The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Apr 8, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #976 of 1,060
Thanks !! I see myself getting closer and closer to buying a PA10. I'll await your thoughts tomorrow on the combination with MMKII, as I also have MMKII and the synergy will be appreciated.
Now it's on its first charge, I don't want to disturb it... lol but tomorrow I'll tell you everything, including how long it will take. Now I have switched to the RA2BFE again with the Elite and the sound is less heavy, more natural but less engaging... then it always depends on what you are looking for, but in any case it is not an amplifier to be underestimated either... on the contrary.

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #977 of 1,060
@RIGATIO Could you share what this combination is like for use in IEMs only? DC-elite is already great. It's my favorite among my dongles. I'm interested in buying a PA10. But, as I already use the V222 and the Lyr+ for my headphones, I would use the PA10 connected to the dongles with just my IEMs. I wonder if I would have a lot of whistling, due to having a lot of power coming from the PA10. I also ask if I could get a good volume match with most of my IEMs, including the most sensitive ones. Your experience will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
When the pa10 is added, the overall sound becomes bit bolder, with slightly bigger perceived stage. But with my iems, the Elite already has a character of a good desktop source, so the pa10 is not needed but it will improve the sound a bit. The bass will be bit bolder and the higher mids will calm down tiny bit. Nothing substantial but audible. The pa10 adds mainly when you need to drive power hungry full sized open back planars, then the difference in power and controll is on a different level.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #978 of 1,060
When the pa10 is added, the overall sound becomes bit bolder, with slightly bigger perceived stage. But with my iems, the Elite already has a character of a good desktop source, so the pa10 is not needed but it will improve the sound a bit. The bass will be bit bolder and the higher mids will calm down tiny bit. Nothing substantial but audible. The pa10 adds mainly when you need to drive power hungry full sized open back planars, then the difference in power and controll is on a different level.
Thank you for sharing your experience with the PA10. In fact, the Elite already delivers such good sound that it will probably be difficult to notice such a big difference in IEMs alone. In any case, I will analyze whether it will be worth buying just to have the option of a class A amp available. I'm also curious to hear the A&K sound. I will think about the purchase.
Thanks!

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #979 of 1,060
wy1.jpg

The L&P WY1 cable has arrived... certainly on another level compared to the CB19 and much more comfortable thanks to its length. However, the incompatibility with some dongles remains (RU7, M15 and others that I can't remember now) so I think it actually depends on the implementation of the USB port present in those dongles.

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #980 of 1,060

The L&P WY1 cable has arrived... certainly on another level compared to the CB19 and much more comfortable thanks to its length. However, the incompatibility with some dongles remains (RU7, M15 and others that I can't remember now) so I think it actually depends on the implementation of the USB port present in those dongles.
Pls pictures of the cable and not the packaging box 😉

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #981 of 1,060
Pls pictures of the cable and not the packaging box 😉
I put the photo of the box because no one had ever posted it and I wanted to make sure it was original because it seems like there are some well-made copies going around... anyway here's the one of the cable :wink:

A&k.jpg

Apr 9, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #984 of 1,060
Now the question arises- whats the point because the dongle completely loses its portability. Dongle is for a portable use. For desktop usage scenario, just use a desktop system :)
As far as I'm concerned, for the dongles I own, maximum portability concerns the journey from desk to bed. One at a time goes away to the office, but if I have to use something truly portable I use a 634EARS Miroak II which turns off the tweeters of the LG V30 and I hope to have found a more economical situation with the EPZ Q1 PRO in type c version (practically with built-in dongle) which however has yet to arrive. :wink:

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #985 of 1,060
Hi,

Is there anyone that has compared DC06 PRO vs FiiO BTR7? I would like to know if the DC06 PRO is there or better in terms of sound quality.

If you haven't tried BTR7, could you tell the difference to BTR15 in terms of fidelity?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #986 of 1,060
Today my ibasso dc06pro started giving some kind of electrical discharges, luckily I managed to quickly remove the headphones from my ears but my ears still ring.
The sound was also completely distorted and in a pit.
It happened on both ports.
Be careful.
This just happened to me too, horrible static and squealing sounds. The green light came out so it was getting the signal. Extremely disappointing. I bought this one through aliexpress so likely won’t get support from iBasso on this. I’ll have to test with another cable tomorrow to see if that’s the issue.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #987 of 1,060
I tested the DC06 Pro with a different USB cable with my phone as well as my iPad and had the same issues across cables and devices. I plugged in my DC04 Pro to my phone using the same cable that I used last night on the 06 Pro and it played perfectly. Given that I've seen more than one person say they had the same or similar issues, along with some other issues with the 06 Pro specifically, I can only conclude that it's a manufacturing issue, and I would recommend sticking with another model of iBasso dongle. Really disappointing, because when it worked the sound was great.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #988 of 1,060
And can't a manufacturer issue be solved by replacing that unit by a new manufactured one? I don't think iBasso will give up of a model because of a first batch issue.

Anyways I was by seconds of ordering one and will hold on a little.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #989 of 1,060
And can't a manufacturer issue be solved by replacing that unit by a new manufactured one? I don't think iBasso will give up of a model because of a first batch issue.
This is why we ask that people please buy from authorized sellers. They invest money and time in their business and have overhead so it is understood that they can't sell something near cost. I have seen some products sold that had a profit or 2 or 3 USD. But they offer little to no service and won't back up a warranty, most of the time. I have helped many people that have purchased from an unauthorized seller but full service is to purchases from authorized sellers and most of the time, an authorized seller will have a device repaired or they will replace it. We have sold 1000s of the DC06PRO with no problems. Of course there will always be some issues, which is true of any product. All we ask is to please purchase from Authorized sellers and they can be found on our website at Where to Buy at www.ibasso.com.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 10, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #990 of 1,060
This is why we ask that people please buy from authorized sellers. They invest money and time in their business and have overhead so it is understood that they can't sell something near cost. I have seen some products sold that had a profit or 2 or 3 USD. But they offer little to no service and won't back up a warranty, most of the time. I have helped many people that have purchased from an unauthorized seller but full service is to purchases from authorized sellers and most of the time, an authorized seller will have a device repaired or they will replace it. We have sold 1000s of the DC06PRO with no problems. Of course there will always be some issues, which is true of any product. All we ask is to please purchase from Authorized sellers and they can be found on our website at Where to Buy at www.ibasso.com.
Sorry, but at this point a question arises spontaneously... but doesn't iBasso sell its products to unauthorized sellers? How do they obtain these products?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back