The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #8,041 of 18,652

Thanks for the info. I am using embedded 600x600, so I will try resizing. I am on firmware 1.2.5 and there is a 2 second break between each song, even with gapless on "close".

Set your Gapless option to 5 seconds and it will fix.

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #8,043 of 18,652

I posted my thoughts here.

Nice impressions. I have been using the DX50 as a source or dap only for some time now. I enjoy my other players but the DX50 really accomplishes everything I need. Quite a feat for 239 dollars or even twice that much. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #8,044 of 18,652
Thanks mate, I think i am going to try the 1.2.3 since i use these mostly on the go. The extra bass would give a needed kick to spice things up.

There's no harm in trying as such. The way the system is designed, it's easy to install any firmware you want. Just be sure to follow the directions. They're posted in the FAQ.

BTW anyone has a link besides the ibasso one? Its so slow

Search for Sorensiim's posts. He should still have mirrors of the more recent firmware files.

Thanks for the info. I am using embedded 600x600, so I will try resizing. I am on firmware 1.2.5 and there is a 2 second break between each song, even with gapless on "close".

Read the FAQ.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #8,045 of 18,652
IEMs plugged into the phone out in my DX50 make cracking noises (among other strange symptoms) when the player is being shaken :frowning2:
This makes it impossible to listen to my DX while walking. When carried in the back-pocket of my trousers the DX50 hits my bottom with every step which causes the following symptoms :
- cracking in the left, right or both channels,
- one or both channels are temporarily muted,
- volume in one or both channels is temporarily increased,
- one or both channels are permanently muted.

All of these symptoms occur both separately and combined.

The problem remains the same:
- for firmware versions: 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.5 (these are all I've given a try),
- on a variety of headsets: W4R, ER6i, CAL!,
- on files with different extensions: .ape, .flac, .mp3.
All files were played exclusively from the internal memory.

Does anyone have any clue what could be the cause and what could be done about it? :frowning2:
Are the symptoms described above typical for every DX50?

(Incidentally I'll just add that when the DX is lying undisturbed on my desk it sounds better than amazing :D And paired with W4R it is an absolute eargasm! :3)

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #8,046 of 18,652
IEMs plugged into the phone out in my DX50 make cracking noises (among other strange symptoms) when the player is being shaken :frowning2:
This makes it impossible to listen to my DX while walking. When carried in the back-pocket of my trousers the DX50 hits my bottom with every step which causes the following symptoms :
- cracking in the left , right or both channels,
- one or both channels are temporarily muted,
- volume in one or both channels is temporarily increased,
- one or both channels are permanently muted.

All of these symptoms occur both separately and combined.

The problem remains the same:
- for firmware versions: 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.5,
- on a variety of headsets: W4R, ER6i, CAL!,
- on files with different extensions: .ape, .flac, .mp3.
All files were played exclusively from the internal memory.

Does anyone have any idea what to do about it ? :frowning2:
Are the symptoms described above typical for every DX50?

(Incidentally I'll just add that when the DX is lying undisturbed on my desk it sounds better than amazing :D And paired with W4R it is an absolute eargasm! :3)

More like a hardware issue. I always put my dx50 on my back pocket too but I never encountered this issue

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #8,048 of 18,652
also can someone direct me to where theyre getting version 1.2.3 or 1.2.5. on the ibasso download page the most recent one is 1.2.2 
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #8,054 of 18,652
Haven't tried other fw since my dx50 came with 1.2.5. Too much bass for me but I'm getting use to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back