The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 6, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #17,222 of 18,652
have you opened the unit?

No I haven't opened it, I have changed the battery though. It's always in a Mini Audio silicon case and a Pelican 1010 when not in use.

Regards

Steve

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #17,223 of 18,652
Hi guys, I think I may have a problem with screen on my DX50 ? I booted it up this morning and I have 2 vertical red line running up the screen ( one in the middle and one about 1cm from the right edge). Any ideas?

Regards

Steve

Does it happen everytime you boot the player?

Have you tried holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Doing a factory reset? 

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #17,224 of 18,652

Here's a screen shot to show what I mean.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #17,225 of 18,652
Does it happen everytime you boot the player?

Have you tried holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Doing a factory reset? 

Not yet, but I'll give it a go and report back.

Thanks

Steve

Well it rebooted but still has the two lines on the screen.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #17,226 of 18,652
remove the silicon case and remove the battery!try to put back the original battery,or the new battery you have an try another fem times to power it on!you can also shake it a little bit,and then try again.I saw some posts here,stating that silicon rubber can ruin the screen,but I hope it's not the case.if it won't work,dont panic,as ibasso service is really great and cheap.I payed only 10 usd to repair my unit,and they told me that they usually charge 10usd for everything so this is a good thing.you'll end up paying more for postage,but thta's life.thet charge 22 usd for getting it back via dhl,but mine got home in 4 days,so 22 usd was worth it!hope you'll fix it,without sending it to them!try to gently push on lcd when the unit is on and off...

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #17,227 of 18,652
remove the silicon case and remove the battery!try to put back the original battery,or the new battery you have an try another fem times to power it on!you can also shake it a little bit,and then try again.I saw some posts here,stating that silicon rubber can ruin the screen,but I hope it's not the case.if it won't work,dont panic,as ibasso service is really great and cheap.I payed only 10 usd to repair my unit,and they told me that they usually charge 10usd for everything so this is a good thing.you'll end up paying more for postage,but thta's life.thet charge 22 usd for getting it back via dhl,but mine got home in 4 days,so 22 usd was worth it!hope you'll fix it,without sending it to them!try to gently push on lcd when the unit is on and off...

Thanks for the advice, but as its only 3 months old I should get away with it under warranty. I hope!

Regards

Steve

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #17,229 of 18,652
hmmm,that's good,you'll just going to miss it for a while!this is strange,as the unit si new!if the problem persists,then you should contact ibasso and explain the problem to them,also attach few pictures.they respond really quickly!hope you get it fixed...I was going crazy when mine broke!

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #17,230 of 18,652
hmmm,that's good,you'll just going to miss it for a while!this is strange,as the unit si new!if the problem persists,then you should contact ibasso and explain the problem to them,also attach few pictures.they respond really quickly!hope you get it fixed...I was going crazy when mine broke!

Thanks buddy, I've just emailed the company that sold me it and am waiting their response. Hopefully Amp3 will get back to me on Monday.
The unit still works fine and sounds great, it's just that if the screen packs up its not really gonna be much use then!

Regards

Steve.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #17,232 of 18,652
Love the player but apparently there's some quality control issue here with the screen........

Seems like I might not be the last one to have this complaint then!

Regards

Steve

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #17,234 of 18,652
X
Hey, what a bummer man, all the best in finding a solution. If possible, please publish here the outcome of this issue.

Hi, Sure i will let you guys know the outcome as soon as I do.

Regards

Steve

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #17,235 of 18,652
Hey guys,

Just a quick follow up to my previous messages from weeks ago regarding firmwares.

A day after my last message (then becoming doubtful of my own hearing), I was listening to an album on NDFFF and after a couple of songs I came to feel "man, those treble are indeed kinda harsh...What?".

So that triggered me to redo the whole carousel of trying the different FWs again, including latest official 1.9.2, and ended up liking SU 1.3.3 best. And came approximately to the same conclusions as several of the members here. The thing is, the fatiguing treble I heard with NDFFF manifested quite suddenly, so I wonder if either it may have been related to the DX50 burning-in (although I don't really believe in it), self-suggestion based on forum comments, sudden brain burn-in, and most probably a mix of all that alright.

Anyway I really like this little player and have used it extensively since I bought it. At home I also use the DX50 connected via s/pdif to my DAC and home amps. Battery range used this way (bypassing internal DAC and amp) is outstanding. Yesterday my wife and I stayed home chillin the whole day enjoying the sun on the patio while the DX50 played music through the home stereo during about 10 hours +  : at the end of the day the battery gauge had only decreased by one element (out of 6).

I was also thinking about buying a second battery to swap regularly. I stumbled upon a couple articles mentioning the Pisen brand (the one shipped with the player) as a leading battery brand in China. As the "real" Samsung seem hard to come by, I think I'm just gonna buy a second Pisen as I've been happy with its performance. (Free Worldwide Shipping from here : http://carreway.com/Pisen-2100-Portable-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300.html).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back