The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 1, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #5,626 of 18,652
new firmware today!
biggrin.gif

Link to download please... if there's one newer than 1.2.2

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #5,633 of 18,652
I think it was mentioned somewhere that they'll be releasing either a 1.2.4 or 1.2.5 firmware today.

yup that's supposedly today meaning Friday.

while my dx50 is set to arrive friday I may just wait to update to the new firmware.

I also have in my position the BH2 and I just ordered the C5 so I'll be doing a direct comparison within the next few weeks. I'm really looking forward to it!

I also expressed our concern and frustration to iBasso and they said they are going to keep working on the firmware as best they can.

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #5,635 of 18,652
can you still do a factory reinstall via the recovery menu? - power + up buttons.

power + and up buttons bring me to the recovery menu. that have 3 options - 1. reboot 2.update from SD 3. factory reset/wipe data.

not sure how to do the factory re-install the software?

I'm trying all options if all else fails. I just need to RMA this or negotiate to get a D12 instead to pair with my reliable rockboxed iriver H120

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #5,637 of 18,652
Got my replacement DX50 from iBasso and have left it running for 40 hours.

Doesn't sound as good as my last one, and sounds worse than my cheapo Fiio E17.

Sounds slightly closed in, less dynamic, less detailed.

I have reset, reloaded, rebooted, checked ground connection, using hi-gain and so on. Very unhappy since I can't return this one, since there's ostensibly nothing wrong with it.

triportsad.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #5,638 of 18,652

I have reset, reloaded, rebooted, checked ground connection, using hi-gain and so on. Very unhappy since I can't return this one, since there's ostensibly nothing wrong with it.

triportsad.gif

...did you fully charge it yet?

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #5,639 of 18,652
Er, yes - to play for 40 hours it has to be kept on the charger, resulting in a full charge. And no, the difference can't be the battery - because when you have to send a dead DX50 back to iBasso they tell you to keep the battery, the result being that the battery I am using now is the battery I was using on my first DX50.

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #5,640 of 18,652

triportsad.gif

Make sure you replace the battery with a 120% vanadium-palladium alloy mix from randnung and use a 2000 GB solid gold SDXXXXXXXXXXXC card from landmend. It will increased the soundstage by 900%, introduce details that were never there before and make everything sound so dynamic it will make your cans and IEMs dance whenever you listen to the music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back