The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 13, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #8,551 of 18,652
I just tried it and when I turn on EQ volume level drops. I never used the EQ myself the DX50/D12 combo with the top flight kit sound great to me.

You mean when you connect it through the D12 using the digital out and the earphones are connected through the D12 HO, you hear the drop when the EQ is enabled? Did you try to change the custom EQ settings and see if the D12 HO reflects the change?

Dec 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #8,552 of 18,652
You mean when you connect it through the D12 using the digital out and the earphones are connected through the D12 HO, you hear the drop when the EQ is enabled? Did you try to change the custom EQ settings and see if the D12 HO reflects the change?

Yes changing EQ setting does affect sound go through the D12. The different EQ presets have different sounds through headphones. I left custom sliders all at 0 dB setting and went to another one Bass and pulled them all down to -6 dB and the sound drop when you switch between the 2.

Edit: They could be using an external Digital filter in their setup, WD8740 has that ability.

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #8,553 of 18,652
great.. finally today it has arrived.

jesus, does this sound clear! eq off, lo setting, with rockit r-50 iems, ernest ranglin - below the bassline.
i dont wanna know what happens when u plug in some bass heavy phones :wink:
for the moment more than enough bass in this combo (fw. 1.2.6), mids come clear and detailed, but the high hat is king.
cant wait to try some sweet nina simone..

pure bliss.

ps. imo soundstage is not extremely wide, but as far as i understood fw 1.2.2 is wider, but has quite less bass, correct?

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #8,554 of 18,652
The 1.2.6 is working just great for me! 

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #8,555 of 18,652
Yes changing EQ setting does affect sound go through the D12. The different EQ presets have different sounds through headphones. I left custom sliders all at 0 dB setting and went to another one Bass and pulled them all down to -6 dB and the sound drop when you switch between the 2.

Edit: They could be using an external Digital filter in their setup, WD8740 has that ability.

The WM8740 has a very elementary internal digital filter (a sharp or slow roll-off) unlike the WM8741 and the output of the filter is fed internally through the dac to eventually output into the analog lines out. It does allow the internal digital filter to be bypassed by an external one so my feeling is that the digital out is tapped off that iBasso designed external filter instead of the DAC input.

Thanks that is useful information that can be added to the DX50 manual.

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #8,556 of 18,652
today i decided to put protective screen supplied by iBasso, which happened to be complete rubbish, more so major problem was the sticker on folie which you must gently peel off, sadly sticker really sticks or better say sucks so glue remains on screen and removing this was hard.

overall protective screen is low quality, sticker sticks and sucks and whole experience was let down. no way could remove small bubbles. thing sucks

now i confess i like iBasso less for three reasons:

1- screen protector sucks, low quality, small sticker glued like hell and difficult to remove
2- USB cable junk, cheap, has connectivity issues and can go to waste bin
3- silicon case is made of real cheap silicon and collects dust like hell...

so in the end the only thing worth in the package is DX50 itself, the rest can be thrown out including cheapo packaging :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #8,557 of 18,652
today i decided to put protective screen supplied by iBasso, which happened to be complete rubbish, more so major problem was the sticker on folie which you must gently peel off, sadly sticker really sticks or better say sucks so glue remains on screen and removing this was hard.

overall protective screen is low quality, sticker sticks and sucks and whole experience was let down. no way could remove small bubbles. thing sucks

1- screen protector sucks, low quality, small sticker glued like hell and difficult to remove

so in the end the only thing worth in the package is DX50 itself, the rest can be thrown out including cheapo packaging
frown.gif

you should see the fiio x3 silicon case :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #8,561 of 18,652

so in the end the only thing worth in the package is DX50 itself, the rest can be thrown out including cheapo packaging :frowning2:

Here is what I suggest: pack everything up and send it to me, I'll be happy to dispose of it for you :wink:

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #8,564 of 18,652
So, new question, anyone have it where the internal memory of the drive won't mount when you plug it in a computer?  The SD card mounts, but the internal memory disappeared after formatting it. 

*Edit - Fixed it, nvm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back