The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #4,757 of 18,652
  hmmm .. is there something I ned to do to get the unit to scan the SD card upon booting?  It is not scanning anymore on startup.

i mentioned it earlier, plug in usb, and unplug. or you can take out the sd card and stick it back in. either will start the scan

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #4,759 of 18,652
  Okay, totally random Q here.

I am impatiently awaiting arrival of my DX50 (seventh batch).

I currently use a rockboxed ipod classic playing high quality FLAC files, dock out and Fiio E7 amp, my cans are KEF M500 and Sennheiser Momentum.

What kind of differences and improvements can I expect with the DX50? Improved mids? more accurate bass?

Please whet my appetite even more.

Do not have those headphones, although used  to own (past tense) a Fiio E7, until my DX50 arrived. Sold the E7 within 3 days after my DX50 arrived.
The dac section of E7 is definitely no match for the DX50. 
Regarding the amp section of DX50, even the Fiio E12 does not offer a definitive step up from the line out of DX50.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #4,760 of 18,652
Okay, totally random Q here.

I am impatiently awaiting arrival of my DX50 (seventh batch).

I currently use a rockboxed ipod classic playing high quality FLAC files, dock out and Fiio E7 amp, my cans are KEF M500 and Sennheiser Momentum.

What kind of differences and improvements can I expect with the DX50? Improved mids? more accurate bass?

Please whet my appetite even more.

As far as comparing it to the classic, it beats it hands down. I sold mine a little while back and do not miss it one bit. You should be pleased with it, and now with the firmware improvement people are talking about, what else can I say.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #4,761 of 18,652
The new firmware works nicely, the best upgrade for me is that i can finally add whole albums to a playlist. I already made like 7 playlists... though the screen might be a little more sensitive than it used to.

I have a question though, right now i'm using my M50's with mid-gain (around 190 of volume, since i'm in my house), and i feel that it sounds a little flatter than it used to, might be even 1.1.6, but i don't want to test the highs yet, it just doesn't have the same impact that it used to on the lower bass, is it just me, or anyone else feel it too?

Thanks for sharing the link Sorensiim, didn't even looked at the ibasso link :p

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #4,763 of 18,652
I placed an order for DX50 over the weekend. So far I have only received a paypal receipt. Do iBasso normally send out order confirmation emails?

How long does it normally take them to dispatch orders? 

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #4,764 of 18,652
  I placed an order for DX50 over the weekend. So far I have only received a paypal receipt. Do iBasso normally send out order confirmation emails?

How long does it normally take them to dispatch orders? 

For me, they didn't send out a confirmation email. They answered when I asked about the status and also sent me the tracking number when the device had been picked up from them.
According to their web page, the 7th batch will ship on 30/10, so you should get an email shortly after that.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #4,765 of 18,652
  Got my update to work - must have been low battery, as the steps I took were the same before/after charging.  Trouble is now tracks that were in the correct order are now out of order for many albums!  Aye!

Redid factory reset w/o SD card, put SD card back in to force rescan and everything looks in order now.  Oddly a single track on one of the albums is still out of whack - must be something with metadata for that guy.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #4,766 of 18,652
never thought i'd be happy to say this but my DX50 battery indicator has dropped below 50%!!! wooooo! it works hahaha.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #4,767 of 18,652
I've updated and did the factory reset, but all my music files are still there and were not erased. Is this normal?

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #4,768 of 18,652
media scan doesn't pop up on first boot, I had to connect to computer through usb and disconnect to start the media scan. But aside from that, it works well!

I want this on DX100! Lol I guess Linux is easier than Android to implement. Convert the DX100 to Linux! Sorry for the OT

Nice work iBasso :) mine (used, got from a friend) is going to arrive today hopefully :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #4,769 of 18,652
I swear by (insert favorite deity), if they did not fix the stupid jump-back-to-the-top-in-directory-mode bug I will rain hellfire on iBassos office!
Once I get hold on some hellfire, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back