The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #5,656 of 18,652
Anyone know if the DX50 has a reset button?

If your DX50 still fails to do anything even remotely useful, I think it's time for an RMA. Get in touch with Ibasso and ask for a replacement.
none that i know of - like those little holes that one pokes to reset a unit. we can force it to shutdown by pressing and holding the power button until it turns off.

Or you could do a battery pull.

Nov 1, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #5,657 of 18,652
The headphone out on my DX50 seems loose. When I plug in any of my IEMs I don't get the snug fit I usually get on other HO. But the Line Out is tighter. Is this normal?

I don't hear any problem with the sound though. I already completed 2 charging cycles. So far I don't hear any differences in the sound.

As far as glitches goes I only had to do a hard-reset (power + play buttons) once because it's not responding. I don't know what I did but I can't re-create it since.

So far, I like the sound. If it stays like this or better yet improve as I go along I might ground my M8/iPod combination and put the M8 to desktop duty only. Only if Ibasso stretches the DX50 to accept USB digital input I might put up the M8 for sale :). Up next, will bring DX50 while jogging later and see if I uncover any issues.

Nov 1, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #5,659 of 18,652
So I managed to properly fix my DX50, I found out it wasn't the back cover that was at fault of bad grounding, it was the plastic fascia below that was actually inhibiting the back cover properly touching the pin (the pin was not above the plastic fascia). At first I thought all is lost and I can't fix this, but then I thought I would try take out the screws of the plastic fascia and then re-screw them while starting at the screws near the pin grounding, also while compressing the fascia tightly. End result is that the pin is now where it should be, slightly above the fascia, and the back cover contacts it without a problem, no aluminium foil needed :p And my DX50 has never sounded better. I am officially a fully fledged DX50 fan again, actually even more of a fan than before, as the my DX50 just sounded great before the grounding issue, now it sounds amazing 
biggrin.gif
 Now I just need a good amp!

Nov 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #5,661 of 18,652
Hello friends!

I'm new proud owner of DX50 (from russia, moscow sorry for bad English). 

Love it, but waiting for new firmware.
Hope they'll make cue works at last.

Welcome aboard the DX50 Train! :)

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #5,664 of 18,652
  Dunno about others, but mine's loose too (in general). However, 2 of my IEMs - Senn IE8 and IE80 seem to be plugging in the HO quite firmly unlike others...

The HO on my was extremely tight fitting, especially with the Viablue plug on one of my cables. I was afraid that I might break something by using it!
  So I managed to properly fix my DX50, I found out it wasn't the back cover that was at fault of bad grounding, it was the plastic fascia below that was actually inhibiting the back cover properly touching the pin (the pin was not above the plastic fascia). At first I thought all is lost and I can't fix this, but then I thought I would try take out the screws of the plastic fascia and then re-screw them while starting at the screws near the pin grounding, also while compressing the fascia tightly. End result is that the pin is now where it should be, slightly above the fascia, and the back cover contacts it without a problem, no aluminium foil needed :p And my DX50 has never sounded better. I am officially a fully fledged DX50 fan again, actually even more of a fan than before, as the my DX50 just sounded great before the grounding issue, now it sounds amazing 
biggrin.gif
 Now I just need a good amp!

Very happy you were able to solve it! I have a thread about finding the perfect amp for the DX50 here: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/687288/so-im-looking-for-that-perfect-amp

Hello friends!

I'm new proud owner of DX50 (from russia, moscow sorry for bad English). 

Love it, but waiting for new firmware.
Hope they'll make cue works at last.

Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet.

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #5,670 of 18,652
im not young one ))  ive owe some audio things ) adcom pre and amp, JMlab speakers etc..

Well, I'm not saying you are, but its routine for all Head-Fi members to feel at some stage that their wallets will cry from depletion. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back