The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 16, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #18,121 of 18,652
  Do NOT use ExFat in the DX50. You are going to call for trouble depending which FW you are using. The sector size in ExFat is different and some FW choking because of it. Stuttering is the most common effect. Any card of any size can be formatted in FAT - just use a 3rd party tool for it. Several are mentioned here in this thread.

Cheers

I've had the DX50 for a few weeks now with quite a bit of playtime, and no such problems with eXFat format on a 200gb sandisk microsd card, and i'm squeezing the card to it's limit, not disputing your preference for fat32, my dx50 is doing what it's supposed to, play music without hiccups.

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #18,123 of 18,652
  Hey!

Short question. Does Mango in DAC mode sounds like mango playing straight from minisd or sound like should be (as ex. Rockbox) ?

(Refer sentence in red) I am not sure which you referring to but I assume you are playing the same tracks from the DX50 vs media player from your PC? If you are comparing such then rest assure that it is the same. I have tested it myself using Foobar w/ WASAPI.

Add: I have not using any other ROM than stock, tested in version 1.5.x and the SQ, volume are the exact same when play from DX50 vs Foobar (+ WASAPI) from my laptop.

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #18,124 of 18,652
Hi all, it has been a long time since I used the last time my DX50 because I bought a Vivo Xshot to replace both my dap and old iPhone.

But now I'd like to use the DX50 as usb DAC for listening music on amplified speakers like Jbl lsr305 or Paradigm Shift Aw, Xtz tune 4 or others.

Do you know if with the last firmware Ibasso released this function?

Thank you for your suggestions

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #18,125 of 18,652
I was able to get a replacement for my malfunctioning DX50 and now things are working well except for the fact that it's fairly noisy with my SE535's (as compared to the Fiio X3 II which I had before).  Weirder still, the quietest gain level is paradoxically the "HI" setting and as you turn it down to LO or MID, the unit gets noisier.

With that in mind, would getting a headphone amp solve my noise problems or should I get a DAC as well?  I'm guessing probably that the DAC is the bigger problem here.  Apologies in advance for the basic question!

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #18,126 of 18,652
  I was able to get a replacement for my malfunctioning DX50 and now things are working well except for the fact that it's fairly noisy with my SE535's (as compared to the Fiio X3 II which I had before).  Weirder still, the quietest gain level is paradoxically the "HI" setting and as you turn it down to LO or MID, the unit gets noisier.

With that in mind, would getting a headphone amp solve my noise problems or should I get a DAC as well?  I'm guessing probably that the DAC is the bigger problem here.  Apologies in advance for the basic question!

Get a Fiio E12A, i have this pair and works excelent with all my iems (my se425 and se535 too)

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #18,128 of 18,652
no experience with them, i stick with the e12 for a while and sell it to a friend who wanted to run their hd800 on the go. then i bought the e12a. And since then i didnt wanted to change it (also all my budget goes to my stereo setup so i dont want to expend a lot on a portable, 1000usd max) And since the E12a is dead quiet and also drives my hd25 and phillips shp8900 perfectly, i look no further.
Also the soundstage, image, and body against the dx50 is impresive
At least to my ears, the dx50 sounds lifeless with any iem i have, is a must to have it externaly amped

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #18,129 of 18,652
  no experience with them, i stick with the e12 for a while and sell it to a friend who wanted to run their hd800 on the go. then i bought the e12a. And since then i didnt wanted to change it (also all my budget goes to my stereo setup so i dont want to expend a lot on a portable, 1000usd max) And since the E12a is dead quiet and also drives my hd25 and phillips shp8900 perfectly, i look no further.
Also the soundstage, image, and body against the dx50 is impresive
At least to my ears, the dx50 sounds lifeless with any iem i have, is a must to have it externaly amped

If You got chance - modify DX50 hardware + use SU 1.3.3 FW - this thing becomes alive!
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/720776/ibasso-dx50-mods/240#post_11863288

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #18,130 of 18,652
hah yeah I don't know man, I think I would **** that up royally if I tried 
smily_headphones1.gif

also have any of you all experienced the problem of the DX50 making little skips at the beginning of tracks?  like a few seconds into a track it'll skip and then if you restart the track it'll play normally.

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #18,131 of 18,652
smily_headphones1.gif

also have any of you all experienced the problem of the DX50 making little skips at the beginning of tracks?  like a few seconds into a track it'll skip and then if you restart the track it'll play normally.

No.
None of what you reported.
No noise, no skipping.
Not even when I actually (rare these days) use Mango.
Ever since I added dual boot (RB+Mango), I am running mine in RB and never looked back for longer than checking what the new stock firmware does.

Cheers.

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #18,132 of 18,652
smily_headphones1.gif

Never have this problem. Maybe try a factory reset or do a batch tool install of the firmware, which is on the 1st page of the DX80 thread. 

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #18,135 of 18,652
Hi guys
I tried to use the dx50 as an external dac for my android smartphone and it works like a charm! Only one little problem: it drains out the smarphone battery really fast!
I was wndering: dx50 has its own internal battery, so is there some way to use that energy instead of the one coming from my nexus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back