horrendous (around 20minutes now). How can I know if it's just stuck and what could be the cause? Illegal file names/types?

Sorry if it's been asked before, too many pages to go through :frowning2:

Much appreciated

Yay, finished! Anyone reading this in the same situation- don't be discouraged :> 20-25 minutes but it did end ! Hooray :D

Yep, 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 do bring to the table a VAST improvement in scanning functionality
smile.gif
… you do have to find the sound signature acceptable, of course 
wink_face.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #9,827 of 18,652
Idle hands + leftover solidcore silver cable = New, silver IC for me 
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure my soldering station has paid for itself a couple of times over 
smile.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #9,828 of 18,652
haha why make such a long IC. Cant you just turn the DX50 the other way?

Or is it like an OCD thing where you need both to face the same way? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #9,829 of 18,652
  Idle hands + leftover solidcore silver cable = New, silver IC for me 
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure my soldering station has paid for it self a couple of times over 
smile.gif

Excellent!

I also made one with solid silver Siltech interconnects that were lying dormant in my drawer, terminated with Neutriks...
L3000.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #9,830 of 18,652
  haha why make such a long IC. Cant you just turn the DX50 the other way?

Or is it like an OCD thing where you need both to face the same way
biggrin.gif

You guessed it! I need the headphone output of the PB2 facing towards me when my rig is on the table. This also lets me have both units connected to to their chargers while at my desk.

Excellent!

I also made one with solid silver Siltech interconnects that were lying dormant in my drawer, terminated with Neutriks...
L3000.gif

Thanks! Be sure to post pictures of your work!

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #9,834 of 18,652
Um, the iBasso website seems to have been hijacked. Should we be worried?

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #9,837 of 18,652
Loved the Lyr when I had it, great little amp....huge bang for buck till you get crazy rolling the 6dj8 hah.  Make sure you roll in some lorenz stuggarts/amperex CEN-CEP/amperex white labels in....probably the best I've heard.....ccAs are a bit over rated for the amp IMO.   I need to upgrade to 1.27 and see what the fuss is about, 1.22 has been just fine for me.

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #9,838 of 18,652
  Loved the Lyr when I had it, great little amp....huge bang for buck till you get crazy rolling the 6dj8 hah.  Make sure you roll in some lorenz stuggarts/amperex CEN-CEP/amperex white labels in....probably the best I've heard.....ccAs are a bit over rated for the amp IMO.   I need to upgrade to 1.27 and see what the fuss is about, 1.22 has been just fine for me.

Let's just say I've spent over $3K rolling tubes into the Lyr including most all the ones you mentioned...
redface.gif
  I am currently using Philip Miniwatt E88CC SQ and finding them to be a great all-around tube.  I had six sets of Lorenz Stuttgarts in various forms at one time (when they were $50 ea. from TubeMonger).  The only ones I haven't listened to (yet) are the Amperex USN-CEP tubes.

I was using a laptop as my source but as soon as the DX50 firmware fixed the gapless, it took over as my digital transport.

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back