The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #4,787 of 18,652
  Damn, it turns out it only works for some songs. The soundstage has gotten bigger, I swear.

It turns out that all my songs after N are stuffed up. Any idea why?

Quote:
Me too. And here I thought it was just my imagination working overtime!

I thought you guys went for happy hours together but noticed that it has gotten wider too. I hope it's not group think.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #4,788 of 18,652
What happened to the media scanning right after the boot up?

Wow, did they finally get rid of that totally unnecessary step - thank god. Does this mean that when you turn the device on, it goes to the now playing screen and allows you to start from where you left off? That was my favorite functionality with the iPod - being able to just simply hit the play button twice and instantly be able start where you left off. Now if only they can FW away the required startup time with an Apple-like sleep mode and allow us to play from where we last left off within two clicks.

IMO, the scanning option should only pop up when a new card is inserted with a manual option buried in the advanced settings options. Does everyone agree, or am I missing something?

I'm personally afraid to update from my current v1.6 until Rudi gives the all clear with sound quality. Rudi, are you going to add this to your FW sound quality comparison soon? Does anyone else have an idea of the SQ difference compared to 1.6 which seems to be everyone's previous favorite?

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #4,789 of 18,652
  Damn, it turns out it only works for some songs. The soundstage has gotten bigger, I swear.

I had issues with media scanning that I never had before.  I had to remove and re-insert the card around 5 times before it finally decided to scan the entire card.  I had the auto-off set to 20 minutes and screen to 30 sec.

EDIT:  I was wrong .. the entire card did not get scanned.  I open up and album and noticed that the first 3 tracks were missing.  Checked the tags and all looks fine.  I wonder how many other albums are missing tracks .. :p

I went to the play album in question via the directory mode and the unit scanned the album.  I the went back to the album via the album mode and the songs were still not there.  I rebooted the unit and went to the album via album view and the songs where now there but were played at the bottom of this listing instead of at the top where they belong.  :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #4,791 of 18,652

I have about 35G on my card.  I set my auto off to 20 minutes and kicked off a scan by removing the card and re-inserting.  Whenever the screen blanked out, I just kept hitting the power button to turn it back on.  Mine scanned everything fine.  It took a while, but I just entertained myself reading all of the upgrade stories in this thread.
So maybe it is a timeout setting.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #4,792 of 18,652
Yes.......The sound stage is wider and you don't need a third party to rubber stamp and approve it.  Let your ears tell you what is acceptable.  All subjective and all different ears.  By the way, woman have a better sense of frequency response and overall sound quality.  If you are in tizzy and don't know what to do.......Well, make a new friend, that would be a lady string player...Oh, keyboards are acceptable.

Thanks Ibasso for a wonderful DX 50 that just keeps getting better.

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #4,793 of 18,652

Yups, it has wider soundatage, more bass, an thicker mids than V1.2.0, IMO.

Now the factory, speccialy the firmware developer, please made this player work as portable DAC and support usb sound out :D

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #4,795 of 18,652
Finally installed the FW. Scroll bar FTW! Also, props to iBasso for including in-list memory in directory mode. Initially these bugs made my trade for the DX50 so-so, but since this update, I feel like I definitely won out!

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #4,796 of 18,652
oh geez.... I shouldn't have spent last nite watching the new episode of Bron/Broen....and instead flashing this new firmware.... now I am at work already.....the media scanning fix is really what i need

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #4,798 of 18,652
What happened to the media scanning right after the boot up?

Wow, did they finally get rid of that totally unnecessary step - thank god. Does this mean that when you turn the device on, it goes to the now playing screen and allows you to start from where you left off? That was my favorite functionality with the iPod - being able to just simply hit the play button twice and instantly be able start where you left off. Now if only they can FW away the required startup time with an Apple-like sleep mode and allow us to play from where we last left off within two clicks.

IMO, the scanning option should only pop up when a new card is inserted with a manual option buried in the advanced settings options. Does everyone agree, or am I missing something?

I'm personally afraid to update from my current v1.6 until Rudi gives the all clear with sound quality. Rudi, are you going to add this to your FW sound quality comparison soon? Does anyone else have an idea of the SQ difference compared to 1.6 which seems to be everyone's previous favorite?

1. It has to scan. The fastest way to add tracks is to remove the card and add them. You should do this when the device is off, so when you start, it needs to scan to see if there is anything new. I suppose they could add an option, but scanning on start is just what android devices do. Nice of it was a background process, but I doubt the processor has the horsepower for that.

2. There is no SQ difference that you (or Rudi) would ever hear of your testing was blind.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #4,799 of 18,652
Ok after hearing that newest update was stable i install v1.2 on my DX50 now its stuck on the "iBasso Audio" logo.
It went through the update said it was rebooting now its stuck.
Anyone has a fix for this issue?

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #4,800 of 18,652
Where are you getting this fw 1.2.2 from?

Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50Firmware_V1.2.2.zip

Ibasso had it on their site, then they took it down 
confused.gif

But I'm guessing its because they realized that this firmware was so bug free and sounded so good that no one would buy their DX100 anymore, so they pulled it to make some "adjustments", lol, :p

Were lucky sorensiim has it up anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back