The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 13, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #8,522 of 18,652
I have an ibasso DX50 with ATH M50. Can i use the Line Output for my headphones without external amp? I think the sound is more clear from LO than the Headphone output.

Yes you can and you're right its clearer

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #8,523 of 18,652
The torch has been passed. By the power of Anakchan am I now the owner of this thread, Lord of The Andals and Guardian of The North. 

Or something like that. Thread title changed, first post cleaned up a bit. All suggestions are welcome 
beerchug.gif

For suggesting this, Skybleu shall be given the estate of Harrenhal.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #8,524 of 18,652
The torch has been passed. By the power of Anakchan am I now the owner of this thread, Lord of The Andals and Guardian of The North. 

Or something like that. Thread title changed, first post cleaned up a bit. All suggestions are welcome :beerchug:

Oooh, the thanks I get for such an amazing idea. :wink: :p

Anyways! I think the firmware updates should be included there:) as well as the new updates in the title as it once was. Thanks!

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #8,525 of 18,652

Or something like that. Thread title changed, first post cleaned up a bit. All suggestions are welcome :beerchug:

So glad it happened, the prior owner did a decent job but now we are on steroid  :beerchug:

Thanks to @Anakchan for passing the torch!

Soren how about a chronological firmware update table with highlights of features provided to complement @SkyBlue above including links?

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #8,526 of 18,652
First suggestion:

List of firmwares and download links. It's a bit troublesome reading, searching and finding where links are in the thread. Also, next to links put the page number where discussion of said firmware began. So people can compare and see which firmware works best for them. Also, put which firmware is official, beta or whatever. The latest firmware people are talking about aren't available from Ibasso so I don't know if it's official or not.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #8,527 of 18,652
Does anybody use the DX50 with a external dac? If yes, what DAC do you use? I'm interested in the DB2.

I have a Portaphile 627X amp coming in soon en was wondering if a external dac would add to the SQ.

By the way: I was looking for a few nice flac files for my DX50. On linnrecords.com you can download a different, free 24-bit Studio Master track every day until Christmas day.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #8,529 of 18,652
Oooh, the thanks I get for such an amazing idea.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Anyways! I think the firmware updates should be included there:) as well as the new updates in the title as it once was. Thanks!

Credit added where credit is due.

So glad it happened, the prior owner did a decent job but now we are on steroid  
beerchug.gif

Thanks to @Anakchan for passing the torch!

Soren how about a chronological firmware update table with highlights of features provided to complement @SkyBlue above including links?

First suggestion:

List of firmwares and download links. It's a bit troublesome reading, searching and finding where links are in the thread. Also, next to links put the page number where discussion of said firmware began. So people can compare and see which firmware works best for them. Also, put which firmware is official, beta or whatever. The latest firmware people are talking about aren't available from Ibasso so I don't know if it's official or not.

If somebody rustles up a firmware timeline with links to where the discussions start, I'll be happy to add it to the first post along with download links. 

I'd do it myself, but I'm a bit busy writing something else... 
smile.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #8,530 of 18,652
I have an ibasso DX50 with ATH M50. Can i use the Line Output for my headphones without external amp? I think the sound is more clear from LO than the Headphone output.

The HO of the DX50 has a measure OI of <0.5 Ohms while LO has a measure OI of ~124 Ohms, if I remember correctly. If you listen through your M50's through the LO you might get insufficent damping and changes in the FR of the M50's.

I'd recommend you use the HO instead. Just my opinion though.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #8,532 of 18,652
Credit added where credit is due.

If somebody rustles up a firmware timeline with links to where the discussions start, I'll be happy to add it to the first post along with download links. 

I'd do it myself, but I'm a bit busy writing something else... :smile:

If your not in a rush once I get home tonight I can come up with that firmware table. I kept every single firmware version I believe from the very first official version. Also the editor is more feature rich and friendlier on my PC. :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #8,533 of 18,652
If your not in a rush once I get home tonight I can come up with that firmware table. I kept every single firmware version I believe from the very first official version. Also the editor is more feature rich and friendlier on my PC.
smily_headphones1.gif

That would be awesome, thanks! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #8,535 of 18,652
 Hail the wise and all knowing Sorensiim.   
beerchug.gif

May you lead with grace and ideally not execute your uncle. 
biggrin.gif

Depends upon uncle's attitude. :^) One country setting new standards for getting in line. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back