The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 25, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #4,936 of 18,652

I might push for the Samsung battery then, since is a lot easier to get the official batteries in my country. I might try them when i get my hands on one and check if the SQ really changes.

I don't know if you could do a blind test with a single battery, but i'm guessing it would be easier with 2 DX50's.

I wouldn't just yet, the sound between the two batteries are getting more similar with burn in.

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #4,937 of 18,652
Yes, different batteries provide massive sound difference.. if you have the chance to get some plutonium powered cells, your dx50 will provide you some really atomic out of this world experience sound... :wink:

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #4,938 of 18,652
Yes, different batteries provide massive sound difference.. if you have the chance to get some plutonium powered cells, your dx50 will provide you some really atomic out of this world experience sound...
wink.gif

please dont bluff me...i google and i cant find any battery cell make from plutonium...the best is lithium or nimh.. :frowning2:

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #4,940 of 18,652
Yes, different batteries provide massive sound difference.. if you have the chance to get some plutonium powered cells, your dx50 will provide you some really atomic out of this world experience sound...
wink.gif

It actually makes sense that a better battery delivers better sound quality, if the original battery is not good at delivering the right amount of power to the DAP. But since no one's messured the original battery vs the "replacement", it's easy to dismiss it. I wonder how many people would change the battery after a measure test that shows that a new battery does change the SQ.

I for one don't mind trying them since it's not that much of an investment to "see" if it changes or not. If it doesn't work, i can sell the battery, since most of my friends use the S3 as their cellphone (i'm still stuck on the S2, so no trying with my original battery :p).

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #4,941 of 18,652

I wouldn't just yet, the sound between the two batteries are getting more similar with burn in.

Ok, when I thought the sound was getting more similar it was just the DX50 burning in, changing the sound with both batteries to be more refined. At this point in time the differences I noted still stand. And to further my suspicion of the KINPS battery being more powerful, there is a VERY large pop through the earphones with the KINPS battery, on turn on, with the stock battery its just a little click on turn on (both on high gain). I will be honest I have found that I prefer the stock battery with some of my earphones, and the KINPS battery with some, as they offer different sound signatures.

The stock battery has more treble and also better treble extension but sounds sibilant with some earphones, others it sounds great, the stock battery has a more natural and transparent midrange. The bass is rolled of, sub bass mostly is absent, mid bass is decent. The stock battery sounds more balanced leaning towards bright, with sibilant treble with some earphones and sub bass roll of with some earphones, but great mids.

The Kinps battery has more bass, and better bass extension, sub bass is just as loud as mid bass, The mids aren't as real as the stock battery a bit less defined and more smooth, hard to explain, Its kind of like the stock battery has sparkle in the mids, just like it has sparkle in the treble, The Kinps battery tames the sound, it sounds less refined in the end due to the stock battery having a more airy sparkly mids. The treble also has much less sparkle and a bit less in amount than stock battery. The Kinps battery is a V shaped sound, with the mids being smooth, while the treble has more energy than the mids, and the bass right next to the treble.

Decided I can't resist trying out a samsung battery, does anyone know where I can get the fabled Made in Japan Samsung battery?

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #4,942 of 18,652

Decided I can't resist trying out a samsung battery, does anyone know where I can get the fabled Made in Japan Samsung battery?

I'm thinking of picking one up as well.

To all you laughing at the battery talk, thinking it's just another audiophile stupidity like people shielding their optical cables and burning in their RCA plugs: Don't. The battery is resposible for delivering enough power for the amp to work its magic. If the battery can't keep up with the amp's demands, the amp (and thereby the sound) will suffer. We're probably not talking night and day differences here, but it's very likely that there will be a difference. A Danish head-fi'er lives not too far from me and has a DX50 as well - if I get my hands on a Samsung battery I might meet up with him so we can A/B test the stock battery against the Samsung.

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #4,943 of 18,652
  I'm thinking of picking one up as well.

To all you laughing at the battery talk, thinking it's just another audiophile stupidity like people shielding their optical cables and burning in their RCA plugs: Don't. The battery is resposible for delivering enough power for the amp to work its magic. If the battery can't keep up with the amp's demands, the amp (and thereby the sound) will suffer. We're probably not talking night and day differences here, but it's very likely that there will be a difference. A Danish head-fi'er lives not too far from me and has a DX50 as well - if I get my hands on a Samsung battery I might meet up with him so we can A/B test the stock battery against the Samsung.

but the pisen brand that come with DX50 look quite quality...i have switch my wife S3 with this Pisen battery and the battery life yield the same with the original samsung battery.

how much can it be different with comparing Pisen and Samsung..? i have 3 original S3 original battery ranging from made in korea, vietnam and japan...

they all sound same to me :frowning2:

Oct 25, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #4,944 of 18,652
  but the pisen brand that come with DX50 look quite quality...i have switch my wife S3 with this Pisen battery and the battery life yield the same with the original samsung battery.

how much can it be different with comparing Pisen and Samsung..? i have 3 original S3 original battery ranging from made in korea, vietnam and japan...

Oh I'm not saying that there IS a definite difference, I simply stated that there very well could be 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #4,945 of 18,652

What earphones are you using? I found that the sound change between batteries was much more apparent with certain earphones, while not so noticeable (but still there) with others, I think lower impedance and or higher sensitivity, earphones may be possibly affected more. at least I find it more noticeable on my 16 ohm earphones over my 32 ohm earphones.

Oct 25, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #4,946 of 18,652

What earphones are you using? I found that the sound change between batteries was much more apparent with certain earphones, while not so noticeable (but still there) with others, I think lower impedance and or higher sensitivity, earphones may be possibly affected more. at least I find it more noticeable on my 16 ohm earphones over my 32 ohm earphones.

i only have westone um3x rc and westone 4R..

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #4,950 of 18,652
Someone should really get this one and test it :D it must feel really good when you have a ******* golden battery in your electronic equipement :D
I actually have it, no joke. It's served me well for half a year and is currently in my S3. Lasts longer than the stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back