The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #5,316 of 18,652
Yeah I slipped down the rabbit hole of PB2 op-amp rolling a couple of days ago - the thread is packed with so many numbers and comments and references, my head was spinning.  The pictures were of no use - total mystery.  But interesting.  

My screws that hold down the top of my PB2 is permanently off. The only thing holding the cover on is the elastic band that's tying the DX50 and the PB2 together also. It makes it easier to drop in op-amps for a different sound. It doesn't make much sense until you have one in front of you

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #5,317 of 18,652
Anyone else agree there is an iBasso house sound?

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #5,318 of 18,652

Rolling rolling rolling. No need for terms, just pop them in and try out the sound on the different combinations of amps and buffers

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #5,319 of 18,652
Hey guys,

From my freezing up issues I posted about last week, I wasn't able to resolve them by formatting my SD card and reloading the music on it.  Also tried it at FAT32 this time instead of exFAT.  

I sent iBasso a support email, the reply may interest you guys:

"Hi,
We are going to release a new firmware on this Friday.  It is more stable, and to address and hang and freezing up problems.  Please test it first.  If you still get freezing up problems, then we would consider your DX50 as DOA and will replace it.
Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Sincerely
iBasso Audi"

So, newer firmware to replace 1.2.2 this Friday.  :)

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #5,323 of 18,652
I've been having some issues with some albums lately. At first it was just one album, then another one started failing, and now a 3rd just added to the list. Has anyone experienced some playback issues like, when you start playing the first track, it plays the first 2 or 3 seconds on the track, then skips to the next track, plays the first 2 or 3 seconds on that track, then skips again, and it forms a loop? The player doesn't hang though, i can still pick another album so i can still use the DX50 when this happens, but it is annoying, since those albums were working before, and they do work fine in Foobar...

So far i've done 2 factory resets, 3 formats to the SD card (2 fast formats and 1 slow format) and 2 reloads of my whole playlist... and still happens. Does anyone have an idea how can i fix this annoying "bug" (i don't know if i can call it a bug since it's only happening to me i guess), or is someone experiencing this issue? Thank you in advance for any kind of help you guys can give me with this issue... 

Oct 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #5,324 of 18,652
  I've been having some issues with some albums lately. At first it was just one album, then another one started failing, and now a 3rd just added to the list. Has anyone experienced some playback issues like, when you start playing the first track, it plays the first 2 or 3 seconds on the track, then skips to the next track, plays the first 2 or 3 seconds on that track, then skips again, and it forms a loop? The player doesn't hang though, i can still pick another album so i can still use the DX50 when this happens, but it is annoying, since those albums were working before, and they do work fine in Foobar...

So far i've done 2 factory resets, 3 formats to the SD card (2 fast formats and 1 slow format) and 2 reloads of my whole playlist... and still happens. Does anyone have an idea how can i fix this annoying "bug" (i don't know if i can call it a bug since it's only happening to me i guess), or is someone experiencing this issue? Thank you in advance for any kind of help you guys can give me with this issue... 

On multiple accounts I've had my player play the first few seconds of a song, stop and then jump backwards to whichever album it was last playing before i changed albums and start playing that again.  happens whenever I go to a new album and start playing a song, as once it starts playing hit the power button to turn the screen off and then adjust the volume immediately thereafter.  The problem never happens if I change the volume before turning the screen off, or being more slow between actions.  

Potentially not related to your issue though.

Oct 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #5,325 of 18,652

I have had the same issue word for word. It is annoying as hell, specially if you have the volume up a bit. I have had to do a hard restart to fix it once. I notice it more when my battery is getting low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back