The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #5,326 of 18,652
Hey guys,

From my freezing up issues I posted about last week, I wasn't able to resolve them by formatting my SD card and reloading the music on it.  Also tried it at FAT32 this time instead of exFAT.  

I sent iBasso a support email, the reply may interest you guys:

"Hi,
We are going to release a new firmware on this Friday.  It is more stable, and to address and hang and freezing up problems.  Please test it first.  If you still get freezing up problems, then we would consider your DX50 as DOA and will replace it.
Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Sincerely
iBasso Audi"

So, newer firmware to replace 1.2.2 this Friday.  :)

are you sure this is not the 1.2.2 we have already?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #5,327 of 18,652
Thank you for your constructive, useful input. Your insight will be of great help to those who are looking for a non-Apple dap.

Nothing is wrong with the DX50 at all. It is completely useable nor no one is being a guinea pig. It is not completely stable though, but stop assuming this is a beta device. It is not! I'm sure 90% of users are completely happy with it!

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #5,329 of 18,652
Nothing is wrong with the DX50 at all. It is completely useable nor no one is being a guinea pig. It is not completely stable though, but stop assuming this is a beta device. It is not! I'm sure 90% of users are completely happy with it!

That's quite a bold claim.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #5,334 of 18,652

My order was done on October 16th. You should get an em,ail soon.

I am still waiting, no confirmation, how long it took you?

Im also curious about this. no confirmation for me either =( I ordered it 10/23. Why does time go slower when you're waiting for something?

My order was done on October 16th. You should get an em,ail soon.

Umm... I think some of us will have to wait a little bit. Here you have an extract of a chat I have just had with them:

<Sorry that your order has not been mailed out yet. We are waiting for iBasso to send us more stock. The stock is expected to arrive by early next week. We will have your order mailed out as soon as the stock arrives. It should take 2-5 days for the order to arrive once we mail out your order>.

My order was done on October 24th.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #5,335 of 18,652
  I've been having some issues with some albums lately. At first it was just one album, then another one started failing, and now a 3rd just added to the list. Has anyone experienced some playback issues like, when you start playing the first track, it plays the first 2 or 3 seconds on the track, then skips to the next track, plays the first 2 or 3 seconds on that track, then skips again, and it forms a loop? The player doesn't hang though, i can still pick another album so i can still use the DX50 when this happens, but it is annoying, since those albums were working before, and they do work fine in Foobar...

So far i've done 2 factory resets, 3 formats to the SD card (2 fast formats and 1 slow format) and 2 reloads of my whole playlist... and still happens. Does anyone have an idea how can i fix this annoying "bug" (i don't know if i can call it a bug since it's only happening to me i guess), or is someone experiencing this issue? Thank you in advance for any kind of help you guys can give me with this issue... 

I have had the same issue word for word. It is annoying as hell, specially if you have the volume up a bit. I have had to do a hard restart to fix it once. I notice it more when my battery is getting low.

I also had that issue after the latest update. I have noticed it with 2 songs. Interestingly, both were the same AC/DC song, but off 2 separate albums (Back in Black and the Iron Man 2 soundtrack, I believe)

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #5,336 of 18,652
Mehhhhh......for F's sakes
I just received my replacement DX50 today. The good news, My unit plugs into my laptop fine now and I was able to update quickly and easily to the latest firmware. The bad news, I've reformatted my SDCard and I'm recopying my files. For whatever reason all my files were showing up after the FW update jumbled up and out of order. Why? I have no freaking clue, they were populated just fine with the original FW. I tried shutting down the unit removing the card powering it on and then powering the unit off and reinserting the SDcard then powering it on to force it to rescan the card and maybe fix whatever was causing my files t be out of order. The friggin unit refused to scan my card and the only way to repopulate the player was to go into the card manually and hit play on a song. From there the DX50 would do a quick scan and add the one album to its cache. I have a full 64GB card doing this manually would take forever. I've reset the player and I've pulled the card and reformatted it. I'm recopying my files as I write this.

So anyone got any ideas?

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #5,337 of 18,652
Some of your files are preventing it to scan... I encountered similar issue with the latest firmware... I tried to divide and conquer and found long file names could cause issue

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #5,338 of 18,652
Umm... I think some of us will have to wait a little bit. Here you have an extract of a chat I have just had with them:

[COLOR=454545].[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]My order was done on October 24th.[/COLOR]

Been told that as well. Ordered on Oct. 23. Good news is that it'll be a seventh batch and hopefully with the 1.2.2 firmware. Or maybe the one they say is coming out on Friday. I'm good for now with the ipod+leck and a clip zip. I can wait til end of next week. :cool:

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #5,339 of 18,652
  no offense. Am just trying to stress that DX50 is absolutely an awesome product :)

Dude, you seriously got to be trolling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back