The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #8,056 of 18,652
Yeah, I'm going to go with hardware. The headphone jack may have broken loose from the main board. Post #4280 has a photograph of the board showing the jacks soldered directly to it.
yea... ive never had any problems like that. may want to contact ibasso and see what they say about the issue

More like a hardware issue. I always put my dx50 on my back pocket too but I never encountered this issue

Thx for your help guys! I've just contacted iBasso directly, and'll keep you posted on any news.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #8,057 of 18,652
hmmm now which one to choose... .... ...

1.2.2 has the largest number of egregious bugs.
1.2.3beta has a wider soundstage but several really bad bugs and IMO a preponderance of bass.
1.2.5 has the fewest bugs and sounds a lot like 1.2.2 but with a narrower soundstage.

Use 1.2.5 if you a) aren't a bass head, b) don't mind the narrower soundstage or c) have an amplifier and/or headphones that compensates for a and b.
Use 1.2.3beta if you want the wider sound stage and you want the bass and you don't have a kit that offers these and you don't mind a relatively unstable (unusable according to some) experience. It is a beta release after all.
Use 1.2.2 if neither of the above meet your listening wants and you don't mind a few crazy scan and crash bugs.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #8,062 of 18,652
IEMs plugged into the phone out in my DX50 make cracking noises (among other strange symptoms) when the player is being shaken :frowning2:
This makes it impossible to listen to my DX while walking. When carried in the back-pocket of my trousers the DX50 hits my bottom with every step which causes the following symptoms :
- cracking in the left, right or both channels,
- one or both channels are temporarily muted,
- volume in one or both channels is temporarily increased,
- one or both channels are permanently muted.

All of these symptoms occur both separately and combined.

The problem remains the same:
- for firmware versions: 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.5 (these are all I've given a try),
- on a variety of headsets: W4R, ER6i, CAL!,
- on files with different extensions: .ape, .flac, .mp3.
All files were played exclusively from the internal memory.

Does anyone have any clue what could be the cause and what could be done about it? :frowning2:
Are the symptoms described above typical for every DX50?

(Incidentally I'll just add that when the DX is lying undisturbed on my desk it sounds better than amazing :D And paired with W4R it is an absolute eargasm! :3)

I've had this happen to me too when in my pocket. I think someone addressed this in this or the DX50 bug fix post about how it's possibly related to static electricity. I don't think my DX50 (or yours as well) is insulated well to stop being an issue. I'm using the cloth pouch that came with the DX50 to see if that helps matters.

Also, I went back from 1.2.5 to 1.2.2 due to the scanning issues I mentioned in a previous post. Other than some song stopping, haven't had the issues I had with 1.2.5. Still wouldn't recommend it if a person is coming from an ipod due to wildly different experiences by people.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #8,063 of 18,652
I've had this happen to me too when in my pocket. I think someone addressed this in this or the DX50 bug fix post about how it's possibly related to static electricity. I don't think my DX50 (or yours as well) is insulated well to stop being an issue. I'm using the cloth pouch that came with the DX50 to see if that helps matters.

My DX50 has been carried in a silicon case (http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=82) and the pouch from the kit from the very beginning - the symptoms occurred anyway :frowning2:

But on a Polish forum it's been also suggested that static electricity from some internal parts may be the cause.

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #8,064 of 18,652
I thought I would share this leather case that is on Amazon for a whopping $1.82US and free 2 day shipping with Prime.  This is a nice little Olympus camera case that apparently Amazon has too much inventory of and is basically giving away.  The DX50 fits perfectly inside.  I just use it to store my DX50 in my desk drawer or a little extra protection when carrying in my bag.  It has two little pockets in the flap for SD cards and another little pocket inside. Definitely worth $1.82.

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #8,065 of 18,652
Hmmm that makes for even a harder decision... Honestly what i want is not more is less bass.. What i want is a less pronounces treble. Feel like treble is a bit bright rite now and makes the sound thin

what r some of the problems with 1.2.3?

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #8,067 of 18,652
  I thought I would share this leather case that is on Amazon for a whopping $1.82US and free 2 day shipping with Prime.  This is a nice little Olympus camera case that apparently Amazon has too much inventory of and is basically giving away.  The DX50 fits perfectly inside.  I just use it to store my DX50 in my desk drawer or a little extra protection when carrying in my bag.  It has two little pockets in the flap for SD cards and another little pocket inside. Definitely worth $1.82.

it says on amazon this is an "add-on" item. how do i check out and buy an add on item o.o

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #8,068 of 18,652

it says on amazon this is an "add-on" item. how do i check out and buy an add on item o.o

Here's what it says on Amazon:

This item is available because of the Add-on program
The Add-on program allows Amazon to offer thousands of low-priced items that would be cost-prohibitive to ship on their own. These items ship with qualifying orders over $25. Details

I was able to order just this item maybe because I have Prime.  Otherwise, it's available as an add-on when you have >$25 order. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #8,069 of 18,652
Hmmm that makes for even a harder decision... Honestly what i want is not more is less bass.. What i want is a less pronounces treble. Feel like treble is a bit bright rite now and makes the sound thin

Try 1.2.5 and set the EQ to Classical, note the settings, set the EQ to Custom and use the same settings, then reduce the 4K and 16K bands.

what r some of the problems with 1.2.3?

I'll let jon elaborate since he's been using it.

Quote:
Add-on Items ship with orders that contain $25 of items shipped by Amazon.

So, you need to buy $25 worth of merchandise. Shouldn't be hard to do. Get some spare FiiO line-out cables. Get a Porta-Pro or a couple of KSC-75's (alas, the Parts Express headphones are no longer in stock) and some spare ear pads. Upgrade the earpads of your favorite cans.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #8,070 of 18,652
i was afraid that was the only way to get add ons... sigh... gunna have to wait til i actually need something then =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back