The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 25, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #4,951 of 18,652
Well I did a single-blind test with stock (pisen), additional free stock (pisen), anker 2200mAh, Samsung S3 stock (Korea).

Tried with JH13PRO FP and Tralucent 1plus2, my only conclusion is my ears are not sensitive enough to detect a difference (if any) consistently. Your ears may vary.

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #4,952 of 18,652
Well I did a single-blind test with stock (pisen), additional free stock (pisen), anker 2200mAh, Samsung S3 stock (Korea).

Tried with JH13PRO FP and Tralucent 1plus2, my only conclusion is my ears are not sensitive enough to detect a difference (if any) consistently. Your ears may vary.

cmon man, your ruining the audiophile superstitions, I was about about to start a new religion called the "Apostles of the Holy Battery" :p

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #4,953 of 18,652
I actually have it, no joke. It's served me well for half a year and is currently in my S3. Lasts longer than the stock.

So, have you compared it to the stock DX50 battery? Any difference in SQ you heard between them? Interested to know as I have a pre-order for the iBasso with MP4Nation coming in real soon. Thanks in advance.

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #4,954 of 18,652
what is the model number for these made in japan samsung batteries? is this it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-2100mAh-Standard-Battery-Replacement-Spare-Batteries-New-/190914292895?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c7360ec9f

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #4,955 of 18,652
Audiophilie = desperate.............??
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #4,956 of 18,652
  what is the model number for these made in japan samsung batteries? is this it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-2100mAh-Standard-Battery-Replacement-Spare-Batteries-New-/190914292895?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c7360ec9f

there wont be a seller that only sells the japan ones, they will have a mix of korean and japanese, but most of them are korea. the only way is to ask the seller if they will pick out a "cell made in Japan" version for you.

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #4,959 of 18,652
It's hard not to be impressed by a DAP that works perfectly out of the box. My DX50 came with 1.2.2 already installed. I plugged in my 128 GB FAT32-formatted HDXC via the Sintech adapter and the DX50 asked if I want to scan or browse by folder. My files are all sorted by Genre/Artist/Album so I chose browse and it works... well... perfectly. I'm a Rockbox fanatic but really this GUI is pretty sweet - if a little more fidgety with clumsy fingers.

Regarding locking but leaving the volume control available, if I touch the power button to turn off the screen, that is what I get. Yes the three big buttons still work but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Initial thoughts regarding gain: it actually seems to affect power output. So on a sensitive IEM like the Heaven VI, I get a thicker bassier sound on high gain but more delicacy and air on low. The high gain is a bit more of a forward sound which is why I think so many people like it.

I have tried amping the line out a bit but I am thinking that the DX50 has a pretty good amp already. There is plenty of power. It is way to early to reach any final conclusions though; I am just a getting started.

Overall I am very pleased. It sounds great with both the Heaven VI and Flat4 KAEDE.

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #4,960 of 18,652

If you are convinced that there is a sound difference by swapping different brand batteries, then I am sure you will hear a difference 
beyersmile.png

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #4,961 of 18,652
  It's hard not to be impressed by a DAP that works perfectly out of the box. My DX50 came with 1.2.2 already installed. I plugged in my 128 GB FAT32-formatted HDXC via the Sintech adapter and the DX50 asked if I want to scan or browse by folder. My files are all sorted by Genre/Artist/Album so I chose browse and it works... well... perfectly. I'm a Rockbox fanatic but really this GUI is pretty sweet - if a little more fidgety with clumsy fingers.

Regarding locking but leaving the volume control available, if I touch the power button to turn off the screen, that is what I get. Yes the three big buttons still work but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Initial thoughts regarding gain: it actually seems to affect power output. So on a sensitive IEM like the Heaven VI, I get a thicker bassier sound on high gain but more delicacy and air on low. The high gain is a bit more of a forward sound - excellent with the KAEDE.

I have tried amping the line out a bit but I am thinking that the DX50 has a pretty good amp already. There is plenty of power. It is way to early to reach any final conclusions though; I am just a getting started.

Overall I am very pleased. It sounds great with both the Heaven VI and Flat4 KAEDE.

wow that diy card reading device is spectacular!
what is it look like at the mini usb?

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #4,962 of 18,652
  wow that diy card reading device is spectacular!
what is it look like at the mini usb?

Actually it is a SD to micro-SD adapter that you can purchase. My installation however is very DIY.  :)

(This adapter from Sintech is intended for cell phone testing. It is not built for consumer use and the wire band is very delicate. Therefore taping it in place is essential.)

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #4,965 of 18,652
The bass is definitely better controlled and less bloated in low gain.

I am going against the grain here: at least with IEMs, low gain on the DX50 is technically better. I can see why the in-your-face presentation of high gain appeals though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back