The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 3, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #18,032 of 18,652
Maybe SU 1.3.0 is just one of older versions and SU 1.5.1 is just mistake by someone because it is based on original 1.5.1 FW and shows up like this on player info.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #18,035 of 18,652
Probably not (if it even is legit newest version?), but depends also lot of personal preferences and gear being used. So far, with all the gear I`ve tried, and hardware upgrades, SU 1.3.3 @ flac only / iir off / cpu default has been superior FW, IMSHO.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #18,037 of 18,652
so posted this as a new thread but didn't get any replies so I'll try here:

I bought a DX50 a few days ago and straight out of the gate it has been having issues.  Sometimes after 3 minutes of playing, sometimes after 20 or more, the unit will just turn off by itself, even though it is fully charged.  I have the latest firmware and tried doing a factory reset, which didn't fix the problem. 

Is this a common problem that you guys have experienced, and if so any fixes?  Is my unit defective and I should return it? 

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #18,039 of 18,652
hey man, did both of those things.  updated firmware as soon as I got it, then did the Factory Reset.  when that didn't work, did the reset again and still the same problems.

the player also has trouble scanning my memory card, occasionally getting only maybe 10% of the files, and then being unable to capture the most recently updated files.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #18,042 of 18,652
  hey man, did both of those things.  updated firmware as soon as I got it, then did the Factory Reset.  when that didn't work, did the reset again and still the same problems.

the player also has trouble scanning my memory card, occasionally getting only maybe 10% of the files, and then being unable to capture the most recently updated files.

Has the card you are using worked on other players? You could try a tag cleaner. There is a Batch Tool on the 1st page of the DX80 thread that works for the DX50. There are instructions for its use with the download. The BT wipes the internal memory and does a clean install. Please try this and see if it resolves your issue.

Depending upon the sensitivity of the IEMs there can be a pop on the DX50 when turned on. We advise that you plug in your monitors after the DX50 is turned on.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 5, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #18,045 of 18,652
  Paul, is there a version of the tag cleaner that would work on my Mac?  

It also seems a bit strange for the device to need a wipe the first day it was used, no?

I depends upon what information another dap has placed on the card. Some put coding that some daps do not work with. To clean the card you can use CleanMyDrive2. It is free and works well to get rid of junk that may have accumulated on a card without affecting the music files. There are tag cleaners but I have no specific one that I have used lately.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back