The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #5,672 of 18,652
Nov 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #5,673 of 18,652

Agreed! Please share any and all tips you have on how to revive the DX50!

sure thing. but it still hangs so I'm still waiting for the new FW if it fixes the hang ups. so far, I'm stuck with 1.2.0 as the most "usable" firmware for my unit.

not good with documentation so I'll just provide the rough procedure over PM :)

*BIG THANKS to santhoshr for sharing over the PM regarding the tool

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #5,674 of 18,652

sure thing. but it still hangs so I'm still waiting for the new FW if it fixes the hang ups. so far, I'm stuck with 1.2.0 as the most "usable" firmware for my unit.

really strange, even amazing thing.. as for me 1.2.0 was much worse and unstable...

it's made me suppose, that construction of the device from different batches are significally various...or assembling quality are not stable

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #5,675 of 18,652
  The HO on my was extremely tight fitting, especially with the Viablue plug on one of my cables. I was afraid that I might break something by using it!

Now that I have tried with various other plugs and IEMs, I think that it's really more of a fitment issue with different plugs.
But still, it never felt like it was about to break or something, with any of my plugs.

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #5,678 of 18,652
nope... 1.2.0 - i've immidiately have several annoing hungs...then it stops workin with my notebooks via usb-cable.. and i've to reset it from recovery,-
after uppin firmware - no hangs at all (i hope it will not become so bloody-minded to teach me not to brag).

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #5,679 of 18,652
Love my 7th batch DX50!  I just sold my Fiio X3 and decided to keep the DX. I feel the DX has much better synergy with my W4R, better instrument separation and no bloated mid bass like I felt the X3 had. Now if iBasso can just get some more of the bugs worked out.......

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #5,680 of 18,652
  Love my 7th batch DX50!  I just sold my Fiio X3 and decided to keep the DX. I feel the DX has much better synergy with my W4R, better instrument separation and no bloated mid bass like I felt the X3 had. Now if iBasso can just get some more of the bugs worked out.......

i just feel the same with you. the x3 really give me a bloated mid bass which gives the sound a little muddy.
The dx50 is much more neutral to me.

I also get a tralucent audio T1 to pair with my dx50. this pair is heaven.

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #5,682 of 18,652
That is so 1990, man.
Renewable energy is the real deal!
The future of DAP and smartphone batteries belongs to lemons.

Lemon batteries bring sooo many advantages with them!
Depending on the sort and size of the lemon you get a huge change in SQ and sound signature.
If your lemon runs out of juice, you can always use the leftovers for baking a cake or other delicious treats!
And isn't it just way more stylish and handy to carry a bag of lemons with you instead of one of these lame-ass battery recharge thingys ?

Embrace the lemon and start powering your mobile devices through the power of electrolytes today!

not good with documentation so I'll just provide the rough procedure over PM :)

*BIG THANKS to santhoshr for sharing over the PM regarding the tool

so... can get get a post of what the tool I'm thinking about getting one of these while my HM 801 is out for repair. I would like to hear what all the fuss is about honestly, seeing as before I deiceded to get the 801 I was looking at the DX 50

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #5,683 of 18,652

so... can get get a post of what the tool I'm thinking about getting one of these while my HM 801 is out for repair. I would like to hear what all the fuss is about honestly, seeing as before I deiceded to get the 801 I was looking at the DX 50

updating the firmware is sometimes a miss or hit case. In my case, without the RKbatchtool, firmware updating was a game of luck to the point of rebooting without the update to be completely successful. My unit bricked itself, fortunately there's such a tool.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?5173-New-Rockchip-Batch-Tool-v1-7-Plus-v3-5-Drivers

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #5,684 of 18,652

updating the firmware is sometimes a miss or hit case. In my case, without the RKbatchtool, firmware updating was a game of luck to the point of rebooting without the update to be completely successful. My unit bricked itself, fortunately there's such a tool.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?5173-New-Rockchip-Batch-Tool-v1-7-Plus-v3-5-Drivers

,,,this link was hidden... I wonder why? Either way thanks for sharing! Either way some one might end up with my DX 50 :3 hopefully I can get enough time to get it working nicely and sounding nice as well 

Although I don't think the Clean sound of the Portable is what I want for my portable set. As I like the Hifiman sound on the go, that + a super clean amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back