The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #8,071 of 18,652
well i tried the 1.2.3... now my dx50 wont go past the beginning loading screen where it says

"Ibasso Audio Digital Audio Player"

i can shut it off but it wont go past that... great. what do i do now

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #8,072 of 18,652
  Yes they do… the first page isn't updated
wink_face.gif
 (it still mentions fw 1.2.2 as the latest)

My review has all of the firmwares right now. The first post isn't up to date at all.

Yes. That is my very point
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #8,073 of 18,652
well i tried the 1.2.3... now my dx50 wont go past the beginning loading screen where it says

"Ibasso Audio Digital Audio Player"

i can shut it off but it wont go past that... great. what do i do now

Had the same repeated issue with the beta sadly, had to go into recovery mode - press and hold volume up and then quickly press and hold power button too. Keep both pressed until it resets, then I selected factory reset from the recovery menu (just selecting reboot wouldn't get me past the welcome screen). Couldn't stay on 1.2.3 for that reason.

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #8,074 of 18,652
1.2.3 did that for me but that is because my download was corrupt. I did it all over again and never had any real issue with the beta FW. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #8,075 of 18,652
Had the same repeated issue with the beta sadly, had to go into recovery mode - press and hold volume up and then quickly press and hold power button too. Keep both pressed until it resets, then I selected factory reset from the recovery menu (just selecting reboot wouldn't get me past the welcome screen). Couldn't stay on 1.2.3 for that reason.

Gotcha thanks a lot

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #8,076 of 18,652
So 1.2.3 is def better to me sonically... But bass extension is prrtty unsatisfying and bass sounds a bit artificial anf plasticky

Hope they have a good sounding fw soon

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #8,077 of 18,652
I'm enjoying playing with my new DX50 so far... I'm on 1.25 and have had a good experience with the UI so far, so the bugs seem to have been mainly ironed out. The only issue was that only half of my album artwork seems to have come across from my iTunes copy.. Amy thoughts?

I'd also like to try a better set of IEMs than my Klipsch S4as. I'm looking at the Ultimate Ears TF10. Is this a good combination? Does anybody have a better suggestion for a great IEM pairing ? Budget is about 300 USD max. thanks!

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #8,078 of 18,652
I'm enjoying playing with my new DX50 so far... I'm on 1.25 and have had a good experience with the UI so far, so the bugs seem to have been mainly ironed out. The only issue was that only half of my album artwork seems to have come across from my iTunes copy.. Amy thoughts?

I'd also like to try a better set of IEMs than my Klipsch S4as. I'm looking at the Ultimate Ears TF10. Is this a good combination? Does anybody have a better suggestion for a great IEM pairing ? Budget is about 300 USD max. thanks!

I suggest UE900.. with iBasso DX50 they are stunning. I had also the TF and the combo was good but not great as with UE900.

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #8,079 of 18,652
I just ordered a dx50 from ibasso. Hopefully I am in the 11th batch which should ship on the tenth.

A quick question how is the digital volume implemented? Will the playback be bit perfect at all volumes?

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #8,082 of 18,652
IEMs plugged into the phone out in my DX50 make cracking noises (among other strange symptoms) when the player is being shaken
frown.gif

This makes it impossible to listen to my DX while walking. When carried in the back-pocket of my trousers the DX50 hits my bottom with every step which causes the following symptoms :
- cracking in the left, right or both channels,
- one or both channels are temporarily muted,
- volume in one or both channels is temporarily increased,
- one or both channels are permanently muted.

All of these symptoms occur both separately and combined.

The problem remains the same:
- for firmware versions: 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.5 (these are all I've given a try),
- on a variety of headsets: W4R, ER6i, CAL!,
- on files with different extensions: .ape, .flac, .mp3.
All files were played exclusively from the internal memory.

Does anyone have any clue what could be the cause and what could be done about it?
frown.gif

Are the symptoms described above typical for every DX50?

(Incidentally I'll just add that when the DX is lying undisturbed on my desk it sounds better than amazing
biggrin.gif
And paired with W4R it is an absolute eargasm! :3)

I suspect you need to check the spring loaded pin is making good contact with your battery cover.

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #8,084 of 18,652
I suspect you need to check the spring loaded pin is making good contact with your battery cover.

You're right. Maybe the ground is not working properly

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #8,085 of 18,652
For fun, I hooked my DX50 up to my Mjolnir/LCD2 to see what it could do and all I can say is wow! I wasn't expecting it to sound this good after reading others say that it didn't do well LO to full sized setups. But it sounded fantastic. It has a slightly different presentation than the PWDmkII DAC the Mjolnir was previously hooked up to, but sounded just as audiophile even with a different signature. I guess it shows what this little DAP can do with the right amp pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back