The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Apr 7, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #962 of 1,060
Thanks for the recommendations! I ended up getting the one at the link below. Mainly because it was cheap and had a high rating. I tested it with my DC04 Pro and it worked! It was only 1 song though. The sound with the DC04 Pro is so amazing, I can only imagine what the DC Elite is like with how people talk about it in here!

Portable Charger, 33800mAh Power... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBBQNW4K?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #963 of 1,060
Apr 7, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #964 of 1,060
Thanks everyone, it seems like the only dongle that has the power requirements for the Sundaras is the ifi go bar, but that is about 2x my budget. I'll keep looking for some alternative.
The ifi Go bar is not the only dongle that can drive a Sundara. An excellent alternative is the FiiO KA17 which with its desktop mode reaches 650mw against the 475mw of the Go bar and in addition costs almost half as much.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #965 of 1,060
The ifi Go bar is not the only dongle that can drive a Sundara. An excellent alternative is the FiiO KA17 which with its desktop mode reaches 650mw against the 475mw of the Go bar and in addition costs almost half as much.
Have you already tested the KA17? If so, could you give a small comparison with the DC-elite? Thank you!!

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #966 of 1,060
Have you already tested the KA17? If so, could you give a small comparison with the DC-elite? Thank you!!
I haven't tried the FiiO KA17 but everyone speaks well of it and in terms of amplification I think it is the most powerful dongle (650mw).

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #967 of 1,060
I haven't tried the FiiO KA17 but everyone speaks well of it and in terms of amplification I think it is the most powerful dongle (650mw).
As I use dongles almost only for IEMs, as I use desktop amplifiers with Headphones, I'm curious if there would be a comparison just in terms of sound quality. The DC-elite is my favorite dongle in the collection, but I always think about getting something different if it happens to be good and sounds really different. Because I have some IEMs, I always try to make the best Iem+dongle pairing when auditioning.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #968 of 1,060
As I use dongles almost only for IEMs, as I use desktop amplifiers with Headphones, I'm curious if there would be a comparison just in terms of sound quality. The DC-elite is my favorite dongle in the collection, but I always think about getting something different if it happens to be good and sounds really different. Because I have some IEMs, I always try to make the best Iem+dongle pairing when auditioning.
My advice is to get a different iem. I think having a couple sources is a waste of money as the differences are getting really small when you cross the high quality point. If you already have the Elite, you would need to get a dap for 1200-1500 dol to hear "some" little improvement. No other source in the price range of 200-1000 dol will beat the Elite unless you need a lot of power. On the other hand, investing 100-400 dol in other iem will give you some significant difference in timbre, detail, stage, dynamics etc.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #969 of 1,060

Elite + AK pa10 sound like a vinyl, no joke. Soo smooth and natural.
@RIGATIO Could you share what this combination is like for use in IEMs only? DC-elite is already great. It's my favorite among my dongles. I'm interested in buying a PA10. But, as I already use the V222 and the Lyr+ for my headphones, I would use the PA10 connected to the dongles with just my IEMs. I wonder if I would have a lot of whistling, due to having a lot of power coming from the PA10. I also ask if I could get a good volume match with most of my IEMs, including the most sensitive ones. Your experience will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #970 of 1,060
My advice is to get a different iem. I think having a couple sources is a waste of money as the differences are getting really small when you cross the high quality point. If you already have the Elite, you would need to get a dap for 1200-1500 dol to hear "some" little improvement. No other source in the price range of 200-1000 dol will beat the Elite unless you need a lot of power. On the other hand, investing 100-400 dol in other iem will give you some significant difference in timbre, detail, stage, dynamics etc.
Very well thought out. I already have a lot of IEMs. Now I have to make good use of what I have at home. Perhaps the KA17 would be a step back in terms of sound quality. But, maybe the PA10 would be a good addition to the game, right?

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #971 of 1,060
Very well thought out. I already have a lot of IEMs. Now I have to make good use of what I have at home. Perhaps the KA17 would be a step back in terms of sound quality. But, maybe the PA10 would be a good addition to the game, right?
The KA17 plays on the same playing field as the Ibasso DC-Elite and in my opinion loses badly. To have another playing field you should move to something like RU7/FC6. However @RIGATIO's advice is, as usual, excellent. Don't think you have to spend who knows what to bring home really good IEMs that will change the way you listen. Even with just over 300 euros you could try the PULA PA02 and the SLIIVO SL-41 which I easily place among my best iems.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #972 of 1,060
elitepa10.jpg

With the DC-Elite and the PULA PA02, the AKPA10 is pure poetry...

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #973 of 1,060
elitepa10.jpg

With the DC-Elite and the PULA PA02, the AKPA10 is pure poetry...
Glad to know that!! How is the volume control with the IEM? Do you have to set the volume to low on the elite to be able to adjust the volume on the PA10? Does it have whistles? And if we used the RU7's line output, for example, would we be able to make a good adjustment to the PA10's volume pot to have a good sound with IEMs?

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #974 of 1,060
Glad to know that!! How is the volume control with the IEM? Do you have to set the volume to low on the elite to be able to adjust the volume on the PA10? Does it have whistles? And if we used the RU7's line output, for example, would we be able to make a good adjustment to the PA10's volume pot to have a good sound with IEMs?
The DC-Elite is at maximum volume as if it were in line out and the PA10 has no problem managing IEMs also because beyond its power it was ultimately created for that. Obviously with sensitive IEMs it is better to stay in low gain (consumption will also benefit) while with harder IEMs to drive, for example the Final A3000, high gain is necessary. The background noise is not noticeable for now but tomorrow I will be more precise by testing it with the Mest MKII (12.5 ohm) and I will let you know if there are any problems. For now everything is ok and it is perfectly complementary to the RA2BFE.

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #975 of 1,060
The DC-Elite is at maximum volume as if it were in line out and the PA10 has no problem managing IEMs also because beyond its power it was ultimately created for that. Obviously with sensitive IEMs it is better to stay in low gain (consumption will also benefit) while with harder IEMs to drive, for example the Final A3000, high gain is necessary. The background noise is not noticeable for now but tomorrow I will be more precise by testing it with the Mest MKII (12.5 ohm) and I will let you know if there are any problems. For now everything is ok and it is perfectly complementary to the RA2BFE.
Thanks !! I see myself getting closer and closer to buying a PA10. I'll await your thoughts tomorrow on the combination with MMKII, as I also have MMKII and the synergy will be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back